QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Jayne Cobb

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a really bad and unflattering angle on the Zoe pic, so while the photo makes her look bad it's hard to tell how accurate that is. Definitely need to see more.

Jayne looks really good to me, though.

9dd8c2de46ba0bf12f372456ab81c931.jpg

4d546aa08a623333bfa6a75862b1b9f4.jpg

800d7a3d163227abe1b68cb30a726526.jpg

Thanks for the pics Zod! What do you think of the figure, and was Zoe there?

Not too digging the expression, especially since they nailed the smirk on Mal.

Thanks for the pics Zod! What do you think of the figure, and was Zoe there?

Not too digging the expression, especially since they nailed the smirk on Mal.

I liked Jayne, but part of that is that I'm just desperate to get the damn thing after waiting so long. Zoe wasn't as impressive.

e04cf19cd46fa365e8151483fbc69e4f.jpg

6f708f177242f64872975519af7edc64.jpg

1dd80d959a8af8620a4131700351d283.jpg

953a8c4e5b079f90052dc357202e396b.jpg

a13bade7ae6dea93a23f0e88dd89685b.jpg

Damn. That head is HUGE. And the weird proportions of that base body aren't doing her any favors either.

Plus the chunky seams on the clothes ... it all make her look a lot more toy-like than Mal and Jayne. That's disappointing.

Hoo boy, Zoe looks pretty bad there. Head is too big and the expression is kinda lifeless. I hope QMX would tweak her like they did for Mal.. but that would take another decade. :horror

That was really the third Mal head. (Or maybe the first head the second time, depending on how you look at it.) The original Mal proto looked great. Everybody was excited and pre-ordered. Then they showed the production head and it was all oversized and swollen and weird. So people (rightly) freaked out. But I do credit QMx for doing right by their customers, they stopped production and redid the head so it looked more like the original. And that figure turned out very well.

Here's hoping we get some major tweaks to Zoe before things get too far along this time.

Jayne looks great!

Zoe, not so much. The size of the head could be forgivable as most of the time the head shrinks in production and one has to believe that this is an early prototype probably (hopefully?) rushed together to make it to the show.

Aside from the weak paint apps on Zoe, I'm not too concerned about the size of the head right now, it'll shrink. What concerns me most is that weirdly proportioned body. Gina Torres is a pretty well-put together woman. This looks to have no neck, a short torso, puny arms and she doesn't look tall enough. Gina's 5'10".

That was really the third Mal head. (Or maybe the first head the second time, depending on how you look at it.) The original Mal proto looked great. Everybody was excited and pre-ordered. Then they showed the production head and it was all oversized and swollen and weird. So people (rightly) freaked out. But I do credit QMx for doing right by their customers, they stopped production and redid the head so it looked more like the original. And that figure turned out very well.

Here's hoping we get some major tweaks to Zoe before things get too far along this time.

Andy from QMX really did what not many companies would do by fixing Mal so close to release and I think we should all be grateful for that. I might joke around about how long these figure are taking to come out but when it comes to how they fixed the Mal debacle, no one could have done a better job than QMX. If this were Sideshow or Hot Toys, they would have shipped the figure with the issues knowingly and wouldn't care.

Yeah with that oversized head this Zoe is reminding me a lot right now of the old Sideshow Buffy figures. But I'm confident they'll get that straightened out and improve the sculpt as well.

Jayne meanwhile looks amazing and I can't wait to order him. Paintjob could be improved a bit, but that's the only issue I'm seeing.

Hey, guys. I actually painted that Zoe. Here's some better pics of the sculpt and paint. I wasn't able to post them until recently. Cheers.
690fd4f5451980e3fa65df184213b29e.jpg
b598ed5e1893329c0054d6210e5d20a4.jpg
f6f3d9cd67f1eb61ef1223275b88b866.jpg
546e0f1c792703df0b7076dff962a215.jpg
b755c451b6f9f391fd569261cba080c0.jpg
c97c24a7a539588486660875aff54116.jpg
309433e3f00e7f902bce537a688d3a8c.jpg
fc0bb643f2173b3ecb908d600f004cb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey, guys. I actually painted that Zoe. Here's some better pics of the sculpt and paint. I wasn't able to post them until recently. Cheers.

The lighting QMX uses for their displays doesn't do these figures any favors. I wish they'd figure out something better so the details were better visible. Dealing with glare from the glass is a given, but dealing with poor lighting shouldn't be.

I'll tell you what though. If we've learned anything from Mal, Qmx seems to be the company that listens to critique. I'm confident she'll be a labor of love and by the time she gets close to release, everyone will be much happier. I totally love my Mal. I still look at it and am amazed by how much it smokes my old custom.

I'll tell you what though. If we've learned anything from Mal, Qmx seems to be the company that listens to critique. I'm confident she'll be a labor of love and by the time she gets close to release, everyone will be much happier. I totally love my Mal. I still look at it and am amazed by how much it smokes my old custom.

Absolutely. I was trepedatious about Mal with the flat paint and bloated sculpt so close to release until Andy dropped by and said they were fixing it. I was more than happy with the end product, and I would say it's easily one of my top 10 figures in my collection. Unlike other 1/6 figure companies (wink wink cough cough), QMX seems to care about their craft and their fans.

Back