1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Hot Toys needs to start looking into more options on batteries and power for their 1/6 figures. Perhaps a stand that you can connect the figures to and all lights turn on. (Chest, hands, eyes.) This taking batteries off and on and switching three different locations on each statue everytime you want to display the figure with its lights on drives me nuts!!

for the price we pay it should come with a signed picture of RDJ :lol:lol

Exactly what I was thinking, which likely explains why the proportions are so spot on. We'll see how they look once Play Imaginative starts cutting them up to add torso/waist articulation, and if their level of details improves beyond the 1:4 scale NECA-esque detailing these appear to have. Paint looks nice, though.

3D printing and design, technically with a good enough printer you can print functioning parts in one go. For casting a retail figure as with HT you'll need to design many runners with lots of parts so for injection molds, cut out all the parts individually before assembly, Similar to Bandai created Gundam models on runners.

Just the outer shell of essentially a statue requires far less work to design and print.

You're in the UK, I assume that the AVAILABLE IN SINGAPORE ONLY, doesn't apply to retailers?

Do you mind me asking how much the 1/6 figures are ?

He didn't say anything about the 1/6 figures, just 1/4
He said he will be listing them as soon as they have clearance to do so, did not mention price either.

907498_10151577202753254_1778181738_n.jpg

PI imaginative tony stark headsculpt

I think that HS does look like RDJ a lot. HOWEVER, I think its quality is not very good. Compared to the recent HT head sculpts, not even close.

And being new to this doesn't matter. These figures are $400+ for 1/6 and $600+ for 1/4.

oooh ok, I really gotta go down there & take a look at this before I decide whether to order any of them.

Even with them being prototypes with lack of details, you make them look 2x better, particularly the Deep Space suit.

I think that HS does look like RDJ a lot. HOWEVER, I think its quality is not very good. Compared to the recent HT head sculpts, not even close.

And being new to this doesn't matter. These figures are $400+ for 1/6 and $600+ for 1/4.

Yeah but its obvious thats not the finished article, to lumpy.
Good likeness though if they can improve on the texture/roughness, I think it will look good.

Anyone else wonder if the Gemini might go yellow over time, my washing machine has.

Back