1:2 Morgul Lord (Witch-King)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another must buy. just glad there isn't an exclusive, so I can buy this at a discount from a retailer.

Fantastic! I really like it!
I ordered one but again might have to order this along with Fett from a dealer.

angmar_merge.jpg

Nameplate ... oh no ... NAMEPLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :google

Argh! :sick

Why is he looking downward, hmmm, I will make up my decision once I see it in person.

LOTRFan said:
Nameplate ... oh no ... NAMEPLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :google

Argh! :sick

And with a font straight out of Dungeons & Dragons...

I don't mind him looking down. He was so tall, he was looking down whenever he interacted with anybody--especially if he was up on his fell beast. It adds a little character compared to a straight ahead shot. They had to do something to make this look alive and not just like a helm on a base. It gives the impression that there is someone in there looking down on his prey, like Theoden or Eowyn.

Last edited:
WOW!:D

It really looks awesome! But I didn't order one, the sipping and VAT would have killed me. So I'm gonna wait until my local dealer gets it and buy it then..

Calle_Sandell said:
WOW!:D

It really looks awesome! But I didn't order one, the sipping and VAT would have killed me. So I'm gonna wait until my local dealer gets it and buy it then..

...at least you have local dealers! Not a single dealer here in Switzerland that carries anything from Sideshow or Weta. :eek:

But I'll pass anyway. Too big and I have 3 statues representing him already.

I have to go with consensus of buyers....I'll be getting it, but through a dealer. I don't like the nameplate, but it's not a deal-killer.....I'm glad the Darkness bust didn't have a nameplate....

goliath said:
...at least you have local dealers! Not a single dealer here in Switzerland that carries anything from Sideshow or Weta. :eek:

But I'll pass anyway. Too big and I have 3 statues representing him already.

Dooh! You don't have a dealer?!?! that sucks!

The one I use, Scifireplicas, is great!!! He who has it has even come home to me to deliver some stuff, though I think he only did that because I'm like a VIP VIP customer :D He just said "you won't be able to carrie that on the subway, Where do you live?"

They are great! I can really recommend them!

The Morgul Lord is way too much money. You can get the 1:1 scale from UC for the same price. Bad 1st choice. There is just too many other things to buy, $250.00 is alot to blow on this.

jlcmsu said:
Why a neutral base? I see all the time folks asking for more creativity in the bases and SS does it then someone still complains. :rotfl

I wasn't aware of that. The neutral base, I guess it's just a personal preference. Also, I belive that to many different base designs bring a certain "unrest" into a collection. If you'd put 5 photographs on your wall, you can either choose to put each one of them in the same type of frame, or use a different frame design for each picture. I'd use the same frame type, to produce a sense of harmony. Just personal preference.

tomandshell said:
I don't mind him looking down. He was so tall, he was looking down whenever he interacted with anybody--especially if he was up on his fell beast. It adds a little character compared to a straight ahead shot. They had to do something to make this look alive and not just like a helm on a base. It gives the impression that there is someone in there looking down on his prey, like Theoden or Eowyn.

Exactly Tom! That's why I like it the angle of the head makes it appear as though the ML is alive which is just really cool. The straight ahead shots on most busts just don't do it for me. As far as the name plate. I don't get what the big deal is on having these on pieces like this. Statues I can understand but something like this it looks as if it fits with it.

Back