1/6 did apollo 11 astronaut fiftieth anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure looks great except that he shoulders seem to slump down rather sharply. Is that just in need of futzing or is it the suit design?

It looks like the suit is not inflated enough. Otherwise, it looks sharp. Love the base.

Figure looks great except that he shoulders seem to slump down rather sharply. Is that just in need of futzing or is it the suit design?

It looks like the suit is not inflated enough. Otherwise, it looks sharp. Love the base.

Didn’t notice that before you mentioned it, where did the shoulders go?

You can futz it how you want, make it look fuller wherever you want, the suit is quite thick. Hows this for the shoulders? I lke where my arms are but im sure if you move the arms out more it would also make a big difference.

my astro 13.jpg

I just looked back lol I see what you mean. I just took some pics straight after finally getting it all together and so had not futzed it at all. I think the suits are pretty similar. Also just to note though most is stitched on, I have not put on any of the decals yet so the text/name is not on there yet

My astro comp 2.jpg

Last edited:
Next week from TW!!!!!:yess:

IMO these are museum pieces- astounding level of tailoring and detail...

Yes agree, they are mesmerizing to look at and they just scream quality, if I'm honest they wouldn't actually look out of place in a museum.

I just looked back lol I see what you mean. I just took some pics straight after finally getting it all together and so had not futzed it at all. I think the suits are pretty similar. Also just to note though most is stitched on, I have not put on any of the decals yet so the text/name is not on there yet

View attachment 484749

Great pic that shows what I meant. I also have several of the Dragon/DML astronaut figures as well as the Hobby-Master Gene Cernan figure and all have the shoulders looking closer to the actual photo of Buzz Aldrin that you posted.

Either way, the figure looks amazing. If I didn't already have the other figures, I would have bit the expensive bullet and ordered all three from DiD.

Yeah I think the real suits had some hard material under the suit at the shoulders, but it's missing for these figures (maybe it affected posability). I wonder if one could stuff something in the suit from the back zipper to build up the shoulders a bit.

Just noticed the placement of the shoulder flag patch. Really gives you an idea of the shoulder size.

I have it in hand and you have to trust me, that my cheap phone really is not picking up how this looks in hand. I love the thing.
my astro comp Buzz_Aldrin_Apollo_Spacesuit-horz 2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man... I rarely get jealous for not having a figure someone else has, but colour me jealous on this one :)

Congrats Skullboy! It's good that you can see what you're paying for. These are expensive, but the detail and quality coming through in pics and videos is high.

Oh man... I rarely get jealous for not having a figure someone else has, but colour me jealous on this one :)

Congrats Skullboy! It's good that you can see what you're paying for. These are expensive, but the detail and quality coming through in pics and videos is high.

Thanks my friend, its a lovely piece, and I actually like it over even the Hot Toys I have, as has so much more presence.

Can't believe nobody has these available to ship. I preordered Armstrong through Toy Origin but they can't tell me anything about when they'll receive it.

Is there a reason the gloves and boots are not even close in color to the photograph? The other red and blues in the photo seem true, so it definitely appears to be a mismatch.

This is an easy repaint once I get mine.

I have it in hand and you have to trust me, that my cheap phone really is not picking up how this looks in hand. I love the thing.
View attachment 485178

Yeah I noticed that too, but in other reviews I've seen the gray seems to be lighter. And of course the color in the NASA photo is probably a bit washed out as well.

Can't believe nobody has these available to ship. I preordered Armstrong through Toy Origin but they can't tell me anything about when they'll receive it.

I ordered with Monkeydepot and they originally expected them the end of April, and then mid-May... but the date seems to be continually pushed back due to the pandemic so who knows.

Is there a reason the gloves and boots are not even close in color to the photograph? The other red and blues in the photo seem true, so it definitely appears to be a mismatch.

This is an easy repaint once I get mine.

Its a lighter colour in hand. This is it not under leds

Well it's a nitpick but in an otherwise outstanding figure it's reasonable to quibble over details... those gloves should be lighter grey and matte.

DiD FAIL :lecture :lol

Back