1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bale headsculpt is awful but I wouldn’t display him with it anyway, I’m still getting this.
Still love my enterbay batman but I love how this looks too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly how I feel. Seeing these pics makes me glad I did finally pick up the EB figure but also can't wait to get this one for more dynamic poses.

If I can ever find a reasonably priced 1/4 scale body and suit to make a Bruce Wayne I think I'd use the Bale head that came with the QS001.

Bale sculpt is ugly.... how can that be after the very good one from the 1/4 dark knight..??!

Given the restrictions of the suit the articulation looks really impressive in that video.

Boy did they miss the mark on that head sculpt. The rest looks better than I thought. Hopefully we see Joker soon.

aside from the bad stand(something HT seems to be liking- crappy graphics plastered on a generic base) it looks great- i think the HS is just fine

That figure is just about ready for the bin now those guys have handled it. I was wincing throughout.

First thoughts:

Cape looks like poop. The cowl looks massive. None of the faces really look like Bale.
The suit is very shiny. It offers nothing we haven't really seen before.

The Wayne head reminds me of the bad guy in Marvel's The Punisher show, the guy who was also in Westworld I think. They seem destined never to nail certain likenesses.

Noticed this thread was getting some extra traction, and I excitedly clicked into it. Glad to see this one's finally releasing! For the most part it looks awesome. I do agree the unmasked Bruce head is looking a little off; TDKR head has a better likeness. Hopefully this means Joker is right around the corner?

I've never really understood the love for the Enterbay. It's definitely a solid looking figure but compared to this Hot Toys I wouldn't say it's better. At the very least they are equal based on look alone IMO. The Enterbay suit has always looked too worn and faded in color, and some of the mouth plates look off to me. The Hot Toys plate where it looks like he's talking looks spot on to him in BB.

Also Sideshow should be getting it in roughly 2 months from now right?

Anyone notice it looks like the gauntlets can expand near the hands? I’m guessing there’s a reason for why HT designed it that way but can’t figure it out.

Gotta love SSF. When the WB released, no one liked that Bale sculpt. Only thing ppl liked was the cowls/mouthplates (rightfully so). HT releases theirs and all of sudden the EB Bale sculpt is way better :lol :roftl

Watched the review; nice to get a quick overview. I'm conflicted on the base; on one hand having a diorama style base would match better with the QS001 and look cooler, but I also like being able to display the figure with his legs straight. Especially due to the nature of this suit compared to TDK suit, I wouldn't want to leave a leg bent up permanently. Perhaps we could have gotten a rooftop diorama piece. Oh well.

Noticed this thread was getting some extra traction, and I excitedly clicked into it. Glad to see this one's finally releasing! For the most part it looks awesome. I do agree the unmasked Bruce head is looking a little off; TDKR head has a better likeness. Hopefully this means Joker is right around the corner?

I've never really understood the love for the Enterbay. It's definitely a solid looking figure but compared to this Hot Toys I wouldn't say it's better. At the very least they are equal based on look alone IMO. The Enterbay suit has always looked too worn and faded in color, and some of the mouth plates look off to me. The Hot Toys plate where it looks like he's talking looks spot on to him in BB.

Also Sideshow should be getting it in roughly 2 months from now right?

JC Hong posted what looked like one of the Jokers hands last week with hashtags about production, factory etc so it can't be far away.

Two months is probably worst case scenario for this Batman, hopefully closer to 4-6 weeks for those who ordered through SS. I'm getting mine from KG Hobby.

Looking at the movie I do think the more matte appearance of the EB is more accurate. It's noticeable how the jet black cape contrasts to the less dark suit. HT have them beat on build quality and articulation though.

If you love Batman Begins and that suit I'd say it's well worth owning both.

Hopefully you're right; would be really nice to have Batman in hand before the summers over.

Yeah you really can't go wrong with either, both the HT and the EB are fine representations of the caped crusader. Get both and the NECA and you'll have a 1/4 BB party lol.

This one looks pretty awesome but I'm more interested in the Joker because it has never been done in 1/4 scale before. I mean by companies like Enterbay or Hot Toys.

Back