1:2 Morgul Lord (Witch-King)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) As for the looking down, well it means you have to display it higher than eye level, so it somewhat limits your choices.

2) Nameplates, well I just don't like them ever. Here's why, personally I view something like this as fine art (esp Predator, Pumpinhead) and to slap a nameplate on them seems like making sure people know what the David or Pieta is. It makes it tacky, but perhaps that is only me. :monkey3

I don't think the busts need name plates either. I don't really think it takes away from the piece, but it certainly doesn't add anything.

Darth Loki said:
I don't think the busts need name plates either. I don't really think it takes away from the piece, but it certainly doesn't add anything.

The name plate takes away from the realism of the helm. It's like looking at the figure as a movie prop and seeing some guys hand in it. Takes away from the realism and imagination of it.

LOTRFan said:
Nameplates, well I just don't like them ever. Here's why, personally I view something like this as fine art (esp Predator, Pumpinhead) and to slap a nameplate on them seems like making sure people know what the David or Pieta is. It makes it tacky, but perhaps that is only me.

It's not only you, I agree with you, could not have said it better. :cool:

I guess they don't bother me much. It all depends more on how they fit the overall item I suppose.

They could have taken the hint from their partnership with Weta that we like names underneath the collectible instead . . .

I think nameplates add a sort of "museum-esque" feeling to the statue/bust. I think that's what SS wants with this line. It also is in line with the name of the line. (nice line ey? ;) ) "Legendary Scale Busts".. just means Scale Busts from Legendary movie/tv/comic characters. And with a Legendary character should go a nice nameplate. I can see ppl not collecting anything but these and when they all have nameplates, you can have a little museum of Legendary characters in your house.

Just my two cents. :)

NASEDO said:
The Morgul Lord is way too much money. You can get the 1:1 scale from UC for the same price. Bad 1st choice. There is just too many other things to buy, $250.00 is alot to blow on this.

Totally! Instead could blow $250.00 on this baby! HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!"

timespacetoys_1902_14207524

Not feeling this piece at all. The helm is just as nice in my opinion, and you can get it for like $20 - $30 now.

The SS/W Morgul Lord statue is much better also, IMO.

I'm diggin this piece...just might pay for it in full at "the con" if I don't blow too much dinero :D ....for me it just works nicely in my collection....

Back