1/4 Green Lantern New 52 - Prime 1 Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome! Must buy for me! But the grumpy old men brigade (who haven't touched a comic since the 70s) with a lot of "New 52 sucks" posts is going to invade this thread in a few seconds. :-D

I don't like many N52 designs but GL design is so close to the classic one that the argument would be pointless, just leave that at them.
I find quite silly the idea of Superman wearing a metallic plated costume for example, but imho P1 did a great job with him too.

I like the Superman pose and especially the cape. GL, must wait til full paint

Not a fan of this at all. Pose looks like he's ready to do a back stroke. Don't care for the ring construct and how it swirls. Don't like the costume because I haven't picked up a comic since the 70's and the new 52 sucks.

Costume doesn't bother me but I'd prefer an upward moving pose instead of backward. Still want to see it finished though.

What is he doing? Is he constructing a toilet to take a dump in or what?

The issue with me is that the construct is originally forming in front of him and looks like it's swirling backwards so he can lay on it. It just doesn't work for me.

I don't like many N52 designs but GL design is so close to the classic one that the argument would be pointless, just leave that at them.
I find quite silly the idea of Superman wearing a metallic plated costume for example, but imho P1 did a great job with him too.

It's not any more silly then a spandex outfit that can survive re-entering the earths atmosphere... At least an armor suit makes more sense that way...

It's not any more silly then a spandex outfit that can survive re-entering the earths atmosphere... At least an armor suit makes more sense that way...

You're entirely right, it's just that, it's easier for me to think about some kind of alien fabric that can survive extreme heat and such because it doesn't detract from the iconic imaginary of Supes being bulletproof, while the plated armor gives the idea of him needing extra protection.
I think it's mostly a fact of the practical side of the design conflicting with the mythos of the character, something like that will always be a point of dissent between fans.

I would have liked to see something coming out front, the pose does look strange. From a display perspective this would work. I am on the fence. How do you get a prime 1 piece in the unites states

I would have liked to see something coming out front, the pose does look strange. From a display perspective this would work. I am on the fence. How do you get a prime 1 piece in the unites states

I believe this will be offered through sideshow. Sideshow is already distributing Prime 1 merchandise. I pre-ordered the Prime 1 Arkham Origins Deathstroke directly from sideshow's website.

I believe this will be offered through sideshow. Sideshow is already distributing Prime 1 merchandise. I pre-ordered the Prime 1 Arkham Origins Deathstroke directly from sideshow's website.

yes, it will be available for preorder at sideshow soon.

Can this pass for a regular Green Lantern? I'm not that familiar with the 52 design on him, but he looks like an awesome statue... I like it more than the SSC museum.

Back