Media Dragonball Dokkan Battle App.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, yes, I see it. Out of the characters you can buy in Baba's shop using a ticket, is Super Trunks a good investment? Trunks is my favorite character, but I imagine the tickets are hard to come by.

Thanks for the friend acceptance!

Ah, yes, I see it. Out of the characters you can buy in Baba's shop using a ticket, is Super Trunks a good investment? Trunks is my favorite character, but I imagine the tickets are hard to come by.
Ok, there are TWO different packs you can buy in Pilaf's Trove to get a card:

1.) Appreciation Pack $15: a much better deal because you are essentially buying a god lead. A god lead is a card that has a leadership skill that gives +70% to all other cards of that color. Again, Super Vegito is by far the best because he blocks 80% and counterattacks. SSJ3 Gotenks hits like a freight train and I use him on my fusion team; I have crit for 1.6 million before with him. Buuhan heals nonstop, but he is kind out outdated now with the "new" leads that give 120%.

2.) Beginner's Pack $10: gives 15 dragonstones, a bunch of awakening medals, and the Beginner ticket you are mentioning. Out of those cards, str. Bardock or maybe SS Gohan (just for the 70% super attack) are the best. I use Str. Bardock on my main team because he Dokkans and gives +30% to all str. units and I beat every event in the game and all of the Boss Rush stages easily. The agi. SSJ Goku is a pretty solid starter unit as well because he does supreme damage and links with tons of other cards. The teq. Vegeta is a piece of crap and one of the worst SSR cards in the game.
The problem with Phy. Super Trunks is that he only does extreme damage until you can dokkan him. You really want cards that do Supreme damage or Immense damage. He does supreme damage & fierce battle when you Dokkan him and makes fighting Cell easier, but you might want to wait until you pull him from a banner since you are just starting.

I don't know how much you plan on spending on the game, it can be a very expensive "free" game if you want the top-tier cards...I spend more than I should, but I figure it is hours of entertainment and I like to have the best cards. You could buy the Appreciation pack & Beginner's pack to get agi. Super Vegito & SSJ Goku and they would link well together. You would also get a ton of awakening medals and 15 dragonstones to use on summoning from one of the current banners or to save up for the next banner in December.

Int. Gogeta is considered the best non-LR card in the game right now and his banner is up. If Trunks is your favorite character, Int. Rage Trunks is on the Gogeta banner and he is an absolute monster!

The rumor is that next month will have a dual banner featuring Phy. SSJ3 Gotenks (120% lead) and SSJ3 Broly (120% lead).

Would make sense having a dual dokkan fest for Christmas, would get the last 120% leads out the way for next year and would incentivise people to pull on broly as he is likely the worst selling of all the 120% leads.

I just want to get to ssj3 Bardock, every other category lead so far hasn't interested me apart from ssj4 gogeta and phy omega, plus, no one on jp seems to run str ult Gohan and int Frieza. Shame too, Friezas team is niche but amazing if you have LR Broly and majeta, same with Gohan but you need LR Gohan and Trunks really.

I'm noticing more and more teams requiring LRs, so really they need to make them easier to acquire. They aren't really God cards anymore, just have higher than normal stats but many cards are getting close to matching them nowdays.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm noticing more and more teams requiring LRs, so really they need to make them easier to acquire.
I noticed that JP is releasing more and more LR cards...I think if they follow this trend it will kill the game because there are only three ways to get an LR card. a) luck b) spend obscene amounts of money rolling c) reroll an account over and over until you get one.

I dropped a ton on both Dokkan Fest banners that had Broly and came up empty handed. They only have less than a 1% drop rate chance. As of right now, I have all of the "free" LR cards except Frieza and that is because I am waiting to see if the do an event for him.

Yeah, I got lucky with Broly on a double rate banner, but spent 1000 stones on the int banner and got nothing for Gohan (had saved up for a couple months for them [emoji14]

No idea, he had his own banner on jp so likely we will get it aswell before he goes on the out banner.

No idea, he had his own banner on jp so likely we will get it aswell before he goes on the out banner.
Ok. If they release a dual banner in December, I might toss a few stones toward Phy. SSJ3 Trunks and Teq. SSJ3 Angel Goku (assuming he is on the Broly banner) because I got shafted trying to get him on his own banner, but I think I might start saving stones now hoping that LR Trunks gets his own banner.

Thanks for the breakdown of character incentives, Kibishii! I had no idea INT Gogeta was that good; he's the only one holding it down on my team right now smh (I was lucky enough to pull him on a complimentary summon that the banner used to give after 3 Multi-Summons). Was crossing my fingers for that Rage Trunks but didn't have the luck for it. I might try again, but now that you've turned me toward the LR Trunks, I'm probably going to start saving my Dragon Stones in the hopes that his base version is released for global.

All three look awesome, but I especially love the art for the UR SSJ Trunks. Too bad you can't progress the card's stats while retaining its cosmetics, kinda like how you could "cancel" an evolution in Pokemon in order to keep its appearance the same.

maxresdefault.jpg

Do the Japan-only cards eventually all reach global, or does Bandai Namco keep some of them permanently exclusive to Japan?

Thanks for the breakdown of character incentives, Kibishii! I had no idea INT Gogeta was that good; he's the only one holding it down on my team right now smh (I was lucky enough to pull him on a complimentary summon that the banner used to give after 3 Multi-Summons). Was crossing my fingers for that Rage Trunks but didn't have the luck for it. I might try again, but now that you've turned me toward the LR Trunks, I'm probably going to start saving my Dragon Stones in the hopes that his base version is released for global.

All three look awesome, but I especially love the art for the UR SSJ Trunks. Too bad you can't progress the card's stats while retaining its cosmetics, kinda like how you could "cancel" an evolution in Pokemon in order to keep its appearance the same.

maxresdefault.jpg

Do the Japan-only cards eventually all reach global, or does Bandai Namco keep some of them permanently exclusive to Japan?
First, you are lucky to get Int. Gogeta from the start. I love my Int. Gogeta, Rage Trunks, God Goku, LR Piccolo, & God Vegeta combo (I still need the +35% support card).

Other than Heroes (License is only in JP), most cards come to global. That said, LR cards have less than a 1% chance to drop unless it is on a double rate banner. They still haven't released LR Ginyu for global, so you might have a long time to wait or they could release LR Trunks as a Christmas surprise. We just don't know.

Personally, I think it they are going to do a dual banner (Gotenks & Broly) for Christmas and then release Battlefield at the New Year (LR Ginyu) with a banner for that. I don't base my long term plans around an LR simply because they are so difficult to get and I prefer to spend $$$ on dual banners that usually have a promotion. Like Deano said, he dropped 1k trying to get LR Gohan and came up empty. I have dropped that much on the two banners that LR Broly was on and came up empty. LR's to me are just gambling with too many stones at low odds. :dunno

The only time we haven't gotten units is the heroes banner and that was due to licensing. Normal cards and banners have always came to global later, we are maybe 6 months behind.

When I started checking out the Heroes cards, I was like, "I'm okay without them."

But then I saw this:

latest

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Damn licensing!

Femtech, I just thought of something since you have Int. Gogeta. If you have the stones, you might want to keep trying for Rage Trunks. His Super Attack is farmable with str. Trunks (Future) from the Future Trunks story that must be coming around soon. My Rage Trunks is still at SA1 because I have been waiting for that story to come back around and buying the awakening medals every time I see them in Baba's Shop.

With the exception of agi. Super Vegito, I would try and build a team around your int. Gogeta.

Good call, Kibishii! Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I have 11 days to get my characters stronger in case the Trunks story arrives in the next wave of events. I'm still not able to safely take on Z-Hard stages. For example, I farmed the "Time-Traveling Warrior" Strike Event to get my STR Trunks (Teen) to SA 10, but I keep dying when I try to earn his Dokkan medals. Oh well; if I were to successfully start getting those medals, I think I'd probably stockpile them anyway, since that LR Trunks would undoubtedly require an absurd amount of them.

Good call, Kibishii! Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I have 11 days to get my characters stronger in case the Trunks story arrives in the next wave of events. I'm still not able to safely take on Z-Hard stages. For example, I farmed the "Time-Traveling Warrior" Strike Event to get my STR Trunks (Teen) to SA 10, but I keep dying when I try to earn his Dokkan medals. Oh well; if I were to successfully start getting those medals, I think I'd probably stockpile them anyway, since that LR Trunks would undoubtedly require an absurd amount of them.
LRs in jp recently have needed medals from multiple events, so I wouldn't worry about that. IIRC LR Trunks needed medals from the strike events aswell as his dokkan event.

I totally neglected that his medals would come from his Dokkan event *facepalm* Good looking out, Deano. :duff
I tend to stay away from Facebook groups because I've gotten flooded by other people's posts in the past, but is that the best place to hear news and speculation on upcoming banners/events?

The dokkan battle subreddit always has up to date info, aswell as the dokkan YouTubers like rhymestyle, nanogenix, dokkanic etc.

Ok, so big news. With today's update dbz.space datamined and found that the adult ssj3 Gotenks card got translated along with phy ssj3 Gotenks! Heroes may finally be coming to global!

Ok, so big news. With today's update dbz.space datamined and found that the adult ssj3 Gotenks card got translated along with phy ssj3 Gotenks! Heroes may finally be coming to global!
Wow, we have A LOT of stuff coming at us. Phy SSJ3 Gotenks, Teq. SSJ3 Broly, Heroes, Battleground...I don't see LR Trunks coming until around February/March. It think he came out in JP mid-August?

With the update we got last night, my farm/grind list is sick:
1. Omega Shenron SA farm: 63 medals +60 Korin medals
2. Cooler- 21 medals
3. Janemba SA farm: 168 medals
4. Future Trunks: a ****-ton...farming the teq. Future Trunks to 10 as well as Rage Trunks
5. Merged Zamas SA farm & 77 medals
6. 500+ Incredible Gems- the 2 Kais and I need to restock up on Hourglasses

I think I am going to break my own rule tonight and use stones to refresh stamina...
Femtech, here is your chance to grind out Future Trunks because the event went up last night! Honestly, I think you should really focus on grinding through the quests to level up, farm stones, and increase your Team Cost. My 12 year old quit playing because he got LR Gohan but then couldn't use him with any other Awakened cards because his team cost was so low (I can give you his Friend ID if you want it. he left LR Gohan as his lead, but he doesn't really play anymore)

Back