1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a tough time adjusting the legs as well. Here are a couple of pics showing the landing pose. The left leg is the tricky one in which you have to pivot it out more towards the outside. It will take some time to play with it in order to get it right.

I would love to do this pose, but can I ask do you feel if this pose puts any stress on the joints?

I had a tough time adjusting the legs as well. Here are a couple of pics showing the landing pose. The left leg is the tricky one in which you have to pivot it out more towards the outside. It will take some time to play with it in order to get it right.

Holy *****! :panic:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DsMSsN said:
24588379106_87e5664243_b.jpg
[/url]

Fear, awesome real

Perfect Pose, the fingers on the floor great detail!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

I would love to do this pose, but can I ask do you feel if this pose puts any stress on the joints?

I don't think it puts any stress on the joints. I did not have to crank/torque (just some slight pressure) on them to pose. The one area that may have pressure using that pose would be the right hand (lower flap on the hand) since some of the weight is forward. In fact some joints are really stiff that I did not know existed until I started posing. For example, the wrist joints (the one with 90 degrees slit) can rotate around so you're not stuck with fists turning in. Also, there is little rotation in the thighs near the ball joint by hip.

Damn @maggot what camera & lens are you using?
if you don't mind me asking.
Incredible pictures!

Thanks Ironman81! I use two Panasonic Lumix cameras. One compact: Lumix LX7 set on macro @ 50-90mm. The second camera is the Lumix GX7 micro 4/3 (mirrorless) with a Olympus 60mm macro lens. I try to avoid using wide angle lens so it does not distort the image.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

I don't think it puts any stress on the joints. I did not have crank (just some slight pressure) on them to pose. The one area that may have pressure using that pose would be the right hand (lower flap on the hand) since some of the weight is forward. In fact some joints are really stiff that I did not know existed until I started posing. For example, the wrist joints (the one with 90 degrees slit) can rotate around so you're not stuck with fists turning in. Also, there is little rotation in the thighs near the ball joint by hip.

Thanks Ironman81! I use two Panasonic Lumix cameras. One compact: Lumix LX7 set on macro @ 50-90mm. The second camera is the Lumix GX7 micro 4/3 (mirrorless) with a Olympus 60mm macro lens. I try to avoid using wide angle lens so it does not distort the image.
Thanks for the info bud, your pics are superb! Awesome skills.
As someone who has just got into photography I can really appreciate your shots :)

You don't want to know what the other one is lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, yeah I figured that out when I went to the HT website. It still looks pretty much the same as it did when I bought my first figure in 2009.

It seems like they are doing every single figure in 1/6 at least once and a select few in 1/4 scale. Do you think they'll do the first 7 marks?

It seems like they are doing every single figure in 1/6 at least once and a select few in 1/4 scale. Do you think they'll do the first 7 marks?

Maybe. But if they do, they won't have all seven done for years. Maybe a couple like the III and the VII over the next three years or so. The 43 seems to have been a hit so I'm guessing more 1/4 Iron Men are pretty likely!

Has anyone been able to pose him in this position? I can't seem to get his arms to reach 90 degrees forward.

latest

Has anyone been able to pose him in this position? I can't seem to get his arms to reach 90 degrees forward.

Your joints are probably a little stiff. Extend the arm out and use carefully applied force to get the arm to twist forwards. Twist it back and forward a few times and it'll loosen up.

latest
It won't be exact but you can get it close enough. I did a similar pose on my Mark 3. Only one arm will be straighten out. The other will bend a bit at the elbow. I don't have the 1/4 Mark 43 in hand yet so give it a try. Get the arms posed like in the picture below. Then move the arm that's farthest in the back more towards the chest.

20613643413_f4681bbab4_c.jpg

7kPaNOG.jpg

I'll try, but when I try to move the arms forward the ball shoulder joint (the ones where his shoulder pads attach) smash up against his front armor plate. Usually popping it off and making me think I broke my $600 toy!

FIGURED IT OUT!

If you rotate and keep going, way back, the ball shoulder joint turns enough and there's a ridge that appears, letting you move his arms completely forward. Game changer! Now I can pose him the way I want and make him fit my lineup! Awesome.

Back