1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have this on the way to me from Popcultcha. I logged on the other day, saw that I had enough pennies to get 10% off, and just couldn't resist. Came out to about $420 shipped. What was it shipped from Sideshow, like $380 or something? I was so close to ordering it from them back when they had the end of year 20% off sale, and prices are only going up on eBay, so what the hell.

Yeah, $420 isn't a terrible price for this.

Man, I can't wait to have the 1 and 3 displayed together.

Yeah, $420 isn't a terrible price for this.

Man, I can't wait to have the 1 and 3 displayed together.

I blame you for this, btw. Bringing up posing this and the Mark VI together over in that other thread, lol.

eBay auctions for used Mark 1s have been going for over $420 so I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet on a new one. Hope it's worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I blame you for this, btw. Bringing up posing this and the Mark VI together over in that other thread, lol.

eBay auctions for used Mark 1s have been going for over $420 so I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet on a new one. Hope it's worth it.

Lol. Happy to help lol.

I'm certain you'll be happy with this. It's an incredible figure. It's so damn heavy too, it really gives the impression of value when you're holding it. The articulation is fantastic, and the accessories are awesome. I also love the thrusters in the back and the pop up shoulder missiles. Having those be add on pieces would've been cool, but that they're built into the figure is awesome. (I didn't own the original mark 1).

I only have 2 complaints with the figure. One, the super red eyes. That's not a huge deal for me because I rarely display them lit up. Second complaint is the base. It looks great, but It doesn't feel all that sturdy. I wish it was more like the 45's base which is heavier and lends itself better to posing (for me).

Yeah, I'm so excited to have the 6 and 1 displayed with whiplash mk 2, and I'm really excited to display each of the duo's together. 1+6, patriot+42, 2+45, and 3+46. Man it's going to look awesome.

The last figure I ordered from PC took almost a month to get to me after it shipped, so we'll see whether this or the War Machine Mark 3 will be my first Iron Man figure.

Don't mind the super red eye lights and I always do pretty boring poses for my figures so none of that stuff should bother me!

The last figure I ordered from PC took almost a month to get to me after it shipped, so we'll see whether this or the War Machine Mark 3 will be my first Iron Man figure.

Don't mind the super red eye lights and I always do pretty boring poses for my figures so none of that stuff should bother me!

I rarely do crazy poses either. It's just an awkward base. I don't use it. The figure is very sturdy.

War Machine is only 60 miles away from me as of this morning. Looks like he'll easily beat the Mark 3 in arrival to be both my first Iron Man figure and first die cast figure. Any day now!

Wow those are two amazing figures to have. I really like he MK1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So War Machine actually arrived this afternoon! Finally had a chance tonight to open it up and have a play around for a few minutes. Instantly my favorite figure I own, and it's not even close. I wish I could take my vote back for 2016 figure of the year because I completely understand what all the fuss is about now. Also, I am firmly in the camp of die cast figures being awesome and well worth the extra price.

So War Machine actually arrived this afternoon! Finally had a chance tonight to open it up and have a play around for a few minutes. Instantly my favorite figure I own, and it's not even close. I wish I could take my vote back for 2016 figure of the year because I completely understand what all the fuss is about now. Also, I am firmly in the camp of die cast figures being awesome and well worth the extra price.

Yeah, diecast works great with the main armors in my opinion.

Mk 3 arrives on Tuesday for me, I cannot wait to display it with this.

I actually decided to sell my BvS Batman and custom cape to completely fund this purchase and couldn't be happier with my decision. My guess is that most people who voted for that figure didn't own this one as well.

For the record, I voted for the Battling Cap which is still one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Baffles me how many "lists" don't even mention it. Guess they've never seen it in person. It's just an amazing piece.

I think it's just because it's an update to an existing figure. Better paint, more accessories, better articulation, added DC but still a figure tha's been out a long time. I have 30+ IM figures and i could not ever see one of them being figure of the year just because there is so many of them and (to me anyway) they are all amazing.

Man I wouldn't know which to pick. War machine mk 1 is an incredible update. For me it would probably be between the 1 and 45. I just absolutely love the paint job on the 45, the elbow articulation, the base, and that gold they used is just beautiful. I wish they'd do an updated version of bones using that gold, the gold it has is much too dull. I'd take an update of centurion as well. Anyways, back to 1 vs 45, the 1 totally kills the 45 when it comes to accessories.

2017, for me, will probably be between the war machine mk 3, the mk 46, and the mk 6. Though I'm not counting on getting my hands on the 6 prior to the new year.. but then again the mark 3 had a fairly quick turnaround from overseas release to sideshow fulfilling orders, so who knows.

I wish all of the armors included as many accessories as the 1. I still wish the base was better. That's pretty good though that out of 2 complaints of the figure one of them is about the base lol.

Well damn. Got my figure all set up and of course there's an issue. The shoulder joint at the top of the left arm is insanely loose making it impossible to keep the arm lifted even halfway. I got in touch with PC about a replacement arm but not holding out much hope. What a downer on an otherwise amazing figure. Gah.

Back