1:1 SSE Nosferatu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm passing also, he's one of my favorites to. But the Edition is way too high, and a extra $50.00 for what? I thought the prices on the SSE were higher because of the low editions, but this edition is the same as the exclusive. Ripoff. I'm done with this line, I have to start cutting back, to much other stuff. I was 3 for 3 in this line. I think I'm going to sell the others and concentrate on SW PF's and LOTR stuff.

I'm a horror fan, but the hobby has grown so much that I have to feel happy about a purchase, is it worth it. With this I'm not. Yes its a great bust, but there's alot of things that are great that I can't afford, and this is not worth it, its never going to hold its value. I can't purchase something knowing I'm getting Ripped Off, no matter how good it is, especially when I'm collecting other stuff.

...this is not worth it, its never going to hold its value. I can't purchase something knowing I'm getting Ripped Off, no matter how good it is, especially when I'm collecting other stuff.

I think that is totally unfair to Sideshow; to say you are getting "ripped off" because something won't hold it's value. Collectible companies make products for collectors that they can sell to make money as a business. No company I know of guarantees their products will go up in value. Yes, the companies like it when the secondary market value rises and there is a "buzz" about their product, but to say you are getting ripped off implies Sideshow is purposely doing it to you in some way. It is very simple... they make a product, we buy the product. As you have stated, you're through with this line; that is the way it is supposed to work. You no longer want to buy the product, no one is forcing you to.

...yes Nick, I ordered one for now... but I haven't even gotten the color one yet so who knows what will happen by the time it ships! :monkey2

TOE & Lonnie Did you guys get one? I hope so.:D I had to pass this one up. My money must be saved for the Karloff items!:frank:mummy

I did buddy. I just hope that I have enough money by the time it comes in. Hope for tax refund to help me out :)

I think that is totally unfair to Sideshow; to say you are getting "ripped off" because something won't hold it's value. Collectible companies make products for collectors that they can sell to make money as a business. No company I know of guarantees their products will go up in value. Yes, the companies like it when the secondary market value rises and there is a "buzz" about their product, but to say you are getting ripped off implies Sideshow is purposely doing it to you in some way. It is very simple... they make a product, we buy the product. As you have stated, you're through with this line; that is the way it is supposed to work. You no longer want to buy the product, no one is forcing you to.

...yes Nick, I ordered one for now... but I haven't even gotten the color one yet so who knows what will happen by the time it ships! :monkey2

Why the increase in price??? And I want to buy the product, just like I would like a nice car, but not when I feel its overpriced and it can be found alot cheaper. I know the story you buy because you like it, price dosen't matter, but thats changing, and at $500.00 and alot of other great products this is a bad buy. I'm a big Vamp fan also so its not about flipping I just feel its priced too high with that edition. It already lost value, so I feel I'm being ripped off.

Some Comparison shots

29241_press02-001.jpg
29243_press01-001.jpg

2924_press02-001.jpg
29243_press05-001.jpg

I really want one of these.
Im an SSE only guy and Nos is my favorite of all the monster.

Just cant justify the cost of the 1:1 busts though.

maybe someday I can pick this up..... :monkey2

Why the increase in price??? And I want to buy the product, just like I would like a nice car, but not when I feel its overpriced and it can be found alot cheaper. I know the story you buy because you like it, price dosen't matter, but thats changing, and at $500.00 and alot of other great products this is a bad buy. I'm a big Vamp fan also so its not about flipping I just feel its priced too high with that edition. It already lost value, so I feel I'm being ripped off.

That I can't answer... might be increases at the China factory. I heard on NPR that Chinese factories have been charging more and increasing wages across the board, and those increases get passed on to the consumer.

This just in...

NOW SHIPPING MID/LATE FEB!!!!! OH CRAP!!!

From the product page...

This item is arriving sooner than anticipated, therefore will begin shipping around February 20th, 2008.

At least they gave us a couple of weeks to budget, and for that I am thankful... still not enough time so I may have to cancel and get him down the road.

Last edited:
SSE looks soooo much better! But why does it have a different hat and jacket? I thought it was only the color that they changed.

SSE looks soooo much better! But why does it have a different hat and jacket? I thought it was only the color that they changed.

They have to use different materials for the SSE effect, but they should be pretty much identical as far as cut and tailoring. It is probably just the lighting, pictures and "arrangement" that make them look different.

They have to use different materials for the SSE effect, but they should be pretty much identical as far as cut and tailoring. It is probably just the lighting, pictures and "arrangement" that make them look different.

Oh I know light plays a huge role here. But if you look at the bottom of the jacket, it is longer on the SSE.

Back