Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #13 Jodie Whittaker Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatDarnGamer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Big Chief on Twitter have confirmed they will be making a Thirteenth Doctor figure :hi5::hi5: When do you guys estimate she'll be announced? I'm hoping she's announced around July next year with a early 2019 release date.

Only concern I have is that BCS hasn't exactly had the greatest track record with female figures. The production Amy was awful and Rose isn't really looking so hot either. The Clara proto looks fantastic, but who knows what the final version of that will look like.

Hopefully they'll get it right though, because I'd love to have her displayed along with my others. :)

Only concern I have is that BCS hasn't exactly had the greatest track record with female figures. The production Amy was awful and Rose isn't really looking so hot either. The Clara proto looks fantastic, but who knows what the final version of that will look like.

Hopefully they'll get it right though, because I'd love to have her displayed along with my others. :)

I imagine they'll revamp the way they make female figures seeing as how this one is the Doctor, she's a more important character to get right than Rose and Clara.

Depends on a lot of things, like whether it's a sculpt or a digital scan, when the new Doctor's look is decided, and when licensees will have access to promotional and production imagery, and so on.

If it's a digital sculpt, they'll be waiting in a queue for a spot in her busy schedule to get the scanning done. If it's a physical sculpt, they could start at any time. Last I heard filming doesn't start until early in the new year, so it could be quite a wait on being able to get started on the outfit, and who knows ultimately how easy or difficult that will be to achieve once they do start.

Big Chief might want to shoot for as close to the new series launch as possible to maximise hype and potential pre-order sales, but the earlier they go the less they will have to draw on in terms of possible accessories and any potential exclusive pack in items. So unless they are willing to put up something for sale with 'additional accessories pending' or some such, I'd guess they wouldn't launch until end of series at the earliest, or perhaps more likely, during the run up to next year's Christmas special (presuming that is still a thing).

Of course that's all just speculation on my part, and Big Chief's actual choices aren't always, let's be kind and say, predictable. So we'll just have to wait and see really.

I don't think we'll get her until after the new year honestly, even previewed. The arrival I'm sure will be sometime into 2019. They might do a Smith/Capaldi idea deal where they offer her head along with a new Capaldi but given that he is 6'0" and she is 5'6" that may not fly :lol

They did confirm that they're making her but I have a feeling they'll wait until her first full fledged season, get whatever costuming seems to be her "go-to" and offer it up as a standard release. Billie Piper is 5'5" so she just might be on the Rose body especially if the boots are her mainstay shoe which allows for a little extra height.

Have they still not released Clara yet? That went up for pre-order what seems like ages ago.

As much as I love the show I don't have any Dr Who figures yet. Not been convinced by the quality of the sculpts, hopefully Big Chief do something to change my mind soon. Their Bond prototypes look like a step in the right direction at least.

BCS are taking the proverbial with the delays on Clara and Rose and Mr. Hurt.
All scheduled for release months ago. Paid in full in March, April and August of 2016.

I'm dissaponted, but still hopeful of decent figures sometime, maybe this year.

The fact I paid in full for Clara and still haven't received her has sullied me a bit on BCS products. I didn't follow into Sherlock or Bond and will probably only buy the new Who Doctors and maybe villains if they ever get there. I'm hoping that Sideshow will carry anything new from Who as well so I can go there, I'm not all that in love with the way BCS is conducting themselves. The only real benefit is the two day international shipping but past that it's difficult to get straight answers from them even via email.

This is one 'Doctor' that I will never purchase.

Don't be that way, at least wait until she's been on screen before you judge her. Jodie Whittaker is a brilliant actress and I'm certain she'll be amazing in the role.

The fact I paid in full for Clara and still haven't received her has sullied me a bit on BCS products. I didn't follow into Sherlock or Bond and will probably only buy the new Who Doctors and maybe villains if they ever get there. I'm hoping that Sideshow will carry anything new from Who as well so I can go there, I'm not all that in love with the way BCS is conducting themselves. The only real benefit is the two day international shipping but past that it's difficult to get straight answers from them even via email.

I'm amazed they've not released Clara yet. I don't think I'd get any of the other companions but was tempted by that one just because it's Jenna Coleman. :lol

This is one 'Doctor' that I will never purchase.
sticker,220x200-bg,ffffff-pad,220x200,ffffff.u1.jpg

My main worry about the possibility of this figure is Big Chief's known QC issues (and that's as someone who threw caution to the wind and PO'd Eight). The only female figure that's come to production yet is still shelf-warming in their warehouse since it ended up looking nothing like the prototype, we still haven't seen hide nor hair of Clara, and the Rose prototype... Well that squirrelly thing is best forgotten.

In terms of 13 - I hope the show will thrive under the new showrunner and that the scripts she gets given are up to par.

Actually Amy Pond is sold out now. I'm eager to see how the 2 female figures turn out that are coming. And as for a female Doctor, bring it on. She was awesome in Broadchurch.

Back