1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one's noticed the heavy black airbrushing of the tubes that run down his cranium and disappear behind the eyes?? Looks awful. If anyone thinks they are going to get this:

tX8PMIe.jpg

They are deluding themselves.

I worry about paint application on this piece more than the head. The proto paint has many layers where the preorder pic looks like a rattle can flat black paint job. What happened to the cool glossy look of the prototype? What a disappoinment. That black "spray paint" hose on the head of the preorder pic looks friggin aweful too. At this point I am going to wait to see how the head comes out before preordering anything else from these guys. Clutchs point of the poor paint under the dome of the 1:1 head is very valid and is also giving me hesitation. Don't screw up the paint under the domes guys. I think its make or break for this company. If they burn people on that $1800 head it will be the end of them. The paint on this piece is utter crap in that pic. Looks like it should be the primer coat. It honestly looks like a Neca doll.

This is up for order on Coolprops website, but not Sideshow yet. The price works out to be around $1347, so I suspect it will be slightly higher via SSC. I'm guessing it'll be anywhere from $1350-1400 which isn't bad. If Coolprops can deliver what they are selling, I'll happily pay that for this beauty. But I can't shift my doubts around them sadly. Let's hope this statement piece is the turning point for them.

https://www.coolprops.com/cp03-0007_x01/

Actually, looking at the pictures they have up, it is clearly a production sample. The paint already isn't great and both feet are still annoyingly pointing to the right... I'm torn. This is the best Big chap sculpt we've ever seen, but it's coolprops handling it..

Actually, looking at the pictures they have up, it is clearly a production sample. The paint already isn't great and both feet are still annoyingly pointing to the right... I'm torn. This is the best Big chap sculpt we've ever seen, but it's coolprops handling it..

wait to see if Prime will do one or wait for in hand pics. Almost nothing flies off the shelves during PO periods. Even the bad ass Dog is still available.

151k yen so what are we talking here $1350? If they can fix that crap paint under skull ill be all over it. The rest of the paint can be fixed. $1350ish aint too bad and cheaper than I thought it would be.

$1500 and they included the case, not too bad. Paint on the pics looks Ok I guess although they still are way too heavy on the black tube paint.. I do wish they had an ES. Ill probably give it a go though.

No one's noticed the heavy black airbrushing of the tubes that run down his cranium and disappear behind the eyes?? Looks awful. If anyone thinks they are going to get this:

tX8PMIe.jpg

They are deluding themselves.

We've already lost most of the body paint. Now it's just black with some bronze drybrushing in certain spots.

Although that is a cool paint job I am curious if it really looks like the statue in the museum. To be honest that paint looks like it belongs on Sil. I cant seem to find any good close ups of the real deal. In the end its going next to the bust if I get it, since that is mostly black it will fit right in, super accurate or not. At $1500 that leaves some room to have it repainted in the future and still be in at $2k ish.
GTY_alien_sketches_2_mar_140513_4x3_992.jpg

The glossy picture you post are from SDCC. It was an early test prototype with glossy finsih and another color scheme
the new and final one is a mat finish with only subtle color bronze variation. I saw it, it looks cool but some will say it's flat. matter of tastes.
I holded it, it's heavy and it's big.

Back