1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if i already mentioned it on this thread BUT Coolprops actually scanned the original statue at the museum and scaled it down to 1/3 size. They then used the big chap head as it was finished and again scaled it down to size. If you look at the feet you will notice they are pointing to the left when looking at the statue from the front, this may also reflect the position of the feet at the museum. My hope is Coolprops may produce a 1:1 scale statue in the future now they have the scan data. There's nothing like hope!

My hope is Coolprops may produce a 1:1 scale statue in the future now they have the scan data. There's nothing like hope!

Wow, that would be intense. Not to mention taxing on all resources! lol. It would be pretty sweet bud damn...if we price out the head at $1400 then affix that to a 7'8" body that would be what, 10k$? lol

It would be pretty sweet bud damn...if we price out the head at $1400 then affix that to a 7'8" body that would be what, 10k$? lol

Well, Sideshow offer a range of Star Wars 1:1 life size statues (Vader, Boba Fett, etc.) that run close to $10,000 - so it's certainly doable.

I'm really hoping that Coolprops makes a Ripley and somehow convinces Weaver to allow exact likeness. *sigh* I wish *sigh*

Hasn't she loosened up on her likeness these days? I'm sure I've seen a few figures around looking like her lately? Although they aren't really my thing so I may be wrong..

I'm not sure how CP would be at making human statues mind, exact prop replicas seems to be their thing.

Hasn't she loosened up on her likeness these days? I'm sure I've seen a few figures around looking like her lately? Although they aren't really my thing so I may be wrong..

I'm not sure how CP would be at making human statues mind, exact prop replicas seems to be their thing.

i don't think she has let that go. I've seen some figure, but definitely the likeness isn't there or they did a crap job lol. She is a very important character and I'm sure Coolprops/Prime 1 can make an exception and make a 1/3 of her:)

Anyone heard any updates about this piece? I'm actually kinda surprised there wasn't anything by now since the P1 Runner has already been opened for PO. Not even a tentative date or new photos of any of the changes/revisions made (if any). I tried emailing them for any updates but there's been nothing.

Anyone else with better sources than me (that is, with any sources perios) able to comment?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

No new info as of yet. you'd imagine they will leave a little gap between the Dog and this as it's likely many of the same people that will be buying them.

No new info as of yet. you'd imagine they will leave a little gap between the Dog and this as it's likely many of the same people that will be buying them.
I'm 100% they will. Just thought (hoped) they may have had new promotional material or dates or prices or...something.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I'm 100% they will. Just thought (hoped) they may have had new promotional material or dates or prices or...something.

I'm with you, I ordered the Dog and love it, the the Big chap is where it's at for me. I'm happy to wait though, Im still hoping they will change their plans and hand this over to Prime 1 to produce as the Coolprops sample left a lot to be desired. You can bet the actual production pieces will be a further step down in quality which would be a huge waste of a statue with massive potential.

I'm with you, I ordered the Dog and love it, the the Big chap is where it's at for me. I'm happy to wait though, Im still hoping they will change their plans and hand this over to Prime 1 to produce as the Coolprops sample left a lot to be desired. You can bet the actual production pieces will be a further step down in quality which would be a huge waste of a statue with massive potential.

I've been thinking the same thing. While it is beautiful, it looks like a plastic figure next to the P1 Dog. Let's hope P1 does end up producing either this Big Chap or a piece of their own

I've been thinking the same thing. While it is beautiful, it looks like a plastic figure next to the P1 Dog. Let's hope P1 does end up producing either this Big Chap or a piece of their own

Totally agree, that's the reason why i don't plan to get this piece for the moment. I owned the Sideshow Big Chap maquette which i really loved but i can't feel the same here. I've the impression to look at a Neca piece (love what Neca is doing with Alien license but this is not supposed to be the feeling to have when looking at a statue...).

So I asked Prime 1 if they will be making a 1/3 big chap of their own as like many, I don't have full confidence in Coolprops to deliver on their production pieces sadly. This was their reply, It wasn't a no, but at the same time it wasn't confirmation. Read into it as you will....

"Thank you for contacting us

Unfortunately we are unable to give you any information on this at this moment

Prime 1"

They didn't highlight the at this moment part, I did as I found it to be relevant. I'm guessing they may well be making one, but only after CP have sold theirs.

FB_IMG_1511338849225.jpg

From the CP Facebook page. Preorder starts on December 1st

Yeah, I really hope this isn't extortionate. I'm not sure I can resist it if it isn't although obviously I'll wait for in hand pictures if that is possible. I just hope that Coolprops can actually do it some justice....

If the end result looks like the prototype on the promo photo above, I'm in. But from what I've seen from Coolprops so far, it's not gonna be even in the same ballpark as the proto :(

Back