QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it ever stated if Raylan Givens is canceled? Was really looking forward to it.

In the QMX question and answer post a little while back, they said Raylan was not going forward because interest had waned since the show was over. That's a bummer because I was really looking forward to that one, too.

Huh, sounds like they're really going to go forward with a TMP Kirk next year. It's awesome news and I'll definitely be getting one, I just didn't think it would be a movie QMX would be interested in doing anything with. The new sculpt looks fantastic though, and seems like it would work just as well for TWOK (even if his hair was a bit poofier in that movie).

44930454_2241058482807212_6401411496399601664_n.jpg

_20180828_002809.JPG
I wasn't expecting anything for the 40th Anniversary so I'm really pleased, although an Ilia probe would also be amazing. I've always wanted a set of TMP figures since the days of Mego. I commissioned the head of a TMP character I was certain Qmx would not make so Kirk will have at least one crew member to accompany him.

I stopped buying clothes for myself years ago so I can afford this hobby. I stopped short of homelessness because I need an actual place to house my collection.

I have been saving for a mortgage and my fund has not moved in the two years since I started collecting. At least I'm not going backwards yet. I need to buy a house to have a place to display them with my Polar Lights Enterprise.

Great sculpt. It's interesting that they'll be making (at least one) TMP figures. Didn't expect this at all. Kirk's two-tone admiral uniform is iconic. I wouldn't mind at least a TMP Spock too, of course.

TMP Spock when he first boards the Enterprise:

9fecf26fcde14617d31b0cc68549a560.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That version of TMP Spock is extremely iconic, but also speaks to the fact that the character has evolved.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the uniform versions, but something different in the mix would be great.

Humble to the last. That's why you rock!
I rather serve than be served. Not only it makes life beautiful, I can influence the outcome because severing is an action, being served is an reaction [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Damn Nanjin, that's just criminal. Collectors who really care owe you a debt of gratitude. I hope that a windfall of fortune comes your way somehow in the future.
If the figures can bring a smile to your face and if they can remind you of who you once was, you have repaid all my work. [emoji4]

My fortune is seeing people with a smile.

That sounds fantastic and it’s great that Trek fans with the funds and space will be able to buy these variants. Personally speaking I simply don’t have enough room in my house for multiples of the same character so would really appreciate the opportunity to purchase an accessory pack for the figures I do have (variant costumes, headsculpts etc)...
My suggestion is to change your display every now and then. I myself doesnt like to see the figures standing around, reminded me of the time when my teacher told me to stand at the corner.

Try that, rotate you figures for display. I used to do this every 15th and 30th of the month.

you are always out track hero Nanjin (among other characters on the market too by the way ;) We appreciate all you do to make Trek a reality, its already been a lot more than a 5 year mission that's for sure haha
heading to 10 years [emoji4]

It looked like Nanjin was still tweaking the sculpt on the Beyond Kirk, so there's a chance it might still be released. Although if we ever do see him, I'm guessing he'll just be in a regular uniform instead of that super complex away outfit.

Personally I would love to have both.
I want to move beyond TShirts and plain outfit. I want to do some high tech look Trek figures.

Nanjin,

We all respect you and your work. You have obviously put your heart and your soul into every project that you do, and it is greatly appreciated by all of us.

Since your going to do TMP 1/6th scale figures, and bring us all back to our childhoods, that kind of makes you a Creator, so please remember one thing:

“The Creator must join with V’ger.”

41483052ad068d7415bb5c9d216c342e.jpg

711fbf95329dfa1070a42e95d84366f4.jpg

81366333ec545d57097f96796fb381e3.jpg

They are never going to do all the crews from each series- we all know that.
Yes Captains first from the other series- then shift to second most popular in each show(Data is easy for TNG- but DS9? ...hard one)

Love Janeway and Seven and yes Archer would be great..

Nanjin,

We all respect you and your work. You have obviously put your heart and your soul into every project that you do, and it is greatly appreciated by all of us.

Since your going to do TMP 1/6th scale figures, and bring us all back to our childhoods, that kind of makes you a Creator, so please remember one thing:

“The Creator must join with V’ger.”

41483052ad068d7415bb5c9d216c342e.jpg

711fbf95329dfa1070a42e95d84366f4.jpg

81366333ec545d57097f96796fb381e3.jpg

Bald heads give me creeps... because of the mold line is difficult to “disappear”

But...

I just met a new friend who does molds for XX. He is willing to “teach” my mold dude, Jacky, the skill. This skill usually is viewed as a ticket for high income and never taught to others. But, after I shown this guy where I am heading for my final destination, he is willing to help me with no $ sign in his formula.

Ilia can be a good challenge for Jacky to fine tone his newly learnt skill.

I like Lt Ilia.

Back