1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI all I just got this figure today from local store having a big sale, it was the normal version but for 420 USD it was an amazing price .

I have 2 questions for you guys hope you can help .

1 ) Has any one tried to take the neck post off the MK 42 and put the head sculpt that came with the MK 43 on this figure ?

2) Has any one who has used Isopropyl alcohol to remove the burn marks on the chest plate had any issues later on with the paint fading coming off or basically any
other side effects ?

Thanks for the help.

HI all I just got this figure today from local store having a big sale, it was the normal version but for 420 USD it was an amazing price .

1 ) Has any one tried to take the neck post off the MK 42 and put the head sculpt that came with the MK 43 on this figure ?

2) Has any one who has used Isopropyl alcohol to remove the burn marks on the chest plate had any issues later on with the paint fading coming off or basically any
other side effects ?

Thanks for the help.

Nice price on him!

I swapped the head sculpts, the peg is the same between the 42 and 43.

I used the alcohol trick about two months ago, and have not noticed a change in the paint…
removing those splotches makes a world of difference. Just two things on that:

- Definitely use a Q-Tip to apply it

- Take your time going over the area so that it is only removing the dark surface paint

Just opened this for Xmas.... it is outstanding, definitely exceeded my expectations. Going to have to get a custom display though, a detolf isn't going to cut it if I want a dynamic pose. I am still waiting on the Hulkbuster to arrive, i can't believe it is bigger then this...

other side effects ?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for your reply and advice I really apreciate it , I will give it a try in a week or so when i have the tome to go slow busy working on the display cabinet where all my figures have been displayed.

Just opened this for Xmas.... it is outstanding, definitely exceeded my expectations. Going to have to get a custom display though, a detolf isn't going to cut it if I want a dynamic pose. I am still waiting on the Hulkbuster to arrive, i can't believe it is bigger then this...

I felt the same way last week when I got mine, realy want to get the next quater scale that comes out . Was going to get the mk 43 but now i think it to similar , might get the mk 45 but then i think may be save the money for the next 1/4 as i cant afford to get them all. If you intrested click the link in my signature and check my collection there is a pic of the 1/4 MK 42 next to the Hulkbuster . Hulkbuster is just a bit taller but a lot wider .

I've been bitten by the 1/4 scale bug and I'm looking to pick this guy up. Do any of you current owners have any problems with this figure or quarter scale figures in general? Would love to hear from you guys/gals.

I've been bitten by the 1/4 scale bug and I'm looking to pick this guy up. Do any of you current owners have any problems with this figure or quarter scale figures in general? Would love to hear from you guys/gals.

I have all three of the QS Iron Man figures and love them all… had no issues here with any of the bunch,
and you cannot go wrong with whichever one you choose.

QS_Iron_Man_Display.jpg

Just picked up the MK42 a couple weeks ago. Beautiful figure. Doing a test run in the Detolf. Still gotta get them lights up.

F36CDB22-3811-4E78-8058-5E302D985A2B.jpeg

I wonder what 1/4 Iron Man figure(s) will be revealed at SDCC, if any. Seems like they are not following a particular order for release, so anything seems to be game. Personally I would love to see a 1/4 Mark 6, 46/47 and 1/4 War Machine Mark 1 or 3.

I wonder what 1/4 Iron Man figure(s) will be revealed at SDCC, if any. Seems like they are not following a particular order for release, so anything seems to be game. Personally I would love to see a 1/4 Mark 6, 46/47 and 1/4 War Machine Mark 1 or 3.

I’d bet a Mark 2 if any. Easy with the tooling done from the Mark 3.

There’s no telling what the next 1/4 release will be. A MKII does sound reasonable. How awesome would a MKI be though? The intricacies of that suit just lend itself to 1/4 scale.

Well, if the 1/4 Spider-Man tease is to be believed, there may not be a 1/4 Iron Man besides the Mark 3 shown this year.

Hot Toys has not been doing a ton with the 1/4 scale stuff... so I don't expect to see much more for now.

Its the favorite thing I own, and the 42/43 is one of if not the finest Iron Men Hot Toys has ever produced in terms of detail, proportion, and engineering

Ec7mtNx.jpg

Back