1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that likely to happen at this stage?

Probably not, but they did say they will improve the paint. A lot of people have complained about the wonky feet, I'd be happy if they straightened them up and added more depth to the paint. Oh and gave an ES number....

Crap. After seeing those pics I'm liking this more and more. Dunno if we will ever see a official ES, so the Alien head I received never got one that I know of. There were rumors of it being 25 or 300, but nothing on the plate.

Is Prime 1 gonna release a Big Chap of their own or is this it? I'm a bit confused about this collaboration with Coolprops. I like the museum pose, but this pose is about the only one the "authentic" Chap statues have had lately. It's a big plus that they added the display case, since that's the only way I would like to display a pose like this and you save the time (and money?) to customise one yourself.

Prime 1 teased their own Big Chap recently, so yes I'd say they are likely to release their own. Personally, I am waiting for that as I believe it will look way better than this.

How many here have had the problem with the shrinking dome on their Sano Alien, or any other statue for that matter? I have a Sano Chap with this problem and the dome kept shrinking til this date to a more severe state than previously shown in a Picture in this thread. What are the chances for this issue occuring with Coolprops? It's quite alot of Money to invest in something that "deteriorates" in such short a time. Can one hold the manufactors responsible for the quality over time and require a refound?

How many here have had the problem with the shrinking dome on their Sano Alien, or any other statue for that matter? I have a Sano Chap with this problem and the dome kept shrinking til this date to a more severe state than previously shown in a Picture in this thread. What are the chances for this issue occuring with Coolprops? It's quite alot of Money to invest in something that "deteriorates" in such short a time. Can one hold the manufactors responsible for the quality over time and require a refound?

I have the Cinemaquette Alien, and there's been no shrinkage on the dome at all from what I can tell. It came out nearly 10 years ago.

I messaged them about the ES ages ago and had forgotten that I'd even asked, I got a reply back his week...

"Sorry for the late reply.
Giger's Alien 1:3 maquette will be produced limitedly. However, for now we are not announcing the ES number for this. If we are going to announce, we will update with our facebook or official account.

Thanks,
Mika
CoolProps"

It's a shame that CP don't seem to like ES numbers for half of their items weirdly. I understand why it may be easier for them as a smaller company to just make as many as they can rather than produce too many. But you'd think there would be a way of adding an ES towards the end of production when they have a better idea of how many have been made at that point. They don't seem to however, they have said this before but we never did get an ES on the P2 bust etc. Still, it's not the end of the world I suppose, I just like an ES number on my collectibles and it's a hard tradition to grow out of as more companies try to relax them.

Thanks python! I have just send a message today asking for this and asking for the big chap bust (thst it us supposed to be here on february..).

I messaged them about the ES ages ago and had forgotten that I'd even asked, I got a reply back his week...

"Sorry for the late reply.
Giger's Alien 1:3 maquette will be produced limitedly. However, for now we are not announcing the ES number for this. If we are going to announce, we will update with our facebook or official account.

Thanks,
Mika
CoolProps"

It's a shame that CP don't seem to like ES numbers for half of their items weirdly. I understand why it may be easier for them as a smaller company to just make as many as they can rather than produce too many. But you'd think there would be a way of adding an ES towards the end of production when they have a better idea of how many have been made at that point. They don't seem to however, they have said this before but we never did get an ES on the P2 bust etc. Still, it's not the end of the world I suppose, I just like an ES number on my collectibles and it's a hard tradition to grow out of as more companies try to relax them.

bummer. It's a definite no buy for me at this point then. It matters to me quite a bit considering how many items get recasted these days. And your right, they did say they would reveal the numbers on the P2 bust and they never did, so I don't take them for their word on this one either. Lack of consistency is a bad thing for a new company.

I love this thing, but I'm going to hold out and see what Prime 1 can do. Hopefully both will be available at the same time so that I can decide which I prefer. This CP version is crying out for a limited and numbered run however...

I'm very interested in this but the comments about Cool props is concerning. What has been the problem in the past with them?

I'm very interested in this but the comments about Cool props is concerning. What has been the problem in the past with them?

The problem so far is they’re too true to the props used in movies, some look good without smoke and mirrors but some don’t.

Another problem is their products are made from fiberglass. It couldn’t hold details well if seeing up close and has cheap-looking textures. Paintjob is also dull most of the time. That’s why I love to call their works a “shell” of whatever it’s supposed to be.

All in all, Coolprops’ works are the best if you want props replica with 100% screen accuracy, and could tolerate about loss of minor details here and there.

They make beautiful prototypes, but sadly their production pieces are often a bit rough and unrefined. Prime 1 are making the Dog, they are also making a Big chap of their own soon. As much as I love this, I'm holding out to see what P1 can do with the character.

I will receive the big chap bust next week and I can’t wait! I also have bought the maquette. Production samples look perfect on my opinion:) I will tell you when I will see this!

Whith the lsb bigchap from sideshow I was like: woooooow!!!. Even after seeing pictures and reviews in youtube...So I can’t imagine with that one...

The problem so far is they’re too true to the props used in movies, some look good without smoke and mirrors but some don’t.

Another problem is their products are made from fiberglass. It couldn’t hold details well if seeing up close and has cheap-looking textures. Paintjob is also dull most of the time. That’s why I love to call their works a “shell” of whatever it’s supposed to be.

All in all, Coolprops’ works are the best if you want props replica with 100% screen accuracy, and could tolerate about loss of minor details here and there.

They make beautiful prototypes, but sadly their production pieces are often a bit rough and unrefined. Prime 1 are making the Dog, they are also making a Big chap of their own soon. As much as I love this, I'm holding out to see what P1 can do with the character.

This has come up as a preorder at a store down here and I was about to pull the trigger but the Fibreglass is putting me off. I think I'll wait and see what Prime 1 brings out.

Coolprops bust delayed until may..acording to my local seller in Spain...

The last email said delayed until March . Are you sure your guy has a clue? Seems odd they would delay it 2 more months when they are still a month away from their last delay. IF it is indeed delayed until may then I question a company who is 5 months late on delivery and will put an end to me ordering anything else from them. I am not ordering this 1/3 maquette, the queen alien bust or the predator bust until I see that bust. If it only comes out in may ill pass on all of it.

The last email said delayed until March . Are you sure your guy has a clue? Seems odd they would delay it 2 more months when they are still a month away from their last delay. IF it is indeed delayed until may then I question a company who is 5 months late on delivery and will put an end to me ordering anything else from them. I am not ordering this 1/3 maquette, the queen alien bust or the predator bust until I see that bust. If it only comes out in may ill pass on all of it.

Local retailers are often a couple of months behind the actual shipping date.

Back