1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...speaking of War Machine...anybody gonna put that Brad Pitt head sculpt on the Hot Toys War Machine just for laughs?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

You gotta show how you did this. This is one of my peeves when it comes to the IM figures. I wish both eyes had their own light source instead of sharing one in the middle and praying that it's bright enough to fully illuminate both eyes.

Job well done. It looks amazing.

I wired 2 pink LEDs in parallel, and swapped out the existing resistor with 100 ohm since the pinks have a higher forward voltage than the reds. I also had to shave down the top of the rubber neck socket to make room for the wiring. My wiring is sloppy, but you get the idea:
20170429_175307-1_zpsgycfkv3y.jpg

I used 91% isopropyl alcohol to remove the red paint from the light diffuser.
20170429_175724-1_zpsjuemrkxw.jpg

20170429_175826-1_zpscdfrj1gq.jpg

All wired up with USB. Still need to figure out the chest LED since I can't get into the body, but for now it's "movie accurate":
20170427_210545-1_zpssmsphhcj.jpg

It's awesome just buy it. Got one also, open for inspection never displayed. Most fun out of my small collection compared with Batman figs.

Decided to set this guy up on my coffee table today while I work from home. I always preferred the look of the Mark 3 but after getting this guy I think it's going to take a lot to dethrone him as my GOAT figure.
681b39fdde18d1f82b91cf9c43afdc49.jpg

Also I do have one minor gripe with the figure, which is that I find it almost impossible to get the right shoulder missiles up and into position without the side touching the helmet, no matter how far I move the head over to the left out of the way.

Yeah bud, very late. In Ottawa myself and have had this for several months -- granted I ordered from SS. That being said, I've seen this come and go (a while ago) at my local CBS. So you might want to check in on that.

EDIT:

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks man !

I got fed up waiting on UrbanSamuraiHobbies and found it in store at a still decent price, following your suggestion to search for it in a CBS. And wow, what a beast !! If they ever ship it, I'll keep it mint and sell it back eventually.

I also have a WM Mk3 on pre-order (to a hopefully more reliable place) and decided to get the Mk2 AOU through eBay as well.
Went loco on these WM diecasts :p

...As a disappointed Habs fan, bitter at NYR, GO Sens and Oilers !!

Are they not supposed to be flipped down like that? Why else would they have hinges.

Sure you could lower the forearm guns due to the hinges, but it just looks odd that way. Also in the movie they were flush against his forearms, not lowered as you have it.

Sure you could lower the forearm guns due to the hinges, but it just looks odd that way. Also in the movie they were flush against his forearms, not lowered as you have it.

Oh I think it looks awesome that way. Like when he really freaking means business, that's when the arms guns drop down. I am not a slave to movie accuracy in my poses, haha.

Yeah, it's flushed against the forearm, not sagging down.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think they look odd hanging down like that. Makes me think the guns aren't stable enough. Plus, the hinges there make the light switches easily accessible which is great.

Back