1/1 Bruce Lee Bust (wip)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, a lot of people love to backseat drive instead of offering a solution of their own.

If Linda gave you the thumbs up, then there is no more debate...period. She knew the man better than anyone.

Looks great, keep it up.

Estimated shipping date: Q4 2010
Does anyone have any information about the new shipping period.

Waiting sucks :monkey2

Wonder what's holding up the production process.. The paint app had better be spot on!

HCG changed the estimated ship date to Q2.

I hope it makes it before my wife's birthday which is the end of june.

The CR Supes looks great, but Bruce Lee? Honestly I think its a very wrong choice of reference. The reference pic used is one of those in which Bruce Lee himself looks weird, i cant blame Bobby for the likeness, as he did a great job with the reference he took, But the true master on Bruce Lee sculpts is still Arnie Kim, hes just perfected it at every scale possible at the moment... as for Linda giving the go ahead. Thats because she's no nitpicker fan like us. Shes happy that her late husband is being represented... thats it. Howelese do you explain that PF and cinemaquette and worst of all that madame tussauds statue being sanctioned and unveiled by Shannon etc etc! Not hating on such hard work, but honestly... thats Bruce Lee only if you convice yourself... But The CR supes is impeccable...

Hi Guys the likeness is much more stronger then the pictures posted, i did some major revamp on him after the initial publicity shots went out.
Nash I Love criticism, but you need manors when doing it.
try taking a small piece of clay and making a ball, let alone a likenss of someone that you have never met, only by pictures.
Linda Lee, Loves the piece. and that is very important to me.

You know what before I read this I was going to say Nash is one of my better friends on here, and I know he's very hard on some of your sculpts. Having said that, he has no business being that way since he can't even come close. It's still a great piece. Something most can not even come close to touching. I can illustrate BL photo realistically, but sculpt... maybe in Zbrush. Even then...

Bravo! Love it bud.

The CR Supes looks great, but Bruce Lee? Honestly I think its a very wrong choice of reference. The reference pic used is one of those in which Bruce Lee himself looks weird, i cant blame Bobby for the likeness, as he did a great job with the reference he took, But the true master on Bruce Lee sculpts is still Arnie Kim, hes just perfected it at every scale possible at the moment... as for Linda giving the go ahead. Thats because she's no nitpicker fan like us. Shes happy that her late husband is being represented... thats it. Howelese do you explain that PF and cinemaquette and worst of all that madame tussauds statue being sanctioned and unveiled by Shannon etc etc! Not hating on such hard work, but honestly... thats Bruce Lee only if you convice yourself... But The CR supes is impeccable...
:exactly:Couldn't of said it better.:wink1:

I didn't reply to the above.

Bobby did a great job indeed and I hope it will show in the end.
I can't recall Arnie Kim doing a 1:1 Bruce. I hope one day he does, but I doubt it.
So comparing Arnie and Bobby isn't really fair.

Christopher Reeve also looks good, but we have no idea how the finished product will look like.

Anyway, it seems Bruce is coming soon. Payments are being made already :)

I didn't reply to the above.

Bobby did a great job indeed and I hope it will show in the end.
I can't recall Arnie Kim doing a 1:1 Bruce. I hope one day he does, but I doubt it.
So comparing Arnie and Bobby isn't really fair.

Christopher Reeve also looks good, but we have no idea how the finished product will look like.

Anyway, it seems Bruce is coming soon. Payments are being made already :)

Arnie's recent unbelievably lifelike Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee sculpt was 1:4 . Some of us asked Arnie if he would release the sculpt with HT maybe in the future or what his plans are when sculpting BL. Arnie said he will always try to get more Bruce Lee from HT but now as his personal projects he wants to dabble more in 1:4, 1:2 and 1:1 Bruce Lee sculpts...

Which is great news for us Bruce Lee fans...

Arnie's recent unbelievably lifelike Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee sculpt was 1:4 . Some of us asked Arnie if he would release the sculpt with HT maybe in the future or what his plans are when sculpting BL. Arnie said he will always try to get more Bruce Lee from HT but now as his personal projects he wants to dabble more in 1:4, 1:2 and 1:1 Bruce Lee sculpts...

Which is great news for us Bruce Lee fans...

That's good news, not really feeling this particular piece tbh.

Hey Socko let me ask you what if it doesn't show in the end?Then what?^_^

Then my wife will stilll be happy she got a 1:1 Bruce Lee bust and a 1:4 bust by Arnie Kim :)

If there were more busts out there I'd buy them for her, but so far this is the only one I've found for sale.

Well this item is in stock at BBTS, so for those who ordered, you should have it in soon.

From in hand pics over at statueforum, the sculpt still is phenomenal, but the paint didn't turn out so well. It's too clean, it looks just like a mannequin at a clothing store. Very lifeless.

I have it in transit on the way to me but truthfully im thinkiing about rejecting the delivery as I am very underwhelmed by the paintjob.

We need more in-hand pics of this bust ASAP. Im not too impressed with the flat factory paint job so far. Wish it was painted better.

Back