1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were me I'd SPARINGLY use a 5-minute epoxy, just a couple dots where the pieces are touching; superglue may leave a smoky/chalky residue in the general area of the parts.

If it were me I'd SPARINGLY use a 5-minute epoxy, just a couple dots where the pieces are touching; superglue may leave a smoky/chalky residue in the general area of the parts.

Thanks I'll look into that.

Also, I knew the joke were going to roll in so I also watched my wording when I was describing everything in the post :( :lol

Finally, my replacement arm came in the mail yesterday!! The original replacement part got lost in the mail somehow (or never got mailed out to begin with) so they sent out another one last week. The shoulder pad on the new arm looks & works great!

The moment of truth is now here - destroying the old part and sending them photos. It feels weird knowing I have to destroy the perfectly good arm simply because the shoulder pad is loose (very loose I might add). Personally, I think it would be nice to keep the old arm just to have spare parts. As I mentioned in previous posts, I totally understand their motive in asking to receive photos of the destroyed part, but I just have to ask - has anyone ever opted to keep the old part as a spare and subsequently paid SS the replacement charge? How much do they charge you for for the replacement part if you fail to send in photos of the destroyed old one?

Ultimately, I plan to destroy it and send them photos as requested - I'm not trying to profit off the old part or anything. But I wanted to at least ask you guys to hear your thoughts/ experiences before I take a hammer to this arm.

Thanks

I was asked to destroy C-3PO's head and arm after receiving my replacement parts, others were not...for whatever reason. It took a few days to hear back from SS after I sent the pics but they eventually acknowledged getting them.

Love this figure so much. Only wish he had a fellow Avenger to display next to him.

lidow_20164233823444-picsay.jpg

New here and just found this site. I came upon images of the 1/6th scale IM figure this weekend and having never collected figures before, I did some research. I wanted one to display so I ended up a 1/6th MKIX and Pepper set Monday, and figured that was it. Couldn't imagine getting more as am not a huge collector of these as mentioned and I can't afford to be :lol.

In the few days I waited for it to arrive I read reviews I somehow found this 1/4 MK XLIII page. Based on your images and your posts, I couldn't hold out. Found a local place with one of these in stock and was able to grab it for just under $500 to me which seemed like a great deal based on eBay prices.

Got both the 1/6 and 1/4 in last night and i'm super overwhelmed. Having never owned something like this before I'm so afraid i'm going to break something. Tonight I plan to take my time and read instructions and hopefully grab some photos. I'm a photographer so I can't wait to try photographing him.

You can imagine my surprise upon opening this after holding the 1/6th scale in my hand with nothing to compare it to. Wow he is big!

New here and just found this site. I came upon images of the 1/6th scale IM figure this weekend and having never collected figures before, I did some research. I wanted one to display so I ended up a 1/6th MKIX and Pepper set Monday, and figured that was it. Couldn't imagine getting more as am not a huge collector of these as mentioned and I can't afford to be :lol.

In the few days I waited for it to arrive I read reviews I somehow found this 1/4 MK XLIII page. Based on your images and your posts, I couldn't hold out. Found a local place with one of these in stock and was able to grab it for just under $500 to me which seemed like a great deal based on eBay prices.

Got both the 1/6 and 1/4 in last night and i'm super overwhelmed. Having never owned something like this before I'm so afraid i'm going to break something. Tonight I plan to take my time and read instructions and hopefully grab some photos. I'm a photographer so I can't wait to try photographing him.

You can imagine my surprise upon opening this after holding the 1/6th scale in my hand with nothing to compare it to. Wow he is big!

Welcome! I hope collecting brings good things into your life. This is a hell of a figure to start with! I would have avoided so many bad Iron Man purchases (and stressful resales) if I'd just gone with this the first time.

You can see the adjustable bolt, just below the lowered shelf(in the corner), it's a common method used by people here to lower detolf shelves :)

Is that bolt from IKEA or do you know if he sourced it somewhere else.

Welcome! I hope collecting brings good things into your life. This is a hell of a figure to start with! I would have avoided so many bad Iron Man purchases (and stressful resales) if I'd just gone with this the first time.

Thanks. To be honest, I spent an hour or so going through the 1/4 and the 1/6 figures and reading the instructions. I can't bring myself to really want to keep the 1/6th anymore. The 1/4 is that good! Think i'm going to post the 1/6th set for sale or trade for something else. :)

^simple yet awesome pose!
I collect both scale, but for iron man line, I think I'm also goint to stick with 1/4 scale.. I bet hot toys will release previous armors in the future in this scale

Back