1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is QS005. QS001 is Batman, QS002 is the Endo, QS004 is baby Groot. Am I missing something? Is there a 4th one of 1/4th scale that I missed?

This is why I question people saying they'll skip the Mk 43 and wait for for Mk 3/6/7... I get the feeling some people are expecting parallel quarter and sixth scale lineups... Aside from Baby Groot, the quarter scales have all been pretty 'safe' characters to release at that scale... but they are few and infrequent.

I'd say if you want a 1:4 scale Iron Man, grab this one now..

I noticed (when looking at the HT DX Batman) quite a few people were complaining of quite a few different issues. Paint rubbing off and oil seeping out from inside! Sounds weird I know. Was this a plagued figure? Has anyone else heard of this or had any problems themselves?

I noticed (when looking at the 1/4 Batman) quite a few people were complaining of quite a few different issues. Paint rubbing off and oil seeping out from inside! Sounds weird I know. Was this a plagued figure? Has anyone else heard of this or had any problems themselves?

Tbh I've never heard any bad thing about this figure. It was a masterpiece. The only thing I would change its the cape, but thats not a real problem.

I was about to say the same thing. I think one of the 1/6 Batman had the leaky abs problem but nothing like that with the 1/4 version that I am aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats good to hear. Like I said. Im new to collecting Hot Toys and was just curious.

Excited to be placing my order tomorrow. A nice section on my shelf is awaiting this piece! :)
What are the chances we will see this quality on the mass produced figures? We all know the prototype is beyond what each one will look like. Curious as to the factory quality of Stark's face paint app mostly.

Hot Toys is usually good at matching prototype quality. Look up pictures of their 1/4 batman for proof.

To date, HT's only released 2 full-figures in quarter scale: QS001 Batman and QS002 T800 Endoskeleton. Yes, I'm not counting potted Groot, I consider that one a filler just to get the QS line far after 2 years of being in hibernation.

QS001 is BETTER than its prototype. The prototype had a lot of problems, and was just like a blown-up DX12. It was a far cry from the gorgeous cowl and faceplates Enterbay delivered in their 1/4 scale Batman Begins. The QS001 thread surely rattled HT's cage -- figure got delayed and was fixed, thankfully, so now we have that masterpiece of a figure.

QS002 was also tweaked. IMO some parts on the final product are a step forward, while some are a step back vs the proto. I wish HT didn't change the teeth and kept the Arnie tooth gap. Also, the collarbone pistons on the final product come inverted, but can be fixed. Some say the shape of the skull was improved vs the proto but is still not good enough.

The QS001 head sculpt is outstanding and because of that I have no concerns about this one. They will knock it out of the park again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for making this decission to get it even easier. And I appreciate the welcome! Glad to be a part of the forum.

Thanks man :duff:duff

I have another question for you guys. I was wanting to change my payment option to PayPal. Is that even possible? Or do I have to use my bank acct since thats what I used to place the pre-order? I looked around on my Sideshow profile but cant find any way to enter my paypal info. Only the option to change to a different credit card.

Thanks man :duff:duff

I have another question for you guys. I was wanting to change my payment option to PayPal. Is that even possible? Or do I have to use my bank acct since thats what I used to place the pre-order? I looked around on my Sideshow profile but cant find any way to enter my paypal info. Only the option to change to a different credit card.

Pretty sure Paypal is not an option. Sorry.

Back