QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only things I could really see critically about Scotty is that, just like the other releases, you could argue he looks a smidge too old for the TOS era as we saw it, and two, some might not like the stern choice of expression. Personally I don't mind the stern expression at all, and the age thing hasn't been too much of an issue for me based on past figures once in hand and on display, so I'm pretty happy all in all.

Of course the ultimate test will be when I finally get to open the box and see him in person, but right now definitely more excited than concerned, personally.

in hand the extra wrinkles aren't bad i'm sure- it's this or nothing- perfect? of course not

Wow, look at how good Sulu turned out:

add5ca138b98384cd58018312c277621.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ordered some more tights and boots for my Rand customs and I need a spare Storm for her x-uniform so I'll use her body for Barbie Uhura as a placeholder until next year. Hopefully when Scotty arrives I should have a half decent 8 figures including TMP Rand and Khan.

I also snapped up three Mego uniforms on eBay so I might see how Kirk, Spock, and McCoy look dressed up for TMP.

What have you been using for boots for your Rand figures? I haven't seen anything that looks close on the usual online sources.

Tom

What have you been using for boots for your Rand figures? I haven't seen anything that looks close on the usual online sources.

Tom

s-l1600.jpg
The ones I tried before looked good on a Xing body until I used ankle extenders to make Rand taller (xing bodies are quite short). I'm waiting for these ones to show up, though ironically I now think the heels may make her a bit tall. We'll see!

I have a problem. I ordered the 1/6 scale Captains chair direct from QMX and I've had to put two sets of fresh batteries in it since I've had it. They seems to go dead in just a few weeks and that's after I've only played the sounds a few times. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have a problem. I ordered the 1/6 scale Captains chair direct from QMX and I've had to put two sets of fresh batteries in it since I've had it. They seems to go dead in just a few weeks and that's after I've only played the sounds a few times. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes. A few of us have had this problem.

I've never put batteries in mine, I just use the USB. Admittedly that's because I'm so absent minded that I'd probably leave batteries in it until they leak. I've list a few bits of tech that way.

Back