Action Figure 1/12 Comicave Iron Man Super Alloy Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I didn't see this posted in the thread before, but back at NYCC 2013, Super Alloy / Play Inaginative showed every single Iron Man armor 1-42 (and we've since seen 43 and 44)

https://needlessessentialsonline.com/play-imaginative-super-alloy-new-york-comic-con/

Like seriously??

Nice. I think I have pics of those saved somewhere. But it was from a different expo. I remember when they first came out. They did 1/6 Mark VII and a Gold variant of Mark VII ( not officially called Midas ). Some people here were set to dump Hot Toys and jump on board the Play Imaginative bandwagon. That would have been a very short ride.

I kinda read their response as an unofficial confirmation that they are not making all of the HPP.

Nice. I think I have pics of those saved somewhere. But it was from a different expo. I remember when they first came out. They did 1/6 Mark VII and a Gold variant of Mark VII ( not officially called Midas ). Some people here were set to dump Hot Toys and jump on board the Play Imaginative bandwagon. That would have been a very short ride.

I kinda read their response as an unofficial confirmation that they are not making all of the HPP.

Definitely, I agree. I would be stoked if they just did the cancelled ones and maybe a few more. Again, Hammerhead... haha

really wish this line would survive. or at least release the cancelled armors as one last hoorah before dying. recently purchased the Shades and Shotgun armor for $80 total. Used but great condition. Great figures. Gamma and Striker looks great but I'll wait for it to be under $100. Hopefully HB releases as well. Still need Blue Steel/Silver Centurion - waiting for those to hit Barnes and Nobles in my area.

That's a great price for Shades and Shotgun. Silver Centurion is an awesome figure and I have Blue Steel on the way. It might be a long wait for them to come to Barnes and Nobles, I got both off eBay. Hopefully they actually made more than 1000 of Gamma and Striker, otherwise they may be difficult to come by for under $100.

And I didn't see this posted in the thread before, but back at NYCC 2013, Super Alloy / Play Inaginative showed every single Iron Man armor 1-42 (and we've since seen 43 and 44)

https://needlessessentialsonline.com/play-imaginative-super-alloy-new-york-comic-con/

Like seriously??

They scared the beejesus out of HT with that display. It was probably responsible for HT's diecast line and many improvements they've made with regard to scale and articulation.

Unfortunately PI/Comicave's focus has always been one off's or very small production runs. They haven't been very successful when trying to build in larger numbers for the collector market.

That's a great price for Shades and Shotgun. Silver Centurion is an awesome figure and I have Blue Steel on the way. It might be a long wait for them to come to Barnes and Nobles, I got both off eBay. Hopefully they actually made more than 1000 of Gamma and Striker, otherwise they may be difficult to come by for under $100.

Yeah I don't think they'll be had for anywhere under $130-150 honestly. Their distribution deal with Global whatever is over, so it doesn't seem like they'll hit B&N at all. There's also only 1 of each on eBay sold auctions. I found a set of the 2 on a Malaysian site, but they're now sold out. Came out to about $118 shipped/each. I was happy with that since I got all the others for such great deals.

Yep that's where I ordered Blue Steel. Unfortunately I paid more for my SC.

Yeah I don't think they'll be had for anywhere under $130-150 honestly. Their distribution deal with Global whatever is over, so it doesn't seem like they'll hit B&N at all. There's also only 1 of each on eBay sold auctions. I found a set of the 2 on a Malaysian site, but they're now sold out. Came out to about $118 shipped/each. I was happy with that since I got all the others for such great deals.

What site had Gamma and Striker?

Thanks... I'm going to wait it out. I have a feeling that 1000 piece thing refers to them bundled together, but I could be wrong. I'd like to pick up one or both of them but they aren't must haves for me.

Great info last couple of pages. Thanks everyone. Thanks for the links to the Blue Steel and SC as well. BBTS might be it for me for Striker or Gamma then. Since no B&N in the near future.

Great info last couple of pages. Thanks everyone. Thanks for the links to the Blue Steel and SC as well. BBTS might be it for me for Striker or Gamma then. Since no B&N in the near future.

Awesome! Yeah and the good thing about BBTS is you can always cancel if you change your mind or find something before they get their stock.

Finally got a hold of Striker. Surprised there are so few of these, found it on Taobao for about $68 before shipping. I was hoping to catch some on ebay but i never saw them listed. Had it on PO at BBTS but i got tired of waiting. Now i just need Shades, Blue Steel, and Gamma.

Finally got a hold of Striker. Surprised there are so few of these, found it on Taobao for about $68 before shipping. I was hoping to catch some on ebay but i never saw them listed. Had it on PO at BBTS but i got tired of waiting. Now i just need Shades, Blue Steel, and Gamma.

That’s a pretty good price. Gamma and Striker are both available on eBay for around $100 shipped.

How is it?

Pretty good, has the same level of articulation as Silver Centurion, only accessories included are the effect parts. The hammer tips extend and retract. For the price I paid i think its good, at $130 its a hard pill to swallow. My favorite release from this line is still Igor.

I see on ebay that both the Striker and Gamma come from HK or China. I know most people say don't order from China but since Comicave Studios is out of HK is it safe to order from a China seller and not get a fake or bootleg if there are any?

I see on ebay that both the Striker and Gamma come from HK or China. I know most people say don't order from China but since Comicave Studios is out of HK is it safe to order from a China seller and not get a fake or bootleg if there are any?

I wouldn’t trust sellers with a low amount of feedback. There are several listings with feedback around 50....I would pass on those.

200+ feedback at 100% is pretty solid. I always check to see that they have successfully sold similarly priced items.

Also look for anything that says unbranded or China version (on Japanese releases)...those are bootlegs every time.

Back