Pick the Best Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will win best picture?

• The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Frost/Nixon

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Milk

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • The Reader

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slumdog Millionaire

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With all the hype around Slumdog Millionaire, I see it winning. It probably isn't the best movie, but hype matters more than anything else with the Oscars.

Actually I think Slumdog will win and of those 5 is probably the best film.

The Reader? I knew Harvey Weinstein was powerful - but that's just ridiculous.

Wow. I am surprised to hear people bashing The Reader. Other than Benjamin Button, it's the only other one on the list I want to see.

Wow. I am surprised to hear people bashing The Reader. Other than Benjamin Button, it's the only other one on the list I want to see.

Having seen them, IMO The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is the film that does not belong (by far). Good movie with great effects, but just not in the same league as the others. Slumdog is the best film out of those 5, but to rank them I would go:

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. Frost/Nixon
3. Milk
4. The Reader
5. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

The Wrestler not being on there is a travesty.

That's what I've been saying all day.

It's average at best. In no way shape or form is it top 5 material, especially in the directors category. Hell the critics don't even really like it. It's sitting at 60% at rottentomatoes and that's about how I'd score it as well.

I didn't see any of these films and didn't want too. I saw previews of Slumlord and it didn't look good at all.

I didn't see any of these films and didn't want too. I saw previews of Slumlord and it didn't look good at all.

:lol it's Slumdog, and yea a lot of these films have an indy kind of feel and the previews don't do them justice. Slumdog is a great film though, albeit not for everyone.

I have yet to see any of them, but Case of Benjamin seems interesting but can't say who will win, but by looks of things and reading in the news, it might be Slumdog. In any case, I'm surprised Dark Knight is not in there when it was easily the best movie of the year. The Benjamin Case gets nominated even though its sci-fi, but Batman doesn't!? What kind of a logic is that?

Back