1/6 Asmus Toys - The Mask - Mask 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 The Mask - STANTON & MASON x ASMUS TOYS

Needs Weapons

It isn't as clean as this 1/6 figure but Asmus's version is very reasonable priced. The only remark is that open mouth portrait could use a better paint job. (+ the inclusion of money bags, a hammer & alarm clock would have been nice.)
I really hope the tailoring of this figure is as good as the version in the pictures.

cultking_dx_limited_funny_guy_jim_carrey_as_the_mask_stanley_ipkiss_13.jpg

There is a marked difference between the Asmus figure and the custom (Iminime?). The tailoring on the custom looks much better. The materials is thinner which looks to be in better scale. The suit is better cut and constructed, the shirts is nicer, and the head sculpt looks better detailed and possibly more accurate in scale. Of course there is the price difference. I had pondered getting the Iminime but there were just too many other things going on. I'll wait for in-hand pics, but not sure I'd get this.

It isn't as clean as this 1/6 figure but Asmus's version is very reasonable priced. The only remark is that open mouth portrait could use a better paint job. (+ the inclusion of money bags, a hammer & alarm clock would have been nice.)
I really hope the tailoring of this figure is as good as the version in the pictures.

View attachment 289559

Doesn't the Asmus Mask usually sell for about $400? That's not a reasonable price to me.

great collectible but its 22 years too late...

great collectible but its 22 years too late...

Kind of flawed logic. Some of the most popular collectibles seem to be from movies 20-30 years or older. This and Ace are Carrey's break out roles. A must have if you're a fan.

The wrist joints are a different color. Hope they atleast get matching color joints for the wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't look terrible, and the price is definitely right, but might have to pass. If it had accessories like the first version, I'd probably have preordered already.

the first asmus mask had a small head.
but i like the sitting milo on the first version better than this one.lolz

There is a marked difference between the Asmus figure and the custom (Iminime?). The tailoring on the custom looks much better. The materials is thinner which looks to be in better scale. The suit is better cut and constructed, the shirts is nicer, and the head sculpt looks better detailed and possibly more accurate in scale. Of course there is the price difference. I had pondered getting the Iminime but there were just too many other things going on. I'll wait for in-hand pics, but not sure I'd get this.

You don't say? A custom is actually better quality than a mass produced figure?

Why does everyone make the yellow gangster suit? I think Asmus or someone should make a clothes accessory set with the French outfit, first night outfit & round it off with Cuban Pete.
As for accessories, could be almost limitless with The Mask. ( Thinking the scene when the cops frisk him )

Last edited:

Does this body come with e double jointed elbow? I don't own any Asmus products yet so I have no clue what body they use.

first version was like true type clone.
the heads are better on this one compared to the first release.
and the price is almost $50 higher compared to the first one.lolz

Never got the first one, since I wasn't collecting when that one came out, and I always wanted it. This one looks a little rough around the edges, but it's good enough for me for the Mask. It'll look good between Ace and the Riddler. Then, until they do a Truman Show figure, my Jim Carrey shelf is complete.

...Now someone needs to make Drew Carey.

Back