1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that PI has a license to sell these in the United States as well. On their website, they say that these will be sold worldwide EXCEPT in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan (I assume because of Hot Toys' licensing deal).

The first release is supposed to be in August of this year. I don't know if that means preorder or actual in hand product, but in their press release, they state that TWELVE figures (6 1/4 and 6 1/6) are "slated for release in 2013.

It is going to be a worldwide release, they stated it themselves in their announcement for their IM3 line.

I plan on selling some HTs to pay for one of these baby's otherwise I cannot get one, these are epic and are the pinnacle of collectibles.

Can you imagine how nice this would look sitting in a Detolf :thud:

Just hope they mark lower value for shipping otherwise customs would be crippling :D

I plan on selling some HTs to pay for one of these baby's otherwise I cannot get one, these are epic and are the pinnacle of collectibles.

Can you imagine how nice this would look sitting in a Detolf :thud:

Just hope they mark lower value for shipping otherwise customs would be crippling :D

There will be retailers in the states selling this. They said they plan on selling this Worldwide excluding a couple of oversea areas.

I've contacted Play Imaginative and placed myself on their mailing list over a week ago. They're only available for Pre-order at Singapore at the moment. I was advised that their still debating on shipping costs, etc., to other countries.
I do plan do purchase each one of these once their available for pre-order to the US. I've noticed the Ironman Mark 42 Life Size figure is also up for pre-order on Sideshow, but the pricing is a bit steep. :(

Last edited:
Hats off to whoever buys the 1/1 scale. I don't see the general appeal of displaying a $9000 statue but to each their own!

I thought the statue would've been around $5,000 to $6,000, but definitely not $9,000!! $1,700 a month and only 4 months to pay off? I make a decent earning, but that is just crazy! LOL
The 1/4 scales I will purchase though. ;) They look very promising, but need to improve on detail just a tad.

All their figures seem to be lacking a bit of detail.

Take the Heartbreaker for example. The Mark 42 also has that grey area on the collar. They all look properly proportioned though.

All the figures look a bit soft on the details. Regardless, I won't be getting any of these - I can barely afford the HT ones let alone whatever insane prices these will cost, and that's assuming they'll even be available in North American markets (or has that been confirmed yet?).

Starting to think im the only one here, to me these are some what of a disappointment, theres a lack of detail on all of them and just look at this picture for an example; My doubts of diecast and super alloy are strong-

560161_10151619028602323_1849888179_n.jpg

536991_10151619026262323_972863920_n.jpg

I mean for 650ish, im disappointed! As much as I love the designs of the new suites, come on, gimme HT plastic MMS with the fine detail, sharp edges and nice paint apps' please please PLEASE!!! As im typing this im staring at my WarMachine Milk version just thinking that none of these have the detail this has' but then again maybe its just me and furiousness that they cost so much :gah: anybody else on board with these??

Hats off to whoever buys the 1/1 scale. I don't see the general appeal of displaying a $9000 statue but to each their own!

If it had 36 points of articulation would you consider it? I think i might well at 5k would be my tops, but just a statue in a upright pose, passssss

It's a prototype. It's rather impressive as it is that they got 7 suits painted and up for display so fast. The mark 42 alone isn't due until August so they have a lot of time for improvements.

I am holding my reservations until I see how these "points of articulation" actually articulates. There can be joints everywhere but it does not mean it will pose properly. Right now, all of them are standing straight, and the way the joints are on these protos seems to be very stiff movements. Maybe they have not chopped them up properly yet. Will have to see how they move in the end. I doubt they will do a RDJ head sculpt for their line....

Still, I found it fun to see how HT reacts to these. For the longest time, they keep having knee jerk reactions to whatever EB is doing, and now we have another company on their tail. How far would HT go to push others away? That is what I wanna see. All in all, good thing we see some competition in the market!

It's a prototype. It's rather impressive as it is that they got 7 suits painted and up for display so fast. The mark 42 alone isn't due until August so they have a lot of time for improvements.

Not regarding painting.... but it's rather easy to push out prototypes with 3D printing, and rather cheaply with extrusion based 3D printing.

Win Overload!!!!

These look outstanding but like most I will probably only to be able to afford one if any at all. In the other thread it was stated that these will probably go for approximately $610 US per figure plus shipping fees. If these turn out to be rather limited, I could see the price go even higher.

I emailed BBTS a few weeks back to inquire if they plan to sell these and they replied that they do plan to sell them and they are just waiting for SKU numbers from the manufacturer before they list them on their site.

They look great, I do not collect 1/4 but I would not mind having one or two of these on display.

I am holding my reservations until I see how these "points of articulation" actually articulates. There can be joints everywhere but it does not mean it will pose properly. Right now, all of them are standing straight, and the way the joints are on these protos seems to be very stiff movements. Maybe they have not chopped them up properly yet. Will have to see how they move in the end. I doubt they will do a RDJ head sculpt for their line....

Still, I found it fun to see how HT reacts to these. For the longest time, they keep having knee jerk reactions to whatever EB is doing, and now we have another company on their tail. How far would HT go to push others away? That is what I wanna see. All in all, good thing we see some competition in the market!

I am hoping this Play Imaginative company has teeth to really compete with their IM line. Any good competition to HT's is even better for us as consumers/collectors.

They look great, I do not collect 1/4 but I would not mind having one or two of these on display.

These would be Epic if they turn out to be a good/great product in hand. I am a skeptical optimist about this.

I would want at least the 1/4 Heartbreaker. I sure hope these are not a let down when they actually get to market. Do it right PI, or don't do it.
If they end up not being good, it will just make HT's head even bigger.

There will be retailers in the states selling this. They said they plan on selling this Worldwide excluding a couple of oversea areas.

Great news for you guys, do you pay customs too? I thought it was just us in UK at 20% :slap

Great news for you guys, do you pay customs too? I thought it was just us in UK at 20% :slap
Nope :monkey1 Never had to pay customs once when importing or buying something from oversea. It's 20% based on what number? The value of the package?

Nope :monkey1 Never had to pay customs once when importing or buying something from oversea. It's 20% based on what number? The value of the package?

Yeah value of package.
Usually I just get them to mark it down, if I buy from sellers that will that is, not to low though as they seem to stop suspiciously low ones :nono

Back