1/6 did apollo 11 astronaut fiftieth anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's a nitpick but in an otherwise outstanding figure it's reasonable to quibble over details... those gloves should be lighter grey and matte.

DiD FAIL :lecture :lol
I’m not nitpicking about the actual moon boots being dirty and therefore the 1/6 boots should be dirty. What I was saying is that in the previous post, the figure has blue on their boots and we were discussing how the real boots don’t seem to. I was stating that the real boots have dirt on them, so it is hard to tell what they really look like.

I don?t know... my brother used to have a beautiful book about the NASA moon program, and I distinctly remember the the dark grey gloves that looked as if they were made of shiny plastic...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

BAE4D340-15AA-4E97-9984-749753BF9A32.jpeg

These are Armstrong?s actual gloves.

So the DiD blue and grey seem a bit more intense, but they grey is definitely darker than the photo from on the moon.

Wor-Gar is probably right about moon dust impacting their appearance. The American flag is true to color in the photo.

View attachment 485560

So the DiD blue and grey seem a bit more intense, but they grey is definitely darker than the photo from on the moon.

Wor-Gar is probably right about moon dust impacting their appearance. The American flag is true to color in the photo.

This is the actual colour in hand, and the boots are the same blue also. :goodpost:

After following these pretty closely in the earlier stages I kinda fell asleep on these. Just caught up today on this thread and the videos and glad I did. Wow these look pretty amazing, I kinda understand the price after seeing the intricate details and very classy presentation.

My intention has mostly been to order just Armstrong but I caved and bought the whole set. Free shipping and no tax sealed the deal. The aftermarket price on these will be stupid, probably similar to the Ghostbusters.

I?m not nitpicking about the actual moon boots being dirty and therefore the 1/6 boots should be dirty. What I was saying is that in the previous post, the figure has blue on their boots and we were discussing how the real boots don?t seem to. I was stating that the real boots have dirt on them, so it is hard to tell what they really look like.

I don?t know... my brother used to have a beautiful book about the NASA moon program, and I distinctly remember the the dark grey gloves that looked as if they were made of shiny plastic...

This is the actual colour in hand, and the boots are the same blue also. :goodpost:

These are roughly the exact colors found on the Dragon/DML versions. Pretty accurate, all around.

I love it. I haven’t seen forensic notes like this for a long time. It usually only happens with the great figures :)

There is some great little short docs on youtube about the suits with the nearly year long wait it seemed an appropriate use of time, they go into alot of detail,also adam savage did a piece on the restoration of the apollo suits for the 50th anniversary, every detail is laid bare,they really are an amazing job.... literally wearable space ships lol and the figures are something that need to be seen first hand, photos and vids will only go so far.

It just occurred to me that these will be the only toys I own based on real life people/events and not an actor playing a fictional role. Although the set/event is about as science fiction/pop culture as real life gets.

It just occurred to me that these will be the only toys I own based on real life people/events and not an actor playing a fictional role. Although the set/event is about as science fiction/pop culture as real life gets.

Other than my Steve Jobs figure, the same would go for me.

You made me do a quick check on my collection and while I do have a number of figures based on real people, they are just about all historical military and astronaut figures.

Back