1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll wait for production pics and es.

I was under the impression that this is a production sample, despite what the Sideshow site says. I'd like to know thew ES however. I'm still worried about CP production quality, but I probably will order this thing...

He's a big boy...

jpLoQgi.jpg

Indeed...i love it..ithink I will PO as well...looking fir some place in my vitrine first:) I am doubting between this and the other big chap figure..

I'm most concerned about the resin carapace / dome.

The Roswell Japan statues sculpted by Sano, have suffered shrinkage in the resin domes and have receded from the correct overlap at the front of the skull, to an incorrect position, namely with the interior tube above the teeth Slowly becomes exposed on the outside instead of reminding underneath the dome.

This is a big deal since the resin domes shrink about 5%. Apparently clear resin takes much longer to completely cure and shrinks over a longer period of time.
That means that beautiful carapace will recede at the mouth toward the nose rather than overlap the upper jaw the way it is supposed to after about a year.

Can somebody please contact them about it on Facebook? I don't have a Facebook account because my identity got stolen on fb and I emailed at their site with no response

Also I suggested a purple tint to offset yellowing over time, but I'm not sure if resin yellows the same way as pvc. Neca has a slight purple tint on some of their 1/4 scale alien figures, which overvtime would neutralize the effects of yellowing Because purple is the opposite hue to yellow

Sorry it wound up flipped and I don't know how to fix the rotation on this forum--

IMG_1191.jpg
IMG_1194.jpg
Vs the original look

IMG_0556.JPG

Ufff! I hope it win’t hapoen to this or to the busts. Anyway there are some BC busts with resin dome as well and I didn’t see this problem..hope it won’t happen to all figures this

I want this one sooooo bad. I keep getting out of statue collecting and then pulled back in lol.

I had the 1/3 CM years ago. I never actually even considered it at the time but was it wholly accurate? From what I can remember I wouldn't assume so.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

How so? Paul Komoda studied the actual props at the Giger museum and Giger had oversight on the whole project?

The paint under the dome looks better with a moving camera. I am glad he brought up the dark/plain paint and if they do add some more highlights this is going to be a great piece. I absolutely love the pose. It has a very museum/artifact look to it. Ya....I am totally in on this one.

Looks great, I'll likely order down the line but I am very much hoping a few tweaks and improvements do come through.

How so? Paul Komoda studied the actual props at the Giger museum and Giger had oversight on the whole project?

Giger asked Paul to slim down the waist. The skin included the mottling which was good but the overall color was bronze - I had this one too and eventually let it go.

The head is a little squished end to end but it's still nice. I don't mind he dynamism but the feet should be more raised at the heel instead of being on tiptoes.
The details are nice bough.

this looks great and the price was much lower than I expected. If they put a ES on this thing, I would be willing to make this my only Alien piece. I like that it isn't a huge space killer and is the most accurate Alien to date.

Back