1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those really do not look "that great" at all...
hopefully they have a better showing closer to actual release. until and if that happens, no thanks ill keep my money in the bank.

FWIW, the paint is right on par with their alloy batman figure (which wasn't that great in the paint department). so i really don't think its going to improve much beyond what we have here. the mushy sculpts are the only area i hope change.

Last edited:
Just got confirmation my favourite seller in US will be getting these :yess:

I think I can only justify buying one though, question is, which one :gah:

I believe that PI has a license to sell these in the United States as well. On their website, they say that these will be sold worldwide EXCEPT in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan (I assume because of Hot Toys' licensing deal).

The first release is supposed to be in August of this year. I don't know if that means preorder or actual in hand product, but in their press release, they state that TWELVE figures (6 1/4 and 6 1/6) are "slated for release in 2013.

FB3EC2C8-896C-4044-97E1-686034E356D9-146-000000069DDF6A5F.jpg

Really loving the proportions. Correct proportions and still has 50 points of articulation. Wish Hot Toys would do the same. :slap

525445_567435729957132_308980487_n.jpg

Looking at the arc reactor of the Mark 42, anyone notice the lack of details within the arc reactor?

From some photos, the detailing is pretty flat and I am going to see this in person tomorrow.
I hope PI continue to improve, it will be great for Singapore to compete with Hong Kong's Hot Toys in the collectable industry!!

As stated before, it's a prototype, much like how Hot Toys works. They display prototypes and end up improving upon down the road.

.... these appears to be just painted, 3D printed models.
Exactly what I was thinking, which likely explains why the proportions are so spot on. We'll see how they look once Play Imaginative starts cutting them up to add torso/waist articulation, and if their level of details improves beyond the 1:4 scale NECA-esque detailing these appear to have. Paint looks nice, though.

If anyone on this forum is visiting this event, and won't mind pre-ordering one for a fellow member, please let me know. I will provide the funds up front of course. :)

As stated before, it's a prototype, much like how Hot Toys works. They display prototypes and end up improving upon down the road.

Oh I see and good to hear that. I was not a fan of their Batman figure but Ironman is on a whole new level.

I hope Play Imaginative will venture into 1/6 collectables to compete with Hot Toys directly next time though it is just a distant dream haha.

Really proud of Play Imaginative and hope they can be Singapore's next big thing!!! :yess:

Yeah it is from PI. I would be curious on retail pricing as well.
It would be nice if we would be looking at almost or close to same pricing, and prices not inflate due to shipping cost replenishment for retailers. :/

If anyone on this forum is visiting this event, and won't mind pre-ordering one for a fellow member, please let me know. I will provide the funds up front of course. :)

Be extra careful, as the PO will take quite a while and most likely over the 45 paypal timeframe.

That said, I'm pretty sure SS or other US retailers would get this as well later on.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping it's a trustworty member with a good rep on here. I believe the pre-orders have to be picked up and you're given a voucher of some sort for your reservation? Can anybody confirm this is the case?

So far, I'm impressed. Too bad about the sky high price which will deter me from buying any. The true test of this companies skills will be the head sculpts? Curious to see if they make a RDJ.

In the stats it says "Tests performed" for oxidation and paint chipping, but it doesn't say the results :panic: :lol

1/4 is too big for me, is there something with licensing that they can't do 1/6 because of HT? I'm digging the look of these and if they go back and re-visit some of the older Marks I might be interested, especially in 1/6

I think Hot Toys needs to start looking into more options on batteries and power for their 1/6 figures. Perhaps a stand that you can connect the figures to and all lights turn on. (Chest, hands, eyes.) This taking batteries off and on and switching three different locations on each statue everytime you want to display the figure with its lights on drives me nuts!!

Back