‘Dark Council’ - The Theoden and Grima Wormtongue Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likenesses may not be perfect, but I'm thrilled to have this piece. Further proof that anythings possible in the diorama line. I'm lovin it. And now I can safely put the Grima statue next to Saruman without thinking, "damn, he sould be in the Rohan section!"

It's not one I'll get but I must say that I'm quite impressed by the choice. I would never imagine that as being a dio choice (thus it was a nice surprise). I can't wait to see what the next one will be.

Its sad Sideshow can't get decent likenesses in this scale when NECA and McFarlane can. Neat idea for a dio, but the lack of likenesses really kills the set. It would be cool if this was a HUGE dio and it had GTG/W in it.

SS has had good likenesses in this scale Aragorn, Frodo, Gollum, GTG, Saruman are all pretty darn good likenesses. These two however are not really.

i think this dio is essential to the lotr story. grima controlling rohan from commands directed by saruman. theoden possessed into siding with sauron took away an important allegiance for the survival of man. idea was great! likenesses not so much. :(

I think the sculpts are well done but Possessed Theoden is not something I would like immortalized in polystone in my collection.

The Eagle vs Fell Beast piece appears to be headed to Grail status by default.

hmmmmm.....undecided whether to get. Liking the idea LOTS; am having trouble with likenesses....especially Grima. Theoden is just a tad off, but in his crazed state, it would be acceptable. But Grima is a potential stopper for me.

I like the idea of this – it makes a nice change to have a non-fight scene as a dio. Not that I don't love the various duels, but it'll be cool to have something different to go with them. This was a great scene and it gets me hopeful that other non-fight scenes might also get made in dio form. I admit, I think I would like it better if it had Gandalf as well, about to do his reveal, but this is cool too. I do hope we might get a dio with Theoden in armour somewhere down the line, though.

the likeness isn't dead on for grima but this is a brave option for a dio and that's worth respect and money!

Nice concept and good to change it up from a battle scene but not sure about the likeness HOWEVER we do need to see more angles and more pictures I think! What I like about this dio is not so much the dio itself but the fact that they are going a little more obscure if thats the right word with their dio representations meaning there could be some very interesting ones to come yet. :D

I think this looks pretty cool and is somewhat of a nice change in the dio line. I like Grima's likeness better than Theoden's but I am sure the base will look very nice. I will be picking it up for sure.

Interesting idea but like most of u guys the likeness just doesn't cut it for me to even consider buying.

Last edited:
Not impressed at all, especially with the likenesses. Theoden is one of my favorite characters, but he needs the PF treatment.

I really like the choice of making a dio of this scene. It's maybe a bit too early to make a definite judgement on the likeness, although I'm not enthusiastic about it yet. Not something I would buy, as far as I can see now. Which is kinda good, as I'm running out of space anyway ;).

Not impressed at all, especially with the likenesses. Theoden is one of my favorite characters, but he needs the PF treatment.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Sorry... good idea, terrible dio. The likenesses are awful, esp. Theoden. Anyone thinking of buying this should save their money and wait...you'll easily be able to get it for half price down the road.

ttt0517.jpg

Back