‘Dark Council’ - The Theoden and Grima Wormtongue Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this dio, it would be nice to see Grimas baggy eyes fixed. I like the non action poses better. A little tweaking and this could be great.

I like it. The likenesses aren't perfect - Grima especially I think - but they're not awful. I really like the scene chosen, and the detail on the throne looks great. I admit I will be hoping for a later dio that has Theoden in armour, because I like the idea of displaying it with this one. But I will be picking this one up.

I sort of don't like the feel of this one after seeing it up on sideshows website I don't know why it just seems empty looking at Theoden and Wormtounge in the middle of a square base

Indeed, it is very nice from the rear...

0000004453_20060919223610.jpg

"That's what she said..."

This is an interesting choice and the profile looks good, but I would rather get the Gandalf/Saruman or Helm's Deep piece.

I think the likenesses are a lot better than many of the SSW pieces.

Not true, at least not for Grima. Both the bust and the statue looked WAY better than this thing. :lecture

The throne looks awesome, I love the choice of scene. I'm not impressed with Grima's or Theoden's face at all. Maybe it's the pictures, I dunno. But I'm not gonna risk it for that price.

Not true, at least not for Grima. Both the bust and the statue looked WAY better than this thing. :lecture

The throne looks awesome, I love the choice of scene. I'm not impressed with Grima's or Theoden's face at all. Maybe it's the pictures, I dunno. But I'm not gonna risk it for that price.

I agree the SSW Grima looks very good in the likeness department but this thing still is pretty cool besides the fact of the off likeness. The beauty with these dios though is the intricate bases and surronding such as this throne. The arm rests look mindblowing!:google

I've just ordered using flex pay! Am biiiiig fan of Theoden!! Hopefully, they'll sort Grima's fizzog by the time they ship :google:google

TC :joy:joy

Glad I passed even after looking over the pics last night. Just not feeling this one. Congrats to those that like it.

Hmm, shame there's no banners in the background. Saw that first pic and thought 'oh. Is that it?' But the profile photo looks good. Nice throne! I think I'm swaying to ordering, as actually the absence of banners make the characters stand out more, representing Isengards hold over Rohan. Bet it's a low ES too!

Hmm, shame there's no banners in the background. Saw that first pic and thought 'oh. Is that it?' But the profile photo looks good. Nice throne! I think I'm swaying to ordering, as actually the absence of banners make the characters stand out more, representing Isengards hold over Rohan. Bet it's a low ES too![/QUOTE]

Agreed, though not for the right reason's. I must admit it has grown on me a bit, though I think the throne should have been painted more intricately, definitely with more than what looks to be two colors. I will probably cave sometime down the road and add it to my collection, if I can get one for $150or less.

Back