1/6 Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks! i am definitely putting harley in one of these newfangled bodies when i get my spares in.

I like your Harley, but in all honesty I'm sort of glad the character didn't make it into Nolan's trilogy. She just doesn't seem like she'd fit in particularly with Ledger's Joker. I just don't see that version of the character as having a sidekick of any type really.

thanks ~ and i actually totally agree.

she would have had to be a monster in her own right; obsessed with him maybe, but completely on her own in her lunacy.

and he would have had no compunction whatsoever against popping a cap in her head before she could say "puddin".

thanks! might tweak her a bit after i get her reassembled on her new body, but i'm happy with how she came out!

: D

Was just researching on making my own HQ custom and came across this thread. You're right, I'm really surprised how few HQ customs there are.

I really like what you did here, and LOVE the Rayne suit, I think it's perfect. Just picked up a Rayne figure off of Ebay to give it a try myself. It's funny, the red hair on the Rayne figure is perfect - it's too bad it's so damn short! Not 100% sure what I'm doing with the hair just yet, but did pick up a couple of other accessories. Probably will make some sort of sculpted big wooden hammer to go with her as well.

Just wanted to say nicely done! This is one of the best HQ customs I've seen.

thanks! yeah, the moment i saw it i knew i wanted to try this.

harleyjoker04.jpg

They look great together! Good job! :clap

Was just researching on making my own HQ custom and came across this thread. You're right, I'm really surprised how few HQ customs there are.

I really like what you did here, and LOVE the Rayne suit, I think it's perfect. Just picked up a Rayne figure off of Ebay to give it a try myself. It's funny, the red hair on the Rayne figure is perfect - it's too bad it's so damn short! Not 100% sure what I'm doing with the hair just yet, but did pick up a couple of other accessories. Probably will make some sort of sculpted big wooden hammer to go with her as well.

Just wanted to say nicely done! This is one of the best HQ customs I've seen.

thank you! i admit i am pretty proud of her ~ she's the first custom/kitbash i have ever done.

the rayne suit is a bit of struggle, but it was worth it. and a mallet would be a great accessory (and probably not too hard to make)!

They look great together! Good job! :clap

thank you! definitely good for some sadistic laughs.

I've only done a handful myself, it's a pretty cool feeling when you put the finishing touches on one. I'll be sure to share photos, of course. :)

I've only done a handful myself, it's a pretty cool feeling when you put the finishing touches on one. I'll be sure to share photos, of course. :)

i hope so! i'd love to see what others can do with this character. she's only a bajillion interpretations of her out there, so it feels like the sky's the limit!

I love all of her different looks, but probably like the Arkham video game look the best. I found some cool boots that I plan on coloring (they're currently olive green) and was going to see if there was a way to color some of the red parts of the Rayne suit purple so she has the red/purple look instead of just red.

Also bought a red/black skirt just to throw it up there and see if it sticks. It may look awful, or it might look cool. It'll give me some flexibility anyway.

And I also just got the Mr. J 2.0.......LOVE your photo of the two of them together!! :yess:

i like the arkham look too ~ the purple and red will look cool. i played around with a lot of different ideas before i was able to find the rayne suit parted out (didn't want the whole set). so i think there's definitely a lot of different ways to go with her. boots were hard to find for me ~ i didn't want her on platforms or stilettos.

haven't taken pictures with her since i got the 2.0 ~ hopefully they will get along just fine (in a punch & judy sort of way).

looking forward to seeing your own creation! how are you planning to paint the rayne sculpt?

I'm not 100% sure just yet. Obviously paint her face white....I haven't done anything with hair yet, so I'll have to read up on how to color it.

I may paint/sculpt on a mask so it looks more like this:

harleyQuinnArkhamAsylum.png

I love the red color that Rayne's hair is, so I may play with coloring one side of it black or something? Not sure.

The real problem of course is the fact that Rayne's hair is shorter than Harley's. So I may play with Rayne's head and also find a 2nd head with long hair to do up as well. Babydoll was a great idea, that head is perfect.

The one thing that I don't like is that it seems like all of the female heads out there have a blank stare. It would be awesome to find a head with a big smile on it. I could always find a cheaper head and play around with sculpting in a new mouth I suppose?

Luckily I'm like you, I'm not trying to nail a specific look. I like to make my customs my way, do things that I like and not try to be "movie accurate" so to speak. ;)

i totally agree with you about the smiling sculpt!

that baby doll you show there is the one i actually used. i have a doctor quinzel bash who actually has the official ht baby doll sculpt, and then i bought the knock-off to paint since the features match ~ yeah, i didn't want to pay the crazy prices for something i was pretty sure i would screw up.

also, i can vouch for that particular seller.

that last costume with the hammer was sorta what i was going for with the hair on mine, but couldn't get the baby-doll pigtails to sit right (i'm no expert at working with doll hair).

i'm sure there's a way to apply gel and whatnot to get them into that shape, but i had tied mine up to paint her face and then just left them that way (traded one black ribbon for red). i might go back and work on it now that i am feeling more adventuresome than when i first started. if you set the pigtails higher on the head they just stand straight up (if you don't mind a punk look). it's problematic that baby-doll's haircut is uneven, so it's hard to get it to look balanced.

Cool....after the dust settles on my recent purchases (also putting together a Punisher that I've bought a head, shirt and combat pants for this week....the Wife is going to have a few words for me when she sees the Paypal bill) I may get one of those knockoff Babydoll heads to play with.

Like I said, I've only done a handful of customs myself. But one thing I've learned is, you can usually go back and try again if you screw something up. Not in all cases of course, but I painted my whole Agent Venom figure, and then hated the big spider on his chest. Painted the whole thing black and then over it in red again and wah lah, it looked awesome.

So if at first you don't succeed, throw more paint (and/or money) at it. ;)

the whole customizing thing is definitely a rabbithole of adventure, innit?

i went through two body suits and five pairs of boots for harley (wrecked one, hated the others). settled for ht alice's (and may yet paint them).

so there's definitely a learning curve and then a development curve with this stuff. i'm looking forward to customizing a few more characters this summer ~ see if i have as much success with them as i did with this!

good luck with the paypal bill ~ mine was horrid this past week as well (such a wretched addiction!).

Yeah, part of the problem is, you don't know what will and will not fit, and what will look good and what won't. Like the skirt I ordered....I'm guessing it won't work going over the pants, but we'll see.

I'd also like to put the little diamond shapes on her legs, not sure how that is possible. I'm wondering if I can paint that material? I'd love to make the gloves one red and one purple, and paint the diamonds on her legs. I'll have to research that a bit.

And yes....it IS an addiction.

i want to paint the diamonds too! going to try some fabric paint; not sure i want to put acrylic on the weird stuff those rayne pants are made of.

i hadn't thought about painting the gloves. maybe if i paint the boots i'll do the gloves as well.

the pants ride ridiculously low, so you may be able to get the skirt on if it's higher-waisted.

Back