‘The Circle is now Complete’ Diorama - Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#34 in da house.

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

Have to agree... the backdrop (which I initially thought was so-so) is really great looking!

I wish the Rancor Dio had turned out as nice :monkey2

Probably wouldn't enhance the dioarams as much as 1/6 figures and PFs, the blades are so small, lit at scale they'd probably hardly glow and they might even have to scale them up to light them which wouldn't look good.

Sideshow made one mistake... The belt Buckle of Vader needs to be reversed. The Arrow has to be on the left side.:duh
This is the Second time they made this mistake :monkey2 (first time was with the "Diplomatic Mission Diorama")

What's the purpose of that arrow belt buckle?
Does it actually do anything for vader other than hold up his pants??

:D

Sideshow made one mistake... The belt Buckle of Vader needs to be reversed. The Arrow has to be on the left side.:duh
This is the Second time they made this mistake :monkey2 (first time was with the "Diplomatic Mission Diorama")

Ah, but weren't there a bunch of shots in this scene where Lucas flipped the frame? So the buckle is correct - from a certain point of view...

I think this came out looking really nice and the background really does add that something extra to it.

Congrats to everyone who received it! :rock

Um...did these feel really light to anyone else? I was a bit surprised when I took them out of the box. Vader's cape felt like plastic, which I don't really understand since Dooku's cape is poly.

Also, my Vader's feet aren't flush to the base of the dio and neither is the door frame on that side. Anyone else have that?

Hmmm... Maybe there's something different they're mixing into the poly solution making it feel more plasticky.

Last edited:
Been going through the thread, yet can find the Faux bronze for this diorama..

Anyway review? I have the Diplomatic Mission FB, and was considering getting this Circle is now Complete Diorama FB.... Please share your thoughts

I recieved this piece today and I wasn't quite as blown away as I had hoped to be.

Maybe it's that the sabers don't clash together, and there's a big gap between them which is very visible from other angles, or that Vader and Obi-Wan felt a bit light and plasticy. Or perhaps it's that my Obi-Wan has 'sideshow eye', and my Vader's saber hilt wasn't drilled out properly, so I had to ever-so-carefully twist-push the metal rod of the Saber until it finally went in. Perhaps it's that in not showing Obi-Wan's legs or feet at all, you get this odd proportional effect, which is more optical illusion than actual mistake, but still looks ever so slightly off regardless. Or maybe it's that Obi-Wan has this great likeness (minus sideshow eye) but once set up it becomes 'lost' and hard to see...which isn't Sideshow's fault mind you, but anyway...

For representing such an iconic scene from such an iconic film it just doesn't quite carry the visual power that I'd hoped for from the piece. I'm not sorry I got it, but I don't love it as much as I expected to. Maybe it'll grow on me though...

EDIT - I just realised what it is that's really been bugging me the most about this piece, it's that Obi-Wan isn't even remotely looking at Vader, he's looking way out wide of his left shoulder...

Last edited:
Even though i don't own this diorama (yet) i saw it at a friend's house and had the chance to inspect it in detail. I think there are 2 huge problems which takes away some of the dynamic elements.

the first one might sound very irrelevant to many of you, but if you practise any martial art, you would know that when you are holding any sword (and in the case of OT lightsaber duels, Lucas formed the basis on a samurai sword fighting tecnique known as iaido) your hands should always be on your 'center' that is to say, if you imagine the invisible line that goes vertically from the tip of your head to your feet, it is centered between your eyes and the middle of your nose, that is always where you keep your hands and your sword.. in a stance, you do not leave your center open.. Obi Wan has both hands and lightsaber out of that center, which makes it look very awkward, or in other words, an untrained fighter..

the second one is, Obi Wan's lightsaber is done so badly.. i really do not understand why.. i am not just talking about the colors, but the emitter is so thick and fat, it looks like a toy.. if this is about the metal rod that is supposed to go in there, couldn't they think of a better solution than playing with the non uniform scale of the lightsaber?

overall, i LOVE this piece and will try to get one.. but these 2 problems are just my humble thoughts...

welcome to the forum and great to hear other people's views. I own both versions of this dio and love it.

Back