1:2 Morgul Lord (Witch-King)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goliath.. You do know that you can log in to your newsletteraccount on the SS website.. You don't have to wait for it to arrive to your inbox...

I was hoping it would be in 1/4 scale in order to match up well with my ss/weta busts. Would have looked great next to my WiKi bust....

A Balrog bust in 1/4 scale would be a definite pickup for me! :rock

Calle_Sandell said:
Goliath.. You do know that you can log in to your newsletteraccount on the SS website.. You don't have to wait for it to arrive to your inbox...

Calle, I know, just don't have that much time to do so at the moment, that's also why I don't hang out here too often anymore. :eek:

I usually receive the newsletter sometime Friday evening (European time), I don't know why it is always so late...

Goliath, Yeah I used to wait for the newsletter to arrive to my inbox but when it sometimes arrived on monday morning:monkey4 (european time) I got tired of it and now I allways read it via the site..

This was a bad choice. UC has already made the Morgul Lord Helm which to me is a BUST. And the price at $250.00 isn't so bad. I imagine SS will be charging alot. I can't see why people would buy this when they can get the UC Helm.

After reading more info, it seems these will be smaller than I first though, so I guess I'll have to see it. If it was 1:1 scale I would pass. I would still rather see a "twilight" Witchking before the Morgul Lord.

Last edited:
NASEDO................cause this is gonna be friggin awesome............the war mask by uc is good............but if it is gonna look like the pic on the site...............with the shoulder pads and the cloak and everything.............it is gonna be great..............

Not only that, the UC helm has that awful "dome" and a hood that barely stretches to the bottom of the stand.

This will be much better, and at 1:2 scale probably cost about $300-350. I would certainly rather spend an extra $100, and have a polystone representation.

That said, I can't imagine collecting these. :monkey3

LOTRFan said:
Not only that, the UC helm has that awful "dome" and a hood that barely stretches to the bottom of the stand.

This will be much better, and at 1:2 scale probably cost about $300-350. I would certainly rather spend an extra $100, and have a polystone representation.

That said, I can't imagine collecting these. :monkey3

I'm thinking this line of busts will only be in the $150 to $200 range, with the more extravagant ones being $250 to $300. At 1:2 scale, there is only 1/4 of the material cost of a full 1:1 bust which Sideshow has kept in the $500 to $550 range. The 1/4 scale busts averaged $60, so they should be able to bring these 1:2 and 1:3 scale busts in at a pretty decent price.

lcummins said:
I'm thinking this line of busts will only be in the $150 to $200 range, with the more extravagant ones being $250 to $300. At 1:2 scale, there is only 1/4 of the material cost of a full 1:1 bust which Sideshow has kept in the $500 to $550 range. The 1/4 scale busts averaged $60, so they should be able to bring these 1:2 and 1:3 scale busts in at a pretty decent price.

You may be right, but I am curious at to whether they will use metal for the helm or not? If it is metal, it will certainly be more expensive.

LOTRFan said:
You may be right, but I am curious at to whether they will use metal for the helm or not? If it is metal, it will certainly be more expensive.

True! We won't really be able to guess until we see a complete picture and get details on material and size. I just hope they keep these lines to primary characters or ones they are best presented in this format...

SS know how to do their business, but i think now is too much charge for the collector with so many lines out there, come on SS think on our CCs

Why would you think it would cost more if it were metal??? Weren't the 1/4 scale helms go for only a measly $25 each??? The busts cost more because they had more substance. I would put the price of this closer to probably $90-100 only because it's 2x the scale of the busts/helms, BUT, the material doesn't have to be all polystone. We'll learn more at SDCC . . .

Radagaster said:
Why would you think it would cost more if it were metal??? Weren't the 1/4 scale helms go for only a measly $25 each??? The busts cost more because they had more substance. I would put the price of this closer to probably $90-100 only because it's 2x the scale of the busts/helms, BUT, the material doesn't have to be all polystone. We'll learn more at SDCC . . .

Not the ML version :monkey1 , and add to that the polystone and a larger scale (i.e. double) these will easily be about $200.

LOTRFan said:
Not the ML version :monkey1 , and add to that the polystone and a larger scale (i.e. double) these will easily be about $200.

I'm thinking in the $200-250 range, which will make it an easy pass. I'll stick to the PF line.

Darth Loki said:
I'm thinking in the $200-250 range, which will make it an easy pass. I'll stick to the PF line.

I agree, I would much rather have most characters in that format, for what will probably only be about $100 more.

This line is promising though, for some creatures and the like which will probably never see the light of day in the PF. What still remains to be seen is just how many of these there will be to begin with. It would appear as if SS is taking the "best and brightest" from all their lines and making these busts, how many LOTR items can we expect? :confused:

Darth Loki said:

yeah that range would be expensive for me as well, considering the upcoming orders.
BTW, my wait list for Frodo still not converted, although I am one of the first to get in the list(the day it was announced to sold out in the newsletter). I hope I can get it and continue PF line as well

Back