1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20160418_223107.jpg

Just bit the expensive bullet...

This thread was on the second page of the Action figure section. First time for everything. Does this mean we are tired of this wonderful figure. I knew it would happen someday. Seems like yesterday when Royce pulled the trigger and paid a premium to bring us some wonderful pics along with answering questions.

Thanks to Royce and all the other early adopters who received this figure way before us normal folks 👊👊👊👊👊

Thanks for the shout lotus! I don't think we are bored with him yet. I still love mine. Everyone might be tired of agreeing that it's a work of art.
No disagreements to keep people talking lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the shout lotus! I don't think we are bored with him yet. I still love mine. Everyone might be tired of agreeing that it's a work of art.
No disagreements to keep people talking lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, maybe that's the answer.

He is too good to talk about, like you said everyone agrees. So weird for a thread to turn out this way.

This is the best Hot Toys figure, it's the one 1/4 figure that blows its 1/6 counterpart out of the water. The other 1/4 figures are awesome but don't put their 1/6 versions to shame.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I think because nothing to talk about because everyone agree how awesome he is:lol
but also the market for 1/4 scale isn't as big 1/6 scale.

Moved mine on before opening it. Really didn't want to start collecting plastic.
I'm expecting a MK II Maquette today :D

Too bad you didn't get a chance to experience it. I collect Statues like you, and I'm all in on Comic, or Movie character, but when it comes to Iron man armors , I dont feel Statues are the way to go. This Hot Toys mark 43 opened my eyes as to quality and display possibilities.

If we are talking about another price level such as Iron Studios Mark 43, I do like that very dynamic pose. If you used this HT Mark 43 then you would definitely need to modify by shoving a metal rod up its leg to provide strength, so doing all of that may not be worth it and instead buy the 1000 Statue vs the 550 HT figure.

The XM 1/4 Iron man Mark VII, IA 1/4 mark 45 all look interesting and in another price point compared to sideshow, but once again I would rather buy the Hot Toys version when released.

As for Sideshow offerings on their maquette line has not been very stellar. My LCS has the Iron Patriot, Mark 42, and the new Mark II. I have to say out of the three the Mark II is the best, but still I'm not blown away with the paint looking like metal. Honestly the old 1/6 Mark II looks more like metal than this new Statue does.

These are some of the best pictures of this figure I have seen yet.. AWESOME!!!

Some of the best shots I've seen of this figure. Beautiful!

There's plenty of fun to be had with him yet!

ninjajimmy thanks for sharing these naturally lit photos.

Thanks all. I just grabbed these quick before I lost too much light. I'm hoping next time I'll pull my lighting gear out and play around some more.

Back