1/4 Green Lantern New 52 - Prime 1 Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collect nothing but DC 1/4 and wanted to like these so much but they have yet to grab me. Hopefully they start going into characters that have yet to be done by SSC in 1/4 - it will be an almost instant purchase.

I collect nothing but DC 1/4 and wanted to like these so much but they have yet to grab me. Hopefully they start going into characters that have yet to be done by SSC in 1/4 - it will be an almost instant purchase.

It'll be new52 and rebirth so hope you like those costumes.

It'll be new52 and rebirth so hope you like those costumes.

Rebirth costumes are looking pretty good so far... I'm not sure I love the gold outline on the bat symbol but I sorta know why they're doing it.

a7b55229c61e08dead0001f79fbefb33.jpg

226eb0c158154beaac49d48bcfaf1695.jpg

020803c25da9bba0b406388e29ccba06.jpg

I prefer classic costumes for DC and Marvel characters.

I also usually prefer the classic costumes for DC and Marvel but when looking at this "New 52" Green Lantern costume next to Hal Jordan's classic costume, I have to admit that this one definitely looks more "badass" to me although I'm not sure if that is the word that I was really looking for. ;)

I had the original Sideshow 1/4 scale Green Lantern on order years ago but had ended up cancelling it although I did see it in person and I really liked it. I had the new Sideshow 1/4 scale Green Lantern but, in person, absolutely hated everything about the statue from the knees down as well as some areas of the upper body although the head sculpt was perfectly executed (with the exception of the pointy ears but that wasn't a big deal); even my daughters agreed that it had to go back. I wasn't even considering the Prime 1 New 52 piece (even though I thought the sculpt was pretty nice) because I had already ordered the Sideshow version.

Without any bias, I have to say that this is piece by Prime 1 is definitely the nicest Green Lantern piece that I've ever seen. Don't laugh but I have to admit that the style totally reminds me of works I have seen by Michelangelo. The pose is classically great, the positioning of the torso, the legs, everything. As many have indicated, I also don't know what he is doing with that ring of his but I do think the execution works perfectly. Initially, I figured that he was raising himself up in a kind of tornado but, since he can fly, I'm not sure what he'd be accomplishing in so-doing; still, that is left to the viewer's interpretation and there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm still on-the-fence with regards to this piece but am very surprised that, with an edition size of only 500, it is still available 5 months after pre-orders began. Do people despise the new costumes that much? I suppose I just really like the pose/sculpt of this one...

If Fastball Special's pic is the production piece, then it looks really good. I personally don't care for the pose but at least it is in line with the prototype.

I also usually prefer the classic costumes for DC and Marvel but when looking at this "New 52" Green Lantern costume next to Hal Jordan's classic costume, I have to admit that this one definitely looks more "badass" to me although I'm not sure if that is the word that I was really looking for. ;)

I had the original Sideshow 1/4 scale Green Lantern on order years ago but had ended up cancelling it although I did see it in person and I really liked it. I had the new Sideshow 1/4 scale Green Lantern but, in person, absolutely hated everything about the statue from the knees down as well as some areas of the upper body although the head sculpt was perfectly executed (with the exception of the pointy ears but that wasn't a big deal); even my daughters agreed that it had to go back. I wasn't even considering the Prime 1 New 52 piece (even though I thought the sculpt was pretty nice) because I had already ordered the Sideshow version.

Without any bias, I have to say that this is piece by Prime 1 is definitely the nicest Green Lantern piece that I've ever seen. Don't laugh but I have to admit that the style totally reminds me of works I have seen by Michelangelo. The pose is classically great, the positioning of the torso, the legs, everything. As many have indicated, I also don't know what he is doing with that ring of his but I do think the execution works perfectly. Initially, I figured that he was raising himself up in a kind of tornado but, since he can fly, I'm not sure what he'd be accomplishing in so-doing; still, that is left to the viewer's interpretation and there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm still on-the-fence with regards to this piece but am very surprised that, with an edition size of only 500, it is still available 5 months after pre-orders began. Do people despise the new costumes that much? I suppose I just really like the pose/sculpt of this one...

It might be because he's practically laying down and the energy from his ring is going backwards despite him pointing the ring forwards

Back