1/4 Comicave Studios - The Avengers Age of Ultron Hulkbuster Super Alloy Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, cool. :)

The price will probably be $800 to $900 but worth it.

For this PI/CMC one from this thread? No effing way it's that cheap. The 1/6 scale hot toys HB is 800 dollars on average. It is half the size as this one. Without animatronics. Given that CMC/PI 1/6 iron man figures are 20-25% more expensive for the same size...

The 1/6 hot toys is 22 inches tall...the 1/4 CMC is 48. Price will be closer to 2500-4500 usd. If ever made.

What would give you any idea it's 800 dollars?

For this PI/CMC one from this thread? No effing way it's that cheap. The 1/6 scale hot toys HB is 800 dollars on average. It is half the size as this one. Without animatronics. Given that CMC/PI 1/6 iron man figures are 20-25% more expensive for the same size...

The 1/6 hot toys is 22 inches tall...the 1/4 CMC is 48. Price will be closer to 2500-4500 usd. If ever made.

What would give you any idea it's 800 dollars?

I think that they would stay below $900 in order to get sales and these things aren't so expensive to manufacture as Hot Toys wants you to believe. :wink1:

I think that they would stay below $900 in order to get sales and these things aren't so expensive to manufacture as Hot Toys wants you to believe. :wink1:

I'm not talking about what it costs to make. Im very familiar with how much it costs. And I am very sure they cost A LOT more then you think. I've had nearly 30 years of work and experience (well maybe 25) in the movie and art and toy business.

How much these cost to make isn't the issue. this company sells a 1/6 (12 inches with NO animatronics) iron man for 350-380 dollars. This is four times as tall. Twice as wide. Ten times the LEDs. 10 times the paint. 10 times the assembly time. And then there are the animatronics

If they made a 1/6, based one previous pricing, it would be in the 800-1000 dollar range without the Movement. So one that's twice as big with animatronics is going to cost 3-8 times as much. I would bet that 1/4 prototype was six figures to make by itself. The suits that legacy made for the movies are 50-200k. The 1/4 mock ups all cost north of 10k.

I still don't get why you think it would be the same price as hot toys 1/6 scale figure. Other then some random number you don't think they would cross.

U mean they make a 1/1 scale for 20k. That has no animatronics. Even if you just average out the price, that's 5k. Without animatronics. And those add huge huge levels of cost. Just the animatronics on a 1/4 scale figure will cost more then 800

Edit----their 1/4 scale war machine is 600 dollars. It's half the size of Hb and has no animatronics

Last edited:
Also...just so he/she knows it's not just me...can someone else chime in about this?

Do you think this fully animated 1/4 scale four foot tall die cast hulk buster will cost 800-900 dollars?

Interesting now that Al Ahli Group has bought Play Imaginative. Knowing that they are owning Golds Gym and all means that they have a lot of fund to support PI, but money is one thing...expertise is another..

Would be nice to see HT is not the only player monopolising Ironman figure in 1/4 scale or even 1/6

I agree that it would be nice for Hot Toys to have a competitor - increase quality even more and hopefully drive prices down. Can't see that competition coming from this company though - even if the owners have a lot of money, they are still in it to make more - not to blow a load of cash on creating cool looking prototypes and then no final product or sales.

But if they set the price north of $1000 will they sell enough to warrant the manufacture of the item?

There are millions of products that cost more then a 1000 dollars. I don't know why u are stuck on that number.

The 1/6 version cost more then you are saying the 1/4 version will cost.

There are full 1/1 statues that are smaller then this. This is larger and more detailed and complex then a premium formate figure by sideshow. It's a premium formate figure that's 4 foot tall with articulation and animatronics. This is larger then the studio scale models for all previous legacy (or stan Winston) iron man suits except iron monger.

792e65c2a074f2f58e88d66d428c4443.jpg

I guess we'll see if this means anything.

I don't understand why so much hate? lol for me competition is always good because at the end WE the customers will get the benefit

Back