【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Sold a vintage Collection lot on eBay with the skiff & the guards. The buyer had 0 feedback & it took him over a month to file a complaint about the skiff not standing properly. I sent eBay photos showing it was in perfect shape when I shipped & the landing gears were closed inside the skiff during shipping so it couldn’t have been damaged during shipping. Of course eBay sided with the 0 feedback buyer & I can no longer have confidence selling anything on eBay. Screw them. Back to the thread, this looks great but I’m glad I already have the first one.

Yeah it’s crazy sometimes how they decide these cases. My worst case was just a crazy mess. I sold a high grade CGC (9.8) hulk 181 some years ago. The buyer filed a claim he didn’t receive it two days after I shipped it, even though it was shipped on a Saturday and Monday was a holiday. eBay froze the funds, which o can understand sorta. It was a fair amount of cash. Well a few days later when it arrived he claimed it was a fake/knockoff and within a few hours eBay sides with the buyer and told him to destroy and provide proof (like Sideshow does) of it being destroyed and he would get refunded. So he sent hem a video of a fire with something in it. You couldn’t tell what it was. Anyway they refunded him. I was pissed. I called Paypal and eBay and submitted proof (the cgc serial number and photos and the receipt from cgc from when I got it graded) that it was a legit item. But since they had told him to destroy it already they said I was pretty much out of luck. So I hired a lawyer and sued them and the buyer. Given what he had done I knew he didn’t destroy a 20k dollar comic when he knew it was real. After a couple years of motions and crap we found out he was trying to resell the comic on another forum. So called the cops and eventually I got the comic back and settled with eBay when I had proof. There’s a few other litttle things that happens but you get the general idea. Was a bit of a mess and I was pissed for a couple years about it. But now it just makes me laugh..mostly. Lol

Yeah it’s crazy sometimes how they decide these cases. My worst case was just a crazy mess. I sold a high grade CGC (9.8) hulk 181 some years ago. The buyer filed a claim he didn’t receive it two days after I shipped it, even though it was shipped on a Saturday and Monday was a holiday. eBay froze the funds, which o can understand sorta. It was a fair amount of cash. Well a few days later when it arrived he claimed it was a fake/knockoff and within a few hours eBay sides with the buyer and told him to destroy and provide proof (like Sideshow does) of it being destroyed and he would get refunded. So he sent hem a video of a fire with something in it. You couldn’t tell what it was. Anyway they refunded him. I was pissed. I called Paypal and eBay and submitted proof (the cgc serial number and photos and the receipt from cgc from when I got it graded) that it was a legit item. But since they had told him to destroy it already they said I was pretty much out of luck. So I hired a lawyer and sued them and the buyer. Given what he had done I knew he didn’t destroy a 20k dollar comic when he knew it was real. After a couple years of motions and crap we found out he was trying to resell the comic on another forum. So called the cops and eventually I got the comic back and settled with eBay when I had proof. There’s a few other litttle things that happens but you get the general idea. Was a bit of a mess and I was pissed for a couple years about it. But now it just makes me laugh..mostly. Lol

Holy ****....

Aaaaand the scalpers 600$ old figure just plummeted to 200$ New ones wayyy better. Hair was too poofy on the first. Reason I sold it. Hair is perfect on this one likeness better too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievable! Do you still sell on eBay? With it being years after the eBay case, did eBay agree to remove any negative impact on your account?

I closed my eBay account after the initial issues. I started reselling last year or so.

Aaaaand the scalpers 600$ old figure just plummeted to 200$ New ones wayyy better. Hair was too poofy on the first. Reason I sold it. Hair is perfect on this one likeness better too.

Not really scalping. The figure was readily available for months. It's not like they bought all of limited item just to flip them. They were selling at what the market demanded.

Hmm, now that I'm finally getting one of these I'm taking another look at that Xensation Ancient One figure, and it does look pretty darn good for the price....

Hmm, now that I'm finally getting one of these I'm taking another look at that Xensation Ancient One figure, and it does look pretty darn good for the price....

For a 3rd party figure it's actually pretty nice. I like both the Xensation offerings.

preordered from SS! not taking any chances with this one :p

That HS looks much better than the first one. Don't think it's enough to make me sell my first one and upgrade though.

Ordered from SSC, really digging this one.

Thanks also to all the scalpers who hogged all the bbts preorders, i literally just saw it and it's already sold out. Kinda ridiculous.

Went ahead and ordered this and Iron Spider at the same time. Looking forward to displaying the trio of Avengers of "Team Titan" together... in about 15 months. :impatient:

Thanks also to all the scalpers who hogged all the bbts preorders, i literally just saw it and it's already sold out. Kinda ridiculous.

I don't think it's scalpers. I think SS might have been cutting stock to BBTS as well as more people choosing to order from BBTS since their shipping is cheaper and they have no NRD.

Doesn't mean they necessarily went to scalpers. BBTS seems to be getting smaller batches of HT figures lately and demand has definitely gone up with IW.

If there are people buying a ton of these for their potential resale value I have a feeling they're going to end up being disappointed.

I ordered him too. I was kicking myself for selling the old one recently. lol

Doesn't mean they necessarily went to scalpers. BBTS seems to be getting smaller batches of HT figures lately and demand has definitely gone up with IW.

If there are people buying a ton of these for their potential resale value I have a feeling they're going to end up being disappointed.

Yeah and given multiple people here alone posted they ordered from BBTS at least a part of the orders where not scalpers.

That story should be enough to dissuade anyone from selling on eBay ever again. I certainly never will. Glad you eventually got things sorted out.

Thanks. Yeah it can be scary. But they have gotten better on some things. Part of our settlement was that they update and change their counterfeit policy’s. I didn’t get any money in the settlement as all I wanted was either the money back or the comic and I got the comic so I settled with them promising to fix their ****. Lol during the suit and discovery stuff we found dozens of other people who had had similar experiences, some with much more valuable stuff.

Last edited:

This sold out at BBTS as fast as DP 2 did :horror

Back