1/6 Asmus Toys - The Mask - Mask 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 The Mask - STANTON & MASON x ASMUS TOYS

The original asmus One wasn't great.... I have custom 1 on order and this. Interesting on the description on asmus site it has 3 * that are blank so that could be extra's to follow.

I have the High end custom 1 on order and I just ordered this as it's value for money.

Lack of accessories, should come with money bag and dollar bills. Really hard to justify $175 for unlicensed figure this day especially if its not that impressive

I have both cultking and this on order, really dig the closed mouth sculpt but open one needs work.

Something I noticed on asmus site is there are 3 empty *

Which means these could be extra's that haven't been made yet..... best place to pre order is asmus site $20 deposit and $175 with free shipping worldwide.
View attachment 290307

Lack of accessories, should come with money bag and dollar bills. Really hard to justify $175 for unlicensed figure this day especially if its not that impressive

Last edited:

You don't say? A custom is actually better quality than a mass produced figure?

I own a number of customs, so certainly a short run done by an individual or small team can mean excellent quality and greater attention to detail. However there are several companies, including Asmus, that produce nicely detailed, and very well tailored outfits. Aragorn is one such example. In this case the selection of materials and tailoring and selection just seems sloppy. The material used on the suit and shirt are too thick, the head sculpt is too small and the paint looks so-so. However this could also be an early prototype for photos and solicitation and the finished piece could end up correcting some or all of those issues. In which case it could end up looking just as good as or better than the custom. But again I'll wait to see how it turns out.

Asmus Website 174.95 - $20 deposit final payment $154.95 with free worldwide shipping.....just found a few new photo's.

https://adartwork.tw-blog.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=116

s-l1600.jpg
m.jpg
o.jpg

Last edited:

Are there any more pictures of the other headsculpt? I think that one looks much better.

Ordered mine with kghobby as its $130 (£100). Plus, iirc you wont get stung on customs (fingers crossed).

I have the original mask and that is not as great as this ones shaping up to be. I bought mine off someone who had the head repainted. Ill be keeping that so i have the extras.

P1010981.jpg
P1020385.jpg
IMG_2033.jpg
20150801_220335.jpg
P1030022.jpg
20150801_220732.jpg

Nice one man was that with shipping too the Uk aswell? Crazy that it's cheaper than buying from their site :eek:

I recognised that Mask figured from somewhere.....use to be mine I sold that to you ;)
It was repainted by Jason Hunt.

Ordered mine with kghobby as its $130 (£100). Plus, iirc you wont get stung on customs (fingers crossed).

I have the original mask and that is not as great as this ones shaping up to be. I bought mine off someone who had the head repainted. Ill be keeping that so i have the extras.

View attachment 290341
View attachment 290342
View attachment 290343

Nice one man was that with shipping too the Uk aswell? :eek:

I recognised that Mask figured from somewhere.....use to be mine I sold that to you ;)
It was repainted by Jason Hunt.

That price is before shipping. When i went through checkout there were 2 shipping options both of which stated £0.00. So its either free shipping or shipping gets added once in stock.

Glad you recognise him. I havent seen any that have been repainted, so its a unique one.

I have him in storage at the moment as i rotate my display. I think i will have to get him out again.

I just checked kghobbys faqs and there is a cost on shipping, however if you ask them, they will mark a low price, as a gift and use a personal name rather than the company name. So at least customs tax can be avoided which probably makes it the same price as asmus but at least you know you wont have customs to add to it (i dont know if asmus would mark as gift)

Mask.jpg

I have the old version too, minus Milo and his mask.

I just pre-ordered. Hopefully I'll have it delivered before 2017.

i decided to get a little creative with my original mask, after all, he can be anything he wants. I will be keeping this guy as well as picking up the new one

20160905_223954.jpg
20160905_230953.jpg
20160905_231151.jpg
20160905_232221.jpg
20160905_233410.jpg
20160905_235315.jpg
20160906_000609.jpg
20160905_235019.jpg

Kind of flawed logic. Some of the most popular collectibles seem to be from movies 20-30 years or older. This and Ace are Carrey's break out roles. A must have if you're a fan.

I agree its true some popular collectibles are from movies even more than 20 - 30 years ago like jaws, back to the future, superman and ghostbusters. But the thing is they were great movies. Whilst many people love the film i feel when im watching the mask now that the movie hasn't really stood the test of time well. I watch it now and think what was i laughing at back in 1994. It seems so lame to me now. I think its down to the way i view jim carrey and his booffonery now with hindsight more then anything else though.

Last edited:
I've never bought an Asmus figure before and really like the look of this one. How much of a difference does Asmus final production figures normally compare to their prototypes.

Back