1/4 Comicave Studios - The Avengers Age of Ultron Hulkbuster Super Alloy Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me personally I started with 1/6 and bought every Iron Man armor all Dioramas then moved to 1/4, now I'm into statues and unique items that are not as mass produced.

I guess in the end I'm keeping a positive outlook for this Struggling company who is only producing 1/12. Scale figures and a weird line happy meal spongebob toys for some reason.

I'm glad we have not seen a pre order for him because that would be too reminiscent of the old company model. So maybe they have learned from their mistakes and just taking it real slow.

The old company model was showing a bunch of prototypes and releasing almost none. So far if you count the 42,43,44,45 1/4 with the ones PI previously showed there have been nearly 20 1/4 scale protos shown with 3 put up for sale and money taken and one of those (the mk42) was essentially "recalled" at the last minute Becuase they where so bad.

Personally...I would prefer to see them loose the license for once (2006 is long enough to figure out how to do this) and another company get it. Say KA or iron studios or imaginarium. CMC/PI/super alloy have had their chance.

King arts 1/4 Hulkbuster is 3600 USD plus shipping which is said to be around 1000 due to no US dealers having stock of him. So pretty much you have to pay for air mail.

Just as an example my Ultimetal Optiums Prime was 180 USD to ship from HK. It weighs 20lbs with all shipping material.

ComicCave would be in its own class having animatronics and die cast. Most likely will be more in the range of 7000 shipped if no US dealers carry him. Bluefin is a US ComicCave dealer but only sells to other dealers and not individual consumers

The king arts isn't 3600. And the CMC license does not cover USA or Europe or South America so no dealers would have it.
And I believe the KA has the same type of auto chest and helmet setup. It's not as extensive as the CMC version...but given they have cut the price, reportedly, by 3000 it may not be as extensive as it was before.

As for diecast...a 1/4 HB is 4 foot tall. The only way to tell a DC piece from plastic is weight or feel. Whose gonna be carrying around a 4 foot tall HB? DC isn't a good thing on something that big. Especially with animatronics. They will fail faster and more often with the added weight.

image.jpeg
View attachment 236043

Last edited:
The old company model was showing a bunch of prototypes and releasing almost none. So far if you count the 42,43,44,45 1/4 with the ones PI previously showed there have been nearly 20 1/4 scale protos shown with 3 put up for sale and money taken and one of those (the mk42) was essentially "recalled" at the last minute Becuase they where so bad.

Personally...I would prefer to see them loose the license for once (2006 is long enough to figure out how to do this) and another company get it. Say KA or iron studios or imaginarium. CMC/PI/super alloy have had their chance.

I'm ok with them losing the 1/4 license too. I'm also ok with what I have seen so far in these two 1/4 Hulkbuster test shots they have shown. One was given away and this is the second one. I'm guessing they at least have paid for the tooling molds so that makes me think they will indeed release this figure to the public.

The king arts isn't 3600. And the CMC license does not cover USA or Europe or South America so no dealers would have it.

View attachment 236044
View attachment 236043

That price doesn't reflect mark up from sites in HK that sell to US on a regular basis.

KA is defiantly more of a statue than ComicCaves somewhat posable figure.

Bluefin sells Comicave to US dealers so I have to disagree that ComicCave doesn't have the license to sell to US. I'm guessing the actual release will have on the box licensed by Play Imaginative produced by Comicave which will get around any US sales.

They don't have to have made tooling yet. When it's only a few uses a normal mold will work. I would be shocked if they commission tooling before taking orders. If they do that's asine. Lol if they only get 5 orders what happens then? That wouldn't cover the tooling.

I'm impressed with their prototypes. But I was with the the 20 previous they had shown. That's never been an issue for these people. It's the production side.

That price doesn't reflect mark up from sites in HK that sell to US on a regular basis.

KA is defiantly more of a statue than ComicCaves somewhat posable figure.

Bluefin sells Comicave to US dealers so I have to disagree that ComicCave doesn't have the license to sell to US. I'm guessing the actual release will have on the box licensed by Play Imaginative produced by Comicave which will get around any US sales.

They don't have the USA license. That's hot toys.

As for the after market price increase...you can't use that to compare...that's like comparing the secondary market hot toys prices to retail of others. Your comparing the retail price of CMC to the secondary price of KA. Those same dealers would mark the cmc up that much. Meaning at that same percentage the cmc would be 8500ish.

Yes the KA is more statue. But the chest and helmet do the same as the CMC. KA can't make 1/4 figures Becuase CMC has the license.

I feel alone with any of these 1/4 Iron man Armors each time we talk about them. I wish someone had the same passion as I do with this Super alloy line to actually get a hold of ComicCave and have a real interview like we get with Hot Toys.

They don't have the USA license. That's hot toys.

As for the after market price increase...you can't use that to compare...that's like comparing the secondary market hot toys prices to retail of others. Your comparing the retail price of CMC to the secondary price of KA. Those same dealers would mark the cmc up that much. Meaning at that same percentage the cmc would be 8500ish.

Yes the KA is more statue. But the chest and helmet do the same as the CMC. KA can't make 1/4 figures Becuase CMC has the license.

They hold the 1/4 license to produce Super Alloy Diecast figures under the Play Imaginative name that's why the boxes say licensed by PI.

As for prices yes you are right. The dealers can mark him up to 10.000 USD if they wanted so that was a poor comparison on my part.

I've reached out to my marvel rep to find out exactly what cmc license covers. It's public info so she should be able to share it. I know they have the 1/12 scale that can be sold in most regions. But I think the 1/4 has a limited area. I'm not 100% though.

I feel alone with any of these 1/4 Iron man Armors each time we talk about them. I wish someone had the same passion as I do with this Super alloy line to actually get a hold of ComicCave and have a real interview like we get with Hot Toys.

CMC posts stuff online al the time. In their Facebook and Twitter and they interact with people and comment. There's others that like the PI stuff. In the 1/4 WM and IP thread Royce is a big fan. The problem is the company has as bad a track record as can get and still be around.

They hold the 1/4 license to produce Super Alloy Diecast figures under the Play Imaginative name that's why the boxes say licensed by PI.

As for prices yes you are right. The dealers can mark him up to 10.000 USD if they wanted so that was a poor comparison on my part.

Correct. That's the same license. And that wasn't a USA covered license. Now some places sold them (bbts) but the license I do not think covered the area. As I said, I've sent my rep a message to see if she can find out.

CMC posts stuff online al the time. In their Facebook and Twitter and they interact with people and comment.

When a normal person like me asks them a question on FB or direct email I get no response.

I feel that someone who has connections to the industry maybe like yourself can get a real interview to get us non speculative info.

I can ask. But I may not have any better luck. But I will reach out through our rep and see if I can get any info. No promises.

As for what area their license covers...I just read four of PIs press releases and they all say multi region lic covering main land China, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and the Middle East. Except their 1/6 license which is one region only, Singapore.

I have no issues with the prototypes or the "art" side of these companies. That's not my issue. And what they say won't much change that. I asked the people at the show they gave the 1/4 HB away stuff..and I was told they had scrapped the 1/4 HB. I had the same issues with Pi. They would say one thing and something else actually happened. Which is fine. And normal on some levels. It's exactly why hot toys doesn't do much direct contact. Things are way to fluid. But PI (or CMC if you view it like I do) would do prototypes at every show and every year and then release nothing. And with the 42 specifically...man that thing. It went up for sale in 2013 I think (may be 2014 early) and it has still not released. And hey took full payment from people. And every month or so they would come up with some press release or statement. And here we are years later and still waiting. Lol it's just the accumulation of stuff that has made me skeptical.

That said...ill still ask. Or try. And I'll do my best to be upbeat when I do.

And bluefin sells imported goods from other company's that only sell local in HK and Japan so I wouldn't say them benign a distrubutor amounts to much. Just my observations.

I can ask. But I may not have any better luck. But I will reach out through our rep and see if I can get any info. No promises.

As for what area their license covers...I just read four of PIs press releases and they all say multi region lic covering main land China, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and the Middle East. Except their 1/6 license which is one region only, Singapore.

I have no issues with the prototypes or the "art" side of these companies. That's not my issue. And what they say won't much change that. I asked the people at the show they gave the 1/4 HB away stuff..and I was told they had scrapped the 1/4 HB. I had the same issues with Pi. They would say one thing and something else actually happened. Which is fine. And normal on some levels. It's exactly why hot toys doesn't do much direct contact. Things are way to fluid. But PI (or CMC if you view it like I do) would do prototypes at every show and every year and then release nothing. And with the 42 specifically...man that thing. It went up for sale in 2013 I think (may be 2014 early) and it has still not released. And hey took full payment from people. And every month or so they would come up with some press release or statement. And here we are years later and still waiting. Lol it's just the accumulation of stuff that has made me skeptical.

That said...ill still ask. Or try. And I'll do my best to be upbeat when I do.

And bluefin sells imported goods from other company's that only sell local in HK and Japan so I wouldn't say them benign a distrubutor amounts to much. Just my observations.

Very cool , I appreciate you trying to see if you can get some updated solid info next time you have an opportunity to talk to them.

The only reason why I brought up Bluefin was because ComicCave posted somewhere that they would be the only US distributer. Like you said maybe that is only for 1/12 products since there are no 1/4 products to offer.

I will say I watch bluefin like a hawk. With the latest release of Igor they removed the listing for the PI 1/4 war machine when you click on ComicCave. Now bluefin has made a dedicated category for PI products which is where war machine moved to.

I just watched budget Starks video...he said it will have a full 1/4 mk43....if that comes out then they are asking for trouble. If it's can come out and go in with animatronics...i would be really really surprised if this released at 6k with that and holds up. I wonder they are just including it extra in the box. I can't see any way to make it removable when it has animatronics. Not if they want it to hold up. Strange. See this is the stuff that scares me. Every time they show something it's better and bigger and cheaper. It just feels like a bait and switch. And I HATE being this critical of a high end figure/toy/statue company. They have such a hard job as it is. It's just that after ten plus years of the same thing over and over...and that thing being not good...well like I said..skeptical.

If they mange to pull it off and do it I'll be impressed.

Very cool , I appreciate you trying to see if you can get some updated solid info next time you have an opportunity to talk to them.

The only reason why I brought up Bluefin was because ComicCave posted somewhere that they would be the only US distributer. Like you said maybe that is only for 1/12 products since there are no 1/4 products to offer.

I will say I watch bluefin like a hawk. With the latest release of Igor they removed the listing for the PI 1/4 war machine when you click on ComicCave. Now bluefin has made a dedicated category for PI products which is where war machine moved to.

No worries. Least I can do. Since I give you and others such a hard time about them. Lol

I already sent a message to my rep at marvel and asked for her to get me the licensing info and then I sent her another asking if she could get me in contact with a CMC rep. That way it comes thru marvel and they know I'm not some weirdo. Or at least I'm a weirdo with credentials. Lol

I just watched budget Starks video...he said it will have a full 1/4 mk43....if that comes out then they are asking for trouble. If it's can come out and go in with animatronics...i would be really really surprised if this released at 6k with that and holds up. I wonder they are just including it extra in the box. I can't see any way to make it removable when it has animatronics. Not if they want it to hold up. Strange. See this is the stuff that scares me. Every time they show something it's better and bigger and cheaper. It just feels like a bait and switch. And I HATE being this critical of a high end figure/toy/statue company. They have such a hard job as it is. It's just that after ten plus years of the same thing over and over...and that thing being not good...well like I said..skeptical.

If they mange to pull it off and do it I'll be impressed.

I think he was mistaken about having a full removable Mark 43. The original info we were given last year was the mark 43 was removable but only a half torso.

6k still feels reasonable for something like this with a half torso.

just heard that it will be sold at usd$300! its just too good to be true, how is that possible?
sentinel's hulkbuster is also selling at usd$300, but its smaller(3cm shorter), without diecast
material and just a comic version(lower license fee). i am definitely ordering this one, its a
no brainer. but i have to sell my sentinel hulkbuster order first! :panic:

We are talking about the 6,000 USD 1/4 scale Hulkbuster. I think you are referring to the 1/12 version for 300 USD.

Back