1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't you just buy this figure here from rkalte1 for $495 shipped? and now you're selling it for $595 shipped on ebay?

The original Iron Man

T-42%2002.jpg

T-42%2001.jpg

Still a figure I stare at everyday and still love how great it looks,one of HT best imo
24a59f678d65123cd6c45f31a03a0854.jpg
37b0d0a7010597aad4011e05955777ac.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Plunged into getting this figure on a great deal. I'm not too fond of I.M. 3, but I like the design of this armor and this figure looks to be one of the best representations of it.

Plunged into getting this figure on a great deal. I'm not too fond of I.M. 3, but I like the design of this armor and this figure looks to be one of the best representations of it.
Congrats! I'm not fond often movie myself,but this is the best HT 1/4 IM that HT will ever make imo

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

G'AAAHHH just got mine:

asEKn77.jpg

UJIia1G.jpg

VZEAR4b.jpg

Amazing detail throughout. Man, that helmeted T.S. head sculpt is freakishly good.

Thanks to the one who posted the solution - paint blotches on the chest armor removed to my satisfaction.
I wanted to remove the symmetry and to make one side as close to prototype as possible. I was able to retain the scratch marks in those areas by being very subtle.
I'm repeating what everyone who did this before (disclaimer: do it at your own risk, but I believe if you try on a battle damage armor plate first, you'll get a hang of it)
- I used Isopropyl Alcohol 99% (pic below).
- [Extremely Important] tried it on a battle damaged armor plate which I knew I would never display - to know how much force I can/should apply to remove only the top blotch layer.
- using a soft cloth, very subtly rubbed the area with blotches. Just be extremely careful not to let the alcohol touch any other area. I did it with a cloth wrapped around my finger.
- Cleaned the area with water/soft clothe every time I rubbed with alcohol. Remember if you let the alcohol be on the paint for a long time, it will remove the paint - so don't do it.
- did it one side at a time - for each armor plate (removable and the one attached to the figure)
001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't know the deluxe base lit up until recently, lol.

Had a bit of a hard time getting the Soap AAA cable to work (it's 2 barrels and the base is 3, but it does work). Ended up having to use a paperclip to get it to connect by wedging the clip between the button-top of the red cable and the base connection side, then trim it.

Not sure why they even put that there without a way to run a provided power source to wall. You have to dismantle the base just to get to the battery compartment and power switch. The switch should have at least been somewhere on the base where you can get to it any time. Other than for a photo shoot, it's useless without a Soap.

IMG_1473.jpg

I have all three of the QS Iron Men, and love them all. Still struggling to justify $500+
to get enough Soap Reactors to power them though.

Really wish someone in the US would get to making something similar.

QS_Iron%20Man_Display.jpg

Hmm, yeah. Now that I think about it, I've got $540 in 3 of them (about $180 per on average). Have one set aside for my 1/6th Hulkbuster that's a month or two away. That's another 1/4 scale in bank =x

Back