Action Figure 1/12 Comicave Iron Man Super Alloy Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an e-mail from the US distributor Global Holdings that the Comicave 1/12 Hulkbuster was canceled...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hi there, I have also pre-order the 1/12 HB and have already asked my local distributor in Hong Kong whether the item would be cancelled by Comicave. The distributor also promises to ask comicave for any status update.

There still hasn't been an official announcement. Basically, the US distributor said it is no longer being manufactured and they are refunding my purchase (paid upfront).

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

They recently cancelled a few upcoming 1/12 figures so I'd say so. They claim Hulkbuster is still coming out; if it does that will be the last one in the line. But I'm not holding my breath.

I think the line is dead, I just wish they would have produced Midas the prototype looked really good.

So Gamma and Striker are out... I guess they were only made in 1000pcs each, and are not available through US distributors anymore?

19029637_427175167669138_4205268523132181772_n.jpg
19025110_427175241002464_2396061143930613460_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ComicaveStudios/

Also, Hulkbuster still seems to be a go, according to their Facebook. Man, wish this line would keep going. Are these the last figures to drop?

Gamma and Striker are both listed on bbts.

Yeah I just POd Hulkbuster with them haha. I messaged Comicave on Facebook to see if there was any update since the last post they did in April about it. Did the earlier releases have limited runs as well? Or is this just after they don't have the deal with Global Holdings anymore? I know I'm late to the party, just decided to take the plunge yesterday :rotfl

Yeah I just POd Hulkbuster with them haha. I messaged Comicave on Facebook to see if there was any update since the last post they did in April about it. Did the earlier releases have limited runs as well? Or is this just after they don't have the deal with Global Holdings anymore? I know I'm late to the party, just decided to take the plunge yesterday :rotfl

I don't think other releases have been limited to 1000 pieces. I think it's most likely due to low sales. I think it's tough to sell 1/12 scale in large quantities when they retail for $125+.

really wish this line would survive. or at least release the cancelled armors as one last hoorah before dying. recently purchased the Shades and Shotgun armor for $80 total. Used but great condition. Great figures. Gamma and Striker looks great but I'll wait for it to be under $100. Hopefully HB releases as well. Still need Blue Steel/Silver Centurion - waiting for those to hit Barnes and Nobles in my area.

I reached out to Comicave on Facebook and they eventually responded. Specifically asking about the cancelled Starboost, Midas, smd Mk 7, they said the following:

"Hi, thank you for getting in touch. We are looking into the possibility, but nothing is confirmed at the moment"

I wrote back immediately and told them we all wanted every piece of armor that was shown as prototypes (my favorite is Hammerhead, Mk 37) and they said this:

"Thank you so much for your support. Please understand that we can't confirm on it at the moment, as this is still an initial discussion. Hopefully we don't get your hopes up in the event that we are unable to move forward on them.

We really appreciate the support from you and your friends! Will pass on these comments to the team 🙂"

So obviously not a whole lot of info, but it's slightly encouraging haha. Maybe everyone on the thread should FB message them too 😂

Back