1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends how you define iconic... we haven't seen it on the big screen yet.... :lol

I mean, you look at the armours that IM fans (including me) find iconic, you have MkIII which did the bulk of the work in the first movie and took a hiding against Iron Monger.

MkIV was his suit until MkVI in IM2, but it didn't really do much on screen of great significance.... VI (fitted with vibranium reactor) got a lot more iconic moments, but in the end got a hammering in The Avengers and was replaced by MkVII for the final battle.. VII also got a few moments in IM3..

For all we know, we might end up with MkXLIII on the same scale of 'iconic-ness' in 18 months time, with people going... "man, I wish I'd bought that suit"

I'd love it, but for me to buy it here will cost as much as one of the more expensive PFF...

Yeah, no idea if this will be considered an 'iconic' armour but I like that it is a 'greatest hits look' ...there is nothing too specific to date it to one specific moment. There isn't too much gold, the arc reactor is round, its not overly bulky, just a touch of battle damage, there is a nice mix of colour, even got some mechanics showing through.
Its a great overall look.

....only thing is I would have liked is the 'face-in-helmet' extra head with flip up face plate ....don't think that is a big ask for the price point.

....only thing is I would have liked is the 'face-in-helmet' extra head with flip up face plate ....don't think that is a big ask for the price point.

This^^!! That is the only thing I feel is missing. I try not to think about it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a waste to not show off the HS, but I love this pose:

902383-iron-man-mark-xliii-001.jpg

i absolutely love this suit. The XLII had too much gold for me. This one offers such a nice mix of both red and gold with red being front and center. Subtle gold trimming is what draws me to this suit. Not to mention the edges on the chest armor. Just a great design IMO

Last edited:
This thing is going to demand attention bro. I might even alternate using the head sculpt which I almost never do. If the production version looks as good as the proto it would be a crime to keep it in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats true dude. I can't wait to have this figure in my hands to try out many poses as possible lol

Does anyone know a good deal for this in UK? The cheapest I've found was £480 on ToyHQ, and that kind of price is not easy to swallow :(

Okay, I'm getting the 1/6 scale version of this, but wondering if I might somehow be missing out if I pass this up. Too much coming out with the new movie and other Iron Man suits still on the way this year. This will be a great piece, but I really want the Hulkbuster as well as Ultron and Thanos. So much to budget. I am also getting their 1/4 Boba Fett and the die-cast Mark III. Igor on the way. Still thinking about Peacemaker :)

Depends how you define iconic... we haven't seen it on the big screen yet.... :lol

I mean, you look at the armours that IM fans (including me) find iconic, you have MkIII which did the bulk of the work in the first movie and took a hiding against Iron Monger.

MkIV was his suit until MkVI in IM2, but it didn't really do much on screen of great significance.... VI (fitted with vibranium reactor) got a lot more iconic moments, but in the end got a hammering in The Avengers and was replaced by MkVII for the final battle.. VII also got a few moments in IM3..

For all we know, we might end up with MkXLIII on the same scale of 'iconic-ness' in 18 months time, with people going... "man, I wish I'd bought that suit"

I'd love it, but for me to buy it here will cost as much as one of the more expensive PFF...

:goodpost::lecture:goodpost:

I also concur with those who want a helmeted Stark head. It would be great to have a third display option, kinda like thier QS001 Batman (Cowl, Sonar Cowl, Bruce Wayne heads).

Well after many sleepless nights I decided to change my PO around.

I was going to get a MK3 die cast and later on the other current die cast versions mk45 and then probably even things like war machine etc. Then I started thinking about the cost...the MK3 + MK45 = 1/4 IM and if I went down the rabbit hole I would of spent more on other versions (I am a die cast fan).

Alternatively, I think I would get a bigger wow factor in my living room by getting a single 1/4 IM and save plenty at the same time. I think the 1/4 being a alone is worth a "few" IMs. Of course it couldn't beat a display of 10 IMs but the cost of that is pretty huge.

I've come to the conclusion that I rather collect 1/4 IMs which will come out rarely as opposed to getting 3 - 4, 1/6th IMs a year. Also I am coming at the start of the 1/4 IMs, I personally feel I have missed out on a lot of 1/6 IM opportunities.

To sum it up, less is more.

oh.... yeah that would be cool.
Stark head, helmeted head and normal helmet head.

Helmeted head and normal helmeted head? Lol sorry. Just made me laugh. helmeted head, open face helmet and robot head right?

Excited to be placing my order tomorrow. A nice section on my shelf is awaiting this piece! :)
What are the chances we will see this quality on the mass produced figures? We all know the prototype is beyond what each one will look like. Curious as to the factory quality of Stark's face paint app mostly.

This is QS005. QS001 is Batman, QS002 is the Endo, QS004 is baby Groot. Am I missing something? Is there a 4th one of 1/4th scale that I missed?

Back