1/6 Desert Sands Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got to pick one of these up brand new for only $125. Its been sitting at my local comic shop for a minute and I recently looked it up to find how much they go for online now and knew I should snap it up quick. Gotta say I'm really glad I did. He's looking awesome next to my Boba Fett.

Bastard! :pfft: j/k

Congrats! :hi5:

after what feels like almost a year to find one (at a non ridiculous asking price), my patience has paid off....finally found one at the dallas comic con i attended last month. now my dewback is not alone and complete.

I've got a sandy on my dewy, but I feel like I need another sandy to accompany them. I don't own any marmit figures, but would that be the way to go, or would I need another SS trooper to look just right?

I keep all my Sideshow with the dewback because it just feels like the right thing to do. Mixing the Marmit and SS makes the differences obvious.

My opinion is if you has the Desert Sands Sandtrooper....get the Sargent to accompany him, they look great together.

I love the Marmit so much more, particularly because I customize them to make them my own, but mostly because they are the most film accurate and they look...BEAUTIFUL, after some custom work.

I keep all my Sideshow with the dewback because it just feels like the right thing to do. Mixing the Marmit and SS makes the differences obvious.

My opinion is if you has the Desert Sands Sandtrooper....get the Sargent to accompany him, they look great together.

I love the Marmit so much more, particularly because I customize them to make them my own, but mostly because they are the most film accurate and they look...BEAUTIFUL, after some custom work.

:exactly::goodpost: I would advise against mixing marmit and ssc sandtroopers they are both great but like bones said when they stand next to each other you really notice the differences. Just go with the sargent.

after what feels like almost a year to find one (at a non ridiculous asking price), my patience has paid off....finally found one at the dallas comic con i attended last month. now my dewback is not alone and complete.

Congrats dude, I'm happy for you. I remember ranting about this and you quoted me while having the same problem. I'm glad you were finally able to find one...and hopefully at a decent price. I managed to find a deluxe SS Sandy a few weeks ago, via eBay for a little over $200 all together. He's still sitting brand spanking new in his box, because my Dewback won't get here 'til the first week of July.

This will be my only figure I'll ever collect, unless SS comes out with another killer 1:6 scale related product. Don't really feel the need for an entire squad, unless I wanted to display it the way SS did at Comic Con...but I don't intend to do that.

Congrats dude, I'm happy for you. I remember ranting about this and you quoted me while having the same problem. I'm glad you were finally able to find one...and hopefully at a decent price. I managed to find a deluxe SS Sandy a few weeks ago, via eBay for a little over $200 all together. He's still sitting brand spanking new in his box, because my Dewback won't get here 'til the first week of July.

This will be my only figure I'll ever collect, unless SS comes out with another killer 1:6 scale related product. Don't really feel the need for an entire squad, unless I wanted to display it the way SS did at Comic Con...but I don't intend to do that.

Thanks bro. Im glad you found one yourself. Yeah i paid about 180 for mine. Not a great price but decent. At least we didnt have to succumb to those ridiculous 300 plus asking price those ebayers are trying to ask.

Considering retail on this was about $135 (excluding shipping or taxes) back in 2011, that's a very decent price.

Alright, thanks dudes. Good advise all around.

:hi5: Also, not to discount the corporal....he's impressive too. He's one of my favorites and is also lighter in color, like the sergeant. He has a much more interesting back pack, as does the sergeant.

Hi all,

Quick question,how much 1/6 sandtroopers sideshow has released?
Is it 4?
Sandtrooper Corporal - Black
Sandtrooper Dewback Dettachment - Grey
Sandtrooper Sergeant - White
Sandtrooper Squad Leader - Orange

Trying to complete my sandtrooper collection and little bit confused

Hi all,

Quick question,how much 1/6 sandtroopers sideshow has released?
Is it 4?
Sandtrooper Corporal - Black
Sandtrooper Dewback Dettachment - Grey
Sandtrooper Sergeant - White
Sandtrooper Squad Leader - Orange

Trying to complete my sandtrooper collection and little bit confused

Almost correct..

corporal black
sergeant white
squad leader orange

The last one is a deluxe sandtrooper with a grey pauldron he comes with a bunch of different gear and guns and is meant to be a filler since some missed out on the others. Those are the only sandtroopers they have released so far.

This very thread is about the Desert Sands deluxe edition. :) The deluxe comes with 2 different pauldrons. There's no grey in the movies of course (it's a hasbro thing) so he's a sergeant (white) if you want movie-specific. The deluxe also has better weathering application. Lots of pics at the start of the thread

Last edited:
Here some pics of the dessert sands..
5cbe9d7c-7668-4268-9dce-008ac73952f3_zpsddb35d5e.jpg

ae33ab9a-cc63-4f31-9913-072c935375dd_zps6b7b6eca.jpg

Ah thanks for the info :)

So i've already got the squad leader,corporal, and the one from the dewback,then it's already completed right?

These guys is really hard to get,so i kinda curious whether i've already got them all

So i've already got the squad leader,corporal, and the one from the dewback,then it's already completed right?

:) No, there are 4 total figure releases. If you only want to count the collection by official pauldron colours, then yes, you have one of each color. But Sideshow released 4 different packages with 4 different names, so if you want to collect based on product release, you're missing one. The backpacks and accessories for each are different, as well as the weathering paint application.

I'm not sure if "the Dewback one" you're referring to is the "Desert Sands Detachment" deluxe version, but if it is, then you're missing the Sergeant.

Thanks a lot pixelpiper!

Yes i mean the deluxe sandtrooper dessert sand dettachment,then yes again,it seems i miss the sergeant one. The sergeant is really hard to get, dont know if its worth it with the crazy price (in ebay)

The secret is patience. Seriously. Every now and then you can get any of the troopers on eBay for a really decent price. In the meantime, keep an eye out here in the for sale forum because other forum members will usually have the better prices on offer.

I've bought from both eBay and here in the forum with great transactions each time. I sort of promised myself I would take a break over the summer, otherwise I'd be on the hunt for a few more items right now. ;)

The secret is patience. Seriously. Every now and then you can get any of the troopers on eBay for a really decent price. In the meantime, keep an eye out here in the for sale forum because other forum members will usually have the better prices on offer.

I've bought from both eBay and here in the forum with great transactions each time. I sort of promised myself I would take a break over the summer, otherwise I'd be on the hunt for a few more items right now. ;)

haha couldn't agree more. I got my squad leader just now for only about 190USD (in my country, indonesia) from a fellow collector. little bit high but not as high as the prices in ebay of course

thanks again for all the advice :)

Back