1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Sideshow to give me the $50 off $350 or more coupon on this. Very happy about this. After the coupon and gift cards I have a balance of $186. Win win.

So do you guys think there's a good chance the balaclava will stain the Bruce Wayne head? It would be cool to display him like it's his first night out with it on, but a headsculpt is the last thing I would want to stain.

So do you guys think there's a good chance the balaclava will stain the Bruce Wayne head? It would be cool to display him like it's his first night out with it on, but a headsculpt is the last thing I would want to stain.

Only one way to find out and probably not worth the risk. Personally to display him unmasked I'd just have him holding the balaclava.

I'll be displaying mine in the cowl most of the time. I'd like to use the unmasked head on my NECA Begins figure but not sure if that's possible. Does the head come off easily?

Only one way to find out and probably not worth the risk. Personally to display him unmasked I'd just have him holding the balaclava.

I'll be displaying mine in the cowl most of the time. I'd like to use the unmasked head on my NECA Begins figure but not sure if that's possible. Does the head come off easily?

Agreed. I'll wait for some brave soul to try it. I mean it'll still be great having him hold it; you can see the excellent head sculpt in full that way anyways.

I will also display mine with the cowl for the majority of the time. I mean it's freaking Batman! When I do have him unmasked I think I'll just leave the cape on too. The harness is like the jump pack with the QS001; it's a scene specific accessory that's really cool, but I'll only display him with it on once and then never use it again haha.

I haven't tried taking the head off the NECA, but I'm sure if you're careful and you use some heat you could do it fairly easily. I can pretty much guarantee the connection at the neck will be different compared to the Hot Toys though.

Agreed. I'll wait for some brave soul to try it. I mean it'll still be great having him hold it; you can see the excellent head sculpt in full that way anyways.

I will also display mine with the cowl for the majority of the time. I mean it's freaking Batman! When I do have him unmasked I think I'll just leave the cape on too. The harness is like the jump pack with the QS001; it's a scene specific accessory that's really cool, but I'll only display him with it on once and then never use it again haha.

I haven't tried taking the head off the NECA, but I'm sure if you're careful and you use some heat you could do it fairly easily. I can pretty much guarantee the connection at the neck will be different compared to the Hot Toys though.

That's a shame, I'd love to be able to use the sculpt on the NECA. No way I can afford two of these just to use the unmasked sculpt on one of them.

I'll be leaving a cape on him to but probably not the stock one. HT It doesn't appear in the proto pics that he can fully cloak himself with it and that for me was the iconic look from that movie.
1023594176.ashx

With some modding you could probably do it, though I feel like the unmasked head would look odd on the NECA considering it's from a figure of much higher quality.

I would love to do that classic cloaked look; was disappointed when the NECA couldn't do it. Maybe the Hot Toys cape could do it; otherwise I could get a custom one though I've never bought a custom cape before. Haven't even replaced the QS001 cape, though I got it to look pretty great honestly.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if the Enterbay Batman was able to cloak himself as seen in the picture right out of the box?

Was this the case with the ToyFair balaclava? I would assume they'd just use black fabric rather than dye a different colour to black. Or would that still have a chance of staining?

Hopeully they will make the cape better. Pre-ordered it, since QS001 is the best batman figure yet, hopefully this one will be as good.

Just preordered him! I am new to collecting and this is my first high-end figure, what a way to start it off:)
Nice! Going to get sucked in. Next thing you know you'll have 15+

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Nearly two months since this was updated? Sheesh.

My final flex is 4/15 so I'm anticipating within the week I'll get the pushback notice for that final payment.

Still within 3 months of it's estimated release estimate from Hot Toys so certainly not a delay but I do hope they improve the cape. Unlikely I know so once again a custom will be required.

From the prototype it doesn't appear he'll be able to cloak himself in that classic pose and a Batman Begins cape that can't do that isn't fit for purpose in my eyes.

19__20422.1501166900.450.600.jpg
batman_begins-119.jpg

My other slight concern is how stiff the arms look by his sides. Hopefully on the production piece he can get them much tighter to his sides.

Just got the email saying this is now Aug-Sep.

Lets see if we get the DC trifecta and JL Tactical Batman is delayed that long too lol

Just got the email saying this is now Aug-Sep.

Lets see if we get the DC trifecta and JL Tactical Batman is delayed that long too lol
So with all these delays what is supposed to take its place.Is infinity war black widow being released early? Or is that just a store promo early release.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not surprised by any of these delays. Seems HT are just bumping all the Marvel stuff up and putting anything DC on the back burner for a while. Probably be 2019 before we see many of the Justice League figures.

Back