QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez man, some collectors posting on here just can't help but be the overly-critical no fun-having types. Kind of funny in a way. And sad. I don't understand that mindset. At all. But hey, if ya gotta gripe, you just gotta. A-lotta it seems.

Then you have no empathy, bud. Different people have different opinions. Just because they differ from yours, doesn't make you right. That's what open discussion is for: seeing and hearing varying world viewpoints. You're griping about people griping, so you're... Hmmm

And if you were referring to my posts, which I'm going to assume you were, or at least partly referencing, then you need to reread them with your new empathy hat on. I said my opinion was from a selfish POV but I'd like to complete the TOS line before then seeing upgraded K&S, but understand QMx's standpoint. I don't like it, but do understand.

Actually I was referring to others who've said they sold everything off because of the delays, or because they weren't able to get a complete set, or whatever other reason has been given. Sorry if that sounded like a dig at you.

Ah, I see, no problem. Sorry for the confusion.

I'd just like the complete TOS before moving on. Plus, I know I'd really want the upgraded Kirk and Spock, which makes money tight. So, if they release them first then spring say Uhura on us, there's a chance I'd miss out. If I have to choose one or the other, it would be completing the original TOS.

That sounds fantastic and it’s great that Trek fans with the funds and space will be able to buy these variants. Personally speaking I simply don’t have enough room in my house for multiples of the same character so would really appreciate the opportunity to purchase an accessory pack for the figures I do have (variant costumes, headsculpts etc)...

This would be great, but from what I've seen companies rarely do this because it's not cost effective/not enough demand. Which is why these knockoff companies do it: no license fees to pay. I would imagine that if Trek is mega popular, they could look into it, but doubtful, IMO.

This would be great, but from what I've seen companies rarely do this because it's not cost effective/not enough demand. Which is why these knockoff companies do it: no license fees to pay. I would imagine that if Trek is mega popular, they could look into it, but doubtful, IMO.

Yeah, it’s probably just a pipe dream, thought I’d just put in my 2c knowing that Nanjin frequents this forum. I’m pretty happy with my original Kirk and the head sculpt works well for most poses but it’d be great to have the option of changing out the looks occasionally.
Very grateful for what we’ve received so far though!

Does anyone make sixth scale buckskins? This might be culturally inappropriate to ask on Halloween

I think my generic gripe about griping is the level of negativity with insufficient light and shade. There is a lot to love about these figures even if they could be tweaked to even more amazing.

More generally, I think it's sweet that people are bummed by the amount of time it takes these figures to come out (even though it's a problem across the industry pretty much all the time so one has to wonder why anybody even bothers to get their hopes up - expect delays to avoid disappointment and then on the rare occasions when they come out on time, you'll be genuinely pleased). Further, if they came out more regularly, people would be bummed that they had insufficient funds to buy them and the toy companies would have money buried in stock they couldn't shift.

Enjoy the sweet spot in the middle. Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

I think my generic gripe about griping is the level of negativity with insufficient light and shade. There is a lot to love about these figures even if they could be tweaked to even more amazing.

More generally, I think it's sweet that people are bummed by the amount of time it takes these figures to come out (even though it's a problem across the industry pretty much all the time so one has to wonder why anybody even bothers to get their hopes up - expect delays to avoid disappointment and then on the rare occasions when they come out on time, you'll be genuinely pleased). Further, if they came out more regularly, people would be bummed that they had insufficient funds to buy them and the toy companies would have money buried in stock they couldn't shift.

Enjoy the sweet spot in the middle. Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

I can't speak for others but for me it's how QmX treats their customers, not just Star Trek,but Firefly, too. If you go back and look at my posts from a year ago and compare them to now you can see where I as all on the Star Trek hype train, but QmX popped that bubble with radio silence, and not giving straight answers. The unreasonable delays is a lesser factor then the other two. I simply will not reward a company with my money for bad service to me no matter how great their product is. It just reinforces their idea that such behavior is ok.

Yeah after the delays, lack of news, and Picard fiasco, I guess I can understand why people might be a bit frustrated. For me though the high quality of everything else they've done so far more than makes up for that. And I'd still much rather have QMX making these figures than a BCS, Star Ace, or Threezero.

Yeah after the delays, lack of news, and Picard fiasco, I guess I can understand why people might be a bit frustrated. For me though the high quality of everything else they've done so far more than makes up for that. And I'd still much rather have QMX making these figures than a BCS, Star Ace, or Threezero.

And I don't fault anyone for feeling that way, that's their choice. For me though how a company treats their customers is more important then their product, especially in a field that is essentially made of people's disposable income. There are many other companies, products, even hobbies that are all competing for my money, I don't have to settle.

Well Kirk is now selling for about $450
And Spock is selling for $350

My point is there is a reason why the big
2 is worth almost double. Because they came
out amazing in likeness and quality.

QMX has made some of the best 1/6 mass
Produced figures to date. I understand
no company is perfect but would you rather
pay QMX or Big Chief for the new Bonds?

Go check out the Bond release and see what
the buyers think of the last release and the price
point on that release.

I do agree QMX should not only provide weekly teases
but more confirmed release information though.

Last edited:
Well Kirk is now selling for about $450
And Spock is selling for $350

My point is there is a reason why the big
2 is worth almost double. Because they came
out amazing in likeness and quality.

QMX has made some of the best 1/6 mass
Produced figures to date. I understand
no company is perfect but would you rather
pay QMX or Big Chief for the new Bonds?

Go check out the Bond release and see what
the buyers think of the last release and the price
point on that release.

I do agree QMX should not only provide weekly teases
but more confirmed release information though.

You're missing my point. For ME the quality no matter how good is not worth MY money if I feel the company acts poorly or treats a fan base poorly. I do not expect others to feel the same way as ME. If others love the figures no matter how QmX acts, great good for them.

I don't know why you bring up Bond or another company in a QmX Star Trek thread, both a irrelevant. However in the spirit of your question, if I didn't like the quality of the figures, I wouldn't buy them, I don't NEED the figures so badly that I would accept poor quality, much like I won't accept them from a company I feel is acting poorly to the fans.

You are correct on the pricing though, My Spock sold for exactly that amount, Picard sold for 200, Kirk and McCoy havent sold yet, but I expect them to soon.

The Bond figures are good but nowhere near QMX ST figures.
I am excited that Kirk and Spock will be getting an upgrade but how long are these off? Year? Longer??

Did they ever clarify whether that Beyond Kirk figure was canceled or not?

Feel like I've been waiting for 50 years. :lol

It looked like Nanjin was still tweaking the sculpt on the Beyond Kirk, so there's a chance it might still be released. Although if we ever do see him, I'm guessing he'll just be in a regular uniform instead of that super complex away outfit.

Personally I would love to have both.

It looked like Nanjin was still tweaking the sculpt on the Beyond Kirk, so there's a chance it might still be released. Although if we ever do see him, I'm guessing he'll just be in a regular uniform instead of that super complex away outfit.

Personally I would love to have both.

I suspect the release of NuKirk will be timed to coincide withe the next movie. If Pine bows out, who knows?

At the current rate of release , I don’t think TWOK
or the new Kirk and Spock will be out until
2021. Scotty is next follow by Sulu.

After that who knows if TWOK or the TNG

I suspect the release of NuKirk will be timed to coincide withe the next movie. If Pine bows out, who knows?

At the current rate of release , I don’t think TWOK
or the new Kirk and Spock will be out until
2021. Scotty is next follow by Sulu.

After that who knows if TWOK or the TNG

Yes I think they are not going to dilute the line now unless they are trying to bring out something for a special occasion. So I expect a home run for TOS with a possible blip for the TMP anniversary or special guest appearances for Christmas.

I would expect a new Kirk either after Sulu or after Uhura and a new Spock after Uhura or after Chekov. I think Chapel is unlikely unless they think about Pike and Number One figures, which seems a stretch.

Possibly Data might be a Christmas treat next year if TMP Kirk doesn't take up that slot. I would have thought they would not want two versions of Kirk coming out too close together which is why Kirk after Sulu is possible.

I went on a shopping spree. My figures get more clothes than I buy for myself!

Kilt.jpg

*giggling*

pants.jpg

Back