1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So no articulation on these? They all look a bit stiff, and like others say, lack detail, which is a no-no when you're talking high end geek collectibles of this sort IMO.

It says 1/4 figures so hopefully their articulated, guess their just going for the hall of armours pose

these are incredible, what I would do for just IP, I don't believe these are even being released in North America are they?

So no articulation on these? They all look a bit stiff, and like others say, lack detail, which is a no-no when you're talking high end geek collectibles of this sort IMO.

You can see the joints on the arms especially on IP. I'm all for 1/4 scale but this may be too much price wise, I'll probably only get one.

They are articulated:

o3Oi2Kq.jpg

So, most of it is diecast, 1/4 scale, articulated and lots of changeable parts. I'd probably take one of these over a SS Maquette, honestly.

here's the spec of mark 42 figure taken from their website:

Showroom metallic paints & polished metal with protective coating.
Figurine with more than 50 points of articulation.
Articulated flaps and weapons systems on suit.
Spring-loaded shoulder pad articulation
Die-cast metal torso, underwear, legs and arms.
Five (5) interchangeable heads, each with authentic, detailed & movie accurate facial features in fully realised likeness.
Five (5) pairs of interchangeable hands.
Interchangeable chest, shoulders, biceps & thighs (battle damaged).
LED lights in eyes, chest, palms, & soles of feet (batteries included).
Die-cast remote control to control LED lights in suit.
Semi die-cast base stand.
Foldable backdrop.
Packaging graphic specially designed by Adi Granov.
Tests performed - Oxidation, paint chipping, paint fading, electronic and battery tests.

Glad to hear they seem to be taking the potential for wear and damage seriously :lol Hot Toys have never made such pronouncements that I recall. Cool that they articulate. Gonna price a lot of collectors out though.

Play Imaginative is really doing Hot Toys a HUGE favor.

They are showing all these armors and almost all are loved by most. Making them very desireable.

Then when anyone outside Singapore realized they can't be had without selling an organ, we'll get thet Hot Toys versions when released. ( of course some would have gotten HT version anyway )

Play Imaginative is really doing Hot Toys a HUGE favor.

They are showing all these armors and almost all are loved by most. Making them very desireable.

Then when anyone outside Singapore realized they can't be had without selling an organ, we'll get thet Hot Toys versions when released. ( of course some would have gotten HT version anyway )

Yea i mean these would be awesome , but they are like what 600 or so a pop? Just too rich for my blood . Maybe if one is really fantastic ill pick it up but i would rather have a bunch of suits at 1/6 for that money i think.

I just love how these are still called "Action Figures" while even surpassing the statue pricing.

Gawddamn the wallet

Supposedly Hot Toys was doing 1/4 scale Iron Man figures, right? If so, they better get a move on or they're gonna miss out on all the hype.
Was the same for the Diecast. Play Ima announced their Mark VII diecast and then a week or two later Hot Toys announced that they'll be releasing Diecast figures. Hot Toys doesn't really have to worry about the hype dying down, people here in the states are pretty much forced to wait for Hot Toys to release their version unless if we want to pay $600+ to import one of these over into the states. It's good that these are being shown, Hot Toys will see that people want these suits and will be more encouraged to do it to beat their competition.

These look outstanding but like most I will probably only to be able to afford one if any at all. In the other thread it was stated that these will probably go for approximately $610 US per figure plus shipping fees. If these turn out to be rather limited, I could see the price go even higher.

I emailed BBTS a few weeks back to inquire if they plan to sell these and they replied that they do plan to sell them and they are just waiting for SKU numbers from the manufacturer before they list them on their site.

I'd imagine these aren't the finished versions and thus still have detailing needed. They are posable.

+ 90% die-cast, interchanchable parts, remote control lighting, articulated, 1/4 and they've tested for paint chipping and other concerns. For all that the price is in-line with other companies

Back