1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did part 2. Who knows with these dips in the nostalgia pool that HT takes.

Yeah a DeLorean and Marty were unexpected in the first place and now we're getting another Marty and a Doc. I think it's possible that we see Doc and Marty from the third film. I'll be satisfied if that's where the line ends.

Starting to think we may never see this happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starting to think we may never see this happen

This is absolutely 99.9999999% happening. Once preorders are taken I don't think HT has ever backed out. The part 2 delorean is another matter but doc and marty are certain.

Ok ok.....I am hating this wait thou. Seems like its all SW and DC. Must be what the Ripley crew feels like.

This isnt a bad alternative since its starting to look like we will never see a hover delorean from hot toys.

Ok ok.....I am hating this wait thou. Seems like its all SW and DC. Must be what the Ripley crew feels like.

I believe the heirarchy for HT is as follows:

1. SW
2. MCU (though you can make a case for these 1-2 spots being flipped)
3. DCEU
4. Anything else they get around to.

I would move MCU to the top solely because they actually try to get the head sculpts to look correct on most Marvel figures. A lot of the SW figures are clearly "Eh, looks good enough. Ship it!"

I would move MCU to the top solely because they actually try to get the head sculpts to look correct on most Marvel figures. A lot of the SW figures are clearly "Eh, looks good enough. Ship it!"

:exactly:

Which could be a result of them producing SW figures as fast as they can. Not sure if you perhaps misunderstood me, but I was basing that list on what licenses seem to take precedence over the other, not the amount of effort they put into each. Generally, I think as a whole they've done the best job on DCEU figures.

:exactly:

Which could be a result of them producing SW figures as fast as they can. Not sure if you perhaps misunderstood me, but I was basing that list on what licenses seem to take precedence over the other, not the amount of effort they put into each. Generally, I think as a whole they've done the best job on DCEU figures.

Gotcha. And yeah, the D.C. figures have been quite nice and slow to release so I'm sure there's a correlation.

Star Wars collector's are the most **** when it comes to accuracy though. I mean I've never heard so much nitpicking about tiny little things.

Maybe you weren't happy with some of the OT figures, but I don't see what's wrong with anything from RO or Old Han and Rey. It pretty much took HT 5 attempts to get the most accurate Scarlett Johansson sculpt, and we're not even close to that amount of attempts with Star Wars.

Star Wars and Marvel are it's number one priorities because of Disney. How long will it be before Disney actually buy out HT to produce only their licences?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nah, most of the Star Wars sculpts are pretty bad. I would argue that even the earliest Black Widows, Caps, and Thors were all closer than the ANH Han, Luke, Obi-Wan or TFA Finn or Rey. The paint apps are so much better on the SW figures now though than, for example, the early Marvel figures, so some people don't see how far off they actually are.

Also, still think this Doc sculpt is pretty meh.

Does anybody why Hot Toys doesn't display Marty and Doc at Secret Base?

Its not due for release until the July to September period which could be anywhere from the start of July to the end of September. The next hot toys upcoming releases photo which features all the figures due for release in a 3 month period should show both Marty and Doc, then it should be on display at Secret Base. Not sure why they haven't been displayed there up to this point. You should see the figures at San Diego Comic Con in the meantime.

Its not due for release until the July to September period which could be anywhere from the start of July to the end of September. The next hot toys upcoming releases photo which features all the figures due for release in a 3 month period should show it, then it'll be on display at secret base. You should see the figures at San Diego Comic Con in the meantime.

No.. Every Figure which is available for preorder is shown at secret base. Even the new Spiderman.
18922819_1747880092176734_1864330404172512695_o.jpg

Just throwing out a guess with regards to that, I imagine they like to capitalize on current excitement towards a property, movies currently in the theater, or with a related property coming out (Alien Covenant for Ripley). Nothing current going on with BTTF, its a shame they couldn't have had them up for preorder back on BTTF Day a couple years ago. Its not a bad idea though because I always fall victim to that initial excitement, saw Pirates, pre-ordered Jack, then a week later I'm telling myself I didn't really need it and cancelled the order :lol

Back