1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture

Attachments

• 20160418_223107_resized.jpg
    20160418_223107_resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 497
Sorry if this as been asked or mentioned before, but is the post that goes into the base supposed to be a little loose or does it click in and stand sturdy upright? I feel like I may be missing a piece or something but mine has a lot of plat and can lean a good 10-15 degrees in any direction

Most of these almost look like it's actually RDJ wearing a practical suit, epic figure and great photography :clap

Thanks! One of the major reasons I love this figure is the fact it really does look like RDJ is inside the suit. Hot Toys knocked this one out of the park!

No doubt about it. Iron Man was made for Quarter Scale Hot Toys. I can't stop looking at him when I'm in my figure room. The sixth scales are great because you can fit a lot of them into a small space, but this one really is like a posable statue. Like Deacon Frost said to Blade.. It has "all the strengths and none of the weaknesses" of being a figure. Very little exposed skin (and what skin is exposed is probably Hot Toy's best head sculpt in the last couple of years), no real limb joints as such (like a more human model), yet the paint and the detail make it look more like a scale suit than a toy, unlike the sixth scales..

Not much more can be said about this figure. I obviously have not owned all of the hundreds of figures HT has released, but this has to be one of the greatest they've ever made. If I could only have one IM collectible, this would be it. And a XLII. And a VII.

2016-04-27%2012.15.14_zps7z6nq2ii.jpg

Not much more can be said about this figure. I obviously have not owned all of the hundreds of figures HT has released, but this has to be one of the greatest they've ever made. If I could only have one IM collectible, this would be it. And a XLII. And a VII.

2016-04-27%2012.15.14_zps7z6nq2ii.jpg

Great photo. Will never tire of seeing pics of this guy.

Mine arrived at lunch today!!! So all I had time to do was to run home, secure the package, and open it up for a brief inspection. The following will be pure repetition for this thread, but it here goes anyway...

I'm constantly amazed how different scale is in hand compared to my perception. Meaning, I've studied everyone's wonderful pics of this guy but was still blown away at the sheer size upon opening him up. That seems to happen with me a lot i.e. my LCS has the DeLorean on display.

This is my first dabble into anything bigger than 1/6 so all the extra detail achieved in this scale is fantastic, from the amount and realism of the weathering to that amazing face sculpt with all it's life like stubble.

Like many here, I too think that I have ruined myself when it comes to 1/6 IM's. Of course I don't have the collection size many of you have, which in this case feels like a relief as I can see myself selling what few MKs I have to fund a couple of the (hopefully if produced) upcoming older ones Mk VII, MKIII in this 1/4 scale.

In a word AMAZING!!! I paid $30 less for this as I did my Han & Chewy set that I bought late (and before the re-release reveal), and I feel it's twice the quality as both of them put together. Maybe it's just a new figure/scale high, but I don't think I'll be disappointed with anything on this once I get more time to mess around with him.

I hope to take some pics soon!!!

I ended up with with two of these and got an awesome deal on my second one from a great local dealer. I was going to keep one sealed but decided this week I'd rather\need to use those funds for upcoming releases, so I'm going to put it up in the Commerce section. If anyone is looking to add this awesome piece to their collection at a GREAT price PM me.

I didn't want to return it just because I changed my mind. It's brand new sealed and was doubled boxed and will be doubled boxed for shipping so the brown shipper is minty fresh.

Btw, it's still the most awesome piece in my collection, just though someone may still be looking for one at a better deal than aftermarket prices.

After some serious deliberation...I'm going to put in an order on Sideshow for this figure tomorrow. I have $100 in reward points and this is too good to pass up. Plus I just got the 1/4 Boba Fett and I forgot how amazing this scale is. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back