‘The Circle is now Complete’ Diorama - Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
circle_o.jpg

Vader: "Hey come back here, you! I'm not done with you yet."

:lol

Thanks for the pictures, Dave. Looks like a great dio! :duff

Now that you can see both options in the context of home display, I really think the backdrop is key in this piece, the base just doesn't feel like enough context for them without it. The Duel of the Fates dio works fine with a simpler base but there are 3 duelers plus their poses are more dynamic. Where this one is just the two standing there, I think the backdrop is important to filling out the scene.

circle_p2.jpg

circle_w.jpg

By the way Dave, is it safely possible to pose them like this long term or just enough for the shot?

circle10.jpg

I assume they both have foot pegs to go on the base so you'd have to have the peg out to pose them this way.

There are two pegs embedded into the base for each figure. You could pose them that way, but you'll have a peg out in the open for each figure.

The figures do stand on their own very well, without the need for the pegs.

I have a question. Why would they choose to paint the helmet this way? Is there a precedent for this, or were they just trying to be artistic?

helmet.jpg

I really don't understand anyone saying they're short people in costume. I guess it's one of those optical illusions that you have to shift perspective completely to see. They are both crouched, but it looks perfectly natural.

And I would agree that the backdrop makes the scene.

Thanks MF! I figured someone would have an answer. I didn't think it was just random artistry.

No biggy, I really had no idea about it until I started buying more of the higher end Vader stuff that paid attention to such a thing, like the Riddel mini helmet and Medicom's Vader figure. I really find that in the movies, you can't tell, on collectibles it can look more obvious, like the Riddel helmet, it looks a little goofy. Sideshow's figure looks great though, it's 2 tone but it looks more like the movie and just highlights and shadows, unless you do a flash photo like I posted. I assume even this dio blends pretty well and just happens to be noticable if you really check it out.

It was done to help hide reflections in the armour from showing up and help shoe the features on an all black helmet better on film

It's amazing how some pics can change one's perspective on a piece. Great shots, Masterside!

When looking at the figures straight on, they seem better proportioned than when looking at them from the side (or in the VS stance like we typically see in dio pics).

Back